8741 replies to this topic

#841 Judy3

Judy3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I have luscious flank steak marinating in a Thai-inspired lemongrass kaffir lime marinade. We are going to grill to medium rare, slice thinly against the grain and place in cellophone wrappers with cucumber, carrot and radish matchsticks, tiny microgreens from the garden and vermicelli noodles and drizzle with Thai dressing. Celeriac and green apple slaw with apple cider vinaigrette and fried capers. Simply green grapes for dessert.

I bet I'm too late for dinner huh? Wow that sounds good!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#842 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

I bet I'm too late for dinner huh? Wow that sounds good!!

It was very flavourful and fun. Sorry you missed it - perhaps tonight? :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#843 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Swedish Meatballs with a touch of Red Currant Jelly
Duchesse Potatoes with Roasted Black Garlic
Molasses Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Shaved Fennel Salad with Blue Cheese, Candied Walnuts and Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#844 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Chili, Corn Chips, Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookies while watching the Canucks win the Cup!

Tonight is brought to you by the letter C!

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#845 Wenmin

Wenmin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Chicken Sauce Piquante served over rice.

Wenmin

#846 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Chili, Corn Chips, Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookies while watching the Canucks win the Cup!

Tonight is brought to you by the letter C!

My husband is watching the Canucks win tonight! I will be at our Celiac meeting so will miss the Canucks winning.

#847 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

tonight rice crackers with cream cheese B)

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#848 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

I made hamburgers on my little George Foreman grill and wrapped them in romaine lettuce with a little cheese and diced tomato. I also had ore ida sweet potato fries. For those of you that are soy allergic, they are soy free. They use canola oil for these. They are pretty good.

#849 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

That flank steak sounds YUM!! I just got a flank steak. The last one I got we stir fried and it was so good. But I am going to marinate it this time around.

We had andouille sausage with red potatoes and corn on the cob. I got the produce from the farmer's market this morning and it was so good!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#850 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Roast pork with homemade NE Carolina BBQ sauce, carrots, and taters. I really need to start thinking green. Dessert: potato vodka with pear juice and fresh lycchee martini. My sidekick opted for the usual (peanut butter cookie using THE recipe.) :)
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#851 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Split Pea Falafel
Brown Rice Cous-Cous with Butternut Squash, Herbs, and Olives

Blueberries. LOTS of blueberries.
Chocolate Hazelnut Mini-muffin

No green here, but I had some local asparagus with lunch.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#852 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Some white fish from the freezer. And wine. I'm beginning to see a theme in my cooking. :ph34r: :P :lol: :lol:
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#853 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

WOW.....You are a fancy lot of GFers this evening. I am a little embarrassed with my dinner selection....but here goes.

A bowl of corn
2 slices of toasted udi's bread with butter
2 ounces of Balsamic Asiago cheese

I take a bite of toast, then a piece of cheese, and a spoonful of corn in my mouth at the same time....yummy..
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#854 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

Last night I had a hamburger on a Rudi's bun. The bun was okay. It was the only brand my local health food store had. I think I can do just as well by making my own hamburger buns and a whole lot cheaper than $5.99 for four. I still want to try Udi's.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#855 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

Tonight will most likely be breakfast casserole and either gluten-free biscuits or cinnamon buns. A bowl of fruit on the side.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: