#8821 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:52 AM

rainbow+unicorn.jpg

I liked this one.  Just couldn't get it into my signature.

Oh ADDY will love this!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#8822 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,685 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 AM

unicorn_vomit_rainbow.jpg

And then there is this one of the Celiac unicorn finding out that rainbows over the wheat harvest during a high wind (and really, there is always a high  wind over a wheat field) are not gluten free.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#8823 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 AM

unicorn_vomit_rainbow.jpg

And then there is this one of the Celiac unicorn finding out that rainbows over the wheat harvest during a high wind (and really, there is always a high  wind over a wheat field) are not gluten free.

hahaha!! :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8824 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 AM

You're so twisted. :P I was looking at your little chubby headed unicorn last night and thinking about how adorable he is. Makes me smile. :D I much prefer the happy purple unicorn to the vomiting rainbows one. My husband is gonna kill me for this... but after Easter when all the baskets were half off they had one with a little chubby alicorn in it. (An alicorn is a unicorn with wings for anyone who didn't know.) Anyway, my husband thought it was adorable so he got it. For himself. It's on his desk with his Blizzard (the game company) stuffed animals.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8825 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Went to an amazing restaurant with a 4 PAGE gluten-free menu!!!

#8826 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:50 PM

Take me, Please! 

Today my relatives went back home, gonna make pork stir fry tonight.  I have eaten so much junk the past week I need to make up for it big time!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8827 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,685 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:56 PM

KFG ( crockpot) lasagna.

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#8828 Georgia_guy

Georgia_guy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Where?!?!?

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue 😴😴, migraines 😣😣, abdominal pain, joint pain are most prominent
April 2014- Nutritionist suggested celiac
May 2014- "reverse gluten challenge" © 2014 by "georgia_guy" 😁
28 May 2014- Officlal member of the Silly Yak Club per tests done at private lab out of pocket-have to stand corrected on previos statements, I have now seen the actual results...IgA defficient, IgG was high on both tests
29 May 2014- Start of Gluten Free life!
I am weird and random, and I proudly claim it!
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! 😁😀😜😛😎😷😋😇😏

#8829 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted Today, 03:07 AM

http://www.soldiersf...-and-grille.htm

Walk in, ask if anyone needs gluten-free menu before they ask how many are in our party.  They have 2 kitchens, one for gluten-free.  The waitress brought out my daughter's food first, the gluten stuff, said she would be right back with mine after she WASHED HER HANDS, brought mine out, different colored plate with a toothpick thing in that said Gluten Free on it.  They had a Parmesan bread, gluten-free, that was really good too!!  She said if her boss saw her bringing out regular food and gluten-free food together they are fired on the spot--same if she didn't wash her hands between serving.  The food was fantastic too!!  The sister of the owner is Celiac and she added the second kitchen when her sister was diagnosed.  I asked if there were plans to franchise in the future :D 

#8830 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted Today, 06:12 AM

KFG ( crockpot) lasagna.

I have to know how to make this.  I bought a new crockpot after my fudge burning fiasco...

:D HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY :D

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderat

#8831 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted Today, 09:25 AM

http://www.soldiersf...-and-grille.htm

Walk in, ask if anyone needs gluten-free menu before they ask how many are in our party.  They have 2 kitchens, one for gluten-free.  The waitress brought out my daughter's food first, the gluten stuff, said she would be right back with mine after she WASHED HER HANDS, brought mine out, different colored plate with a toothpick thing in that said Gluten Free on it.  They had a Parmesan bread, gluten-free, that was really good too!!  She said if her boss saw her bringing out regular food and gluten-free food together they are fired on the spot--same if she didn't wash her hands between serving.  The food was fantastic too!!  The sister of the owner is Celiac and she added the second kitchen when her sister was diagnosed.  I asked if there were plans to franchise in the future :D

This sounds awesome. We have a small pizza chain in northern Utah that has double kitchens. And their pizza is freakin awesome! B) I gotta get there soon, they have a summer specialty pizza called a bacon-berry pie that I've got to try. Strawberry-balsamic sauce, chicken, bacon, mozz, red onions and feta then topped with fresh strawberries and cilantro after they bake it. I think I need to keep napkins at my desk, I almost drooled on myself thinking about it. ^_^

Our weather this week is awesome. In the 70s yesterday and today and rain all week. :D I'm skipping any real cooking tonight and making one of those cook it in the bag you buy it in pork tenderloins. I super love the easy clean up. I think I have enough purple beans ready to pick them and have those with it. Maybe a salad or something if I go to the store, I do need to return a book to the library today which is right across the street.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#8832 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,685 posts

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

I have to know how to make this.  I bought a new crockpot after my fudge burning fiasco...

http://www.celiac.co...516#entry908509

2nd recipe.  I think the right amount of fresh spinach is 2 layers- just enough to overlap but not more than 2 leaves thick.  the top layer no spinach.

LTES

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#8833 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Probably the same.  Anything with lasagna noodles only needs about 4 hours.  Maybe mine says 7 - not sure. I have  a good lasagna one, too.  I use half burger and half Ital turkey sausage.  My food always cooks faster than the 365 Cookbook says.

This is the one I use, except cook for 4 hours:

http://crockpot365.b...gna-recipe.html

This is the lasagna I used with Tinyada noodles.  I cooked the Ital sausage in a pan and added the marinara.  Cooked the hamburger in the microwave and drained.  Then added it to the sausage & marinar.   Didn't worry about 20 minutes simmering.  Used 3 layers of noodles.  Left-overs are fab!

http://crockingirls....rockin-lasagna/

Thank Karen....I'm on it  B)

:D HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY :D

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderat

#8834 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted Today, 01:30 PM

KFG getting a workout this week....last night was improvised but men loved.

Layered:

Sliced apples
Cinnamon
Sugar
Two bone in pork chops
Garlic salt and pepper
Thick sliced onion
Two more pork chops
Garlic salt and pepper
More onion
About 1/2 cup of broth

High for three hours.
Pulled the pork chops
Added a couple Tbsp cornstarch with small amount of water added to apples/onion mixture.
High for another half hour or until thickened

Served chops smothered in Apple mixture.

Happy campers.

Today I threw a big assed can of bushs baked beans with a bit of maple syrup and chopped red onion...one of the boys will BBQ chicken and toss a salad.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: