9320 replies to this topic

#8581 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

I finally have an appetite back, yay! I wasn't feeling great this morning but told my friend I would work for her at the college because she needed to go get a strep test. I knew I needed to eat something, so I had a bowl of oatmeal. By lunchtime I was ravenous, I guess not really eating anything substantial for 4 days really catches up with you. :lol:

I have one of those cook it in its own bag pork tenerloins in the fridge. So naturally I'll take it out and rotisserie it, because if it can be rotisseried, it will be! And I'm sure there are veggies of some sort in the kitchen. I saw a recipe a few days ago for scalloped carrots that looked interesting. I may get ambitious and make those.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8582 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Addy you make me really want a rotisserie!  I have no room for more stuff in my kitchen, though, and I have a huge kitchen... LOL.  My next big purchase is definitely going to be a thermapen so I can take instant easy temperature readings of food.  They are near $100 though, so I am going to drop hints for Christmas.

Yesterday I had leftover red beans and rice that I had frozen, and today I will probably make grilled chicken and whatever veggies are in there laying around.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8583 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

I needed a new toaster, it also works as a toaster oven and was on clearance for a silly price. The kitchen is so small I feel like I can't turn around in it, but I wouldn't give it up for anything!

$100 for a kitchen thermometer? :blink: I think I'll keep using my $20 one and be slow. :lol: I really would like one of those ones that you stick in the meat and leave it in and put the electronic part on the counter and it'll beep when your meat is done though. Those are nice. ^_^

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8584 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Oh, I LOVE those remote read thermometers.  They are worth it for your sanity at thanksgiving and any time you roast something and don't want to check all the time.  I had a really cheap one that I had to rig up  and hold a certain way for it to still work, and last month I WON A NEW ONE from my favorite cooking blog.  I was so freaking excited!!!  It is a really good chef quality one so hopefully it will last forever.  Of course I have told yall I am a germaphobe, but one of my great fears is food borne illness.  I temp check everything, but I also don't like overcooked dry meat, so I really try to make sure I am at a good temp, but not over.  

Next time, on "Laura's Anal Retentive Kitchen"....  watch Laura fully sanitize everything in her kitchen three times over after putting a whole chicken in to roast.

LOL

(Im not joking... hahaha)

Last night I made chocolate chip cookies, a half batch.  But I forgot to halve the eggs, so they turned out more like chocolate chip muffin mounds.  Still good, but very poofy.  Tonight I still need to hit the grocery store, but I am thinking maybe a grilled pork tenderloin or something like that.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8585 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

My husband is a bit of a germaphope. The only reason I own a stupid thermometer at all is to get him to shut up about his stupid meat. And omg beef? If it's brown on the outside I'm pretty sure it's done. If my plate doesn't look like I just murdered an animal when I'm done eating, it was cooked too long. He's all EWWWWWWWW!!!!! <_< :lol:

And I'd probably make you crazy in the kitchen. I just throw things anywhere that is out of immediate way and when I'm done cooking my kitchen looks like a hurricane hit it. Which all gets promptly dealt with... :mellow: :) :lol: nah, it gets left til tomorrow when I haven't just eaten dinner in the middle of the freaking night and am nearly ready for bed.

Tonight will be the remainder of our leftover pork with idk what yet. I think I have a rather large sweet potato in the kitchen I could bake or make wedges out of.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8586 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hey, I almost forgot!!!

happy-anniversary-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8587 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

My oldest daughter just won the SkillsUSA national Robotics and Automation Competition with her partner. Next summer they go to Brazil to compete internationally! This is the one that wanted to be a chemical engineer, did the FIRST competition and fell madly in love with robots. She is now headed off this fall, switching from a community college to a university as a mechanical engineer. I feel like my heart could pop from pride. :wub:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8588 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

Yesterday I skipped coming home after the market. Instead I stoped by the store, picked up one of those ready to eat, single person salads that comes with a fork and everything (they're awesome) and a couple Bolthouse Farms drinks and headed off to my BFF's office. She had some ideas on how I could get my products online, which I've been avoiding because of shipping costs being astronomical due to weight. Then we went to JoAnn's together, a dangerous but fun proposition! We spent 2 or 3 hours there, we both totally lost track. But, she has a new hobby she's enjoying that is keeping her sane. And, I have ideas for two new products that I can have ready for next Saturday. I was still so excited that I was pretty much bouncing off the walls when I got home at nearly 10. By 11:30 I crashed, hard. lol!

I'm thinking dinner tonight should be chicken maybe. It'll be easy but awesome and give me lots of time to work. I have an Italian marinade a store wasn't going to carry anymore and picked up for less than a buck. And it's not even made of a billion kinds of soy, I was so shocked! :) It's also delicious. I'll probably make something easy and simple to go with it, but I have no idea what yet. I'm sure something will come to me.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8589 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

Too pooped to pop today....giving youngest the link to make this:

Removed link....doh...privacy blunder

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#8590 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Just saw an ad for an HBO series called " The Leftovers". Is it based on this thread? Perhaps it should be called " Encores"?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8591 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Just saw an ad for an HBO series called " The Leftovers". Is it based on this thread? Perhaps it should be called " Encores"?

If'n I was in charge, it would be.  ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8592 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Freaking thieves ;)

So I was puking for a day and a half...could have been too much wine, too much coffee or simply a little bug that has thankfully flown away :D

Sunday night changed...sent the youngest to get a tri-tip as the men all needed beef!

Last night Hubs was back in the kitchen - hip hip hooray - made simple grilled pork chops, rice and veggies.

Tonight we have Turkey Meatloaf and tomorrow I'm finally making that one pan chicken, green beans (oh crap what am I supposed to call them?) and potatoes.

ps...thanks Addie :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#8593 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Freaking thieves ;)

So I was puking for a day and a half...could have been too much wine, too much coffee or simply a little bug that has thankfully flown away :D

Sunday night changed...sent the youngest to get a tri-tip as the men all needed beef!

Last night Hubs was back in the kitchen - hip hip hooray - made simple grilled pork chops, rice and veggies.

Tonight we have Turkey Meatloaf and tomorrow I'm finally making that one pan chicken, green beans (oh crap what am I supposed to call them?) and potatoes.

ps...thanks Addie :)

Puking - BAD!

1 pan chicken, potatoes and green beans ( calling them what they are!) sounds great. Is that recipe on here? I'll have to look later.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8594 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

You both know full well there are green beans and there are haricot verts...and if you are eating haricots verts, you better call them that!  :P

you little shi.......

We're having pork enchiladas and cilantro lime rice. 

Tropical depression #1 is here...raining like mad and it's only 78. It was 92 on Saturday. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8595 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Puking - BAD!

1 pan chicken, potatoes and green beans ( calling them what they are!) sounds great. Is that recipe on here? I'll have to look later.

nope..it is the one I removed cuz the link had my realworld FB name in it ;)

will find and post later

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: