9493 replies to this topic

#9481 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Sounds like I'm not the only one who likes to splurge on Ore Ida stuff. ;)

I took the kids out to Fazoli's for spaghetti and breadsticks to get their gluten quotient in for the day and I pretty much had to live on peaches, peanut butter, and apple slices until my shopping trip was finished. As my daughter put it, "Mama, the only thing that you can eat here is their apple juice."  :lol:

So when I got home, I splurged and cooked up some Ore Ida tater tots in the waffle iron. I also heated up some Beyond Meat chicken free strips, lightly cooked broccoli, and leftover basmati rice. Mmm! So tasty and filling.

I got a couple of chocolate splurges today. I got some Santa Cruz organic chocolate syrup (https://www.google.c...5-oz%2F;150;300) and also bought a 4 pound bag of chocolate chips from GFS. There was no gluten ingredients and the only facility warning on there was for peanuts and treenuts or something like that.

I'm going to make some banana ice cream and serve it with the chocolate syrup. Yum!

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#9482 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

I'm feeling slightly better. I'm managing to get out of bed a little at least, but I think I'm sticking to soup still for the day. Unfortunately this means making myself semi-presentable and dragging myself to the store or waiting til my husband comes home tonight to go for me but I'd rather just get my own. I've just been buying soup because I guess I'm lazy, and my husband doesn't like any of the type of soup I like so that's why I wasn't sharing. :P (Remember, he may be a grown man but acts like a toddler who thinks they're allergic to everything called a vegetable. :lol:)

Awesome news today though. His department manager transferred out of his department to try other things, the more departments you have experience in, the more likely you are to get higher in the management ranks at Walmart. He interviewed for the department she ended up getting, but we're perfectly happy for him to have been turned down for that. He got the department he's been working in since he started!  ^_^ We're both thrilled and excited. The only daunting thing is that both previous managers for his department worked from 6 to whenever. Oh God.... he'll have to leave for work at 5:30 in the morning. That's the less than exciting part, we're going to have to turn our schedules upside down and neither of us have ever been morning people. :unsure:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#9483 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's just me and the kids right now. Hubby is usually home on Fridays (works a 4 day work week) but he's off helping friends move.

The kids and I are having sauteed chicken free strips with veggies (cabbage, carrots, and broccoli) and rainbow quinoa. I tried out a new type of soy sauce and I really like it! It is San-J Tamari Lite. https://www.google.c...id%3D28;250;200

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

#9484 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

I'm making rotisserie chicken tonight.  I'll either make some Ore Ida hash browns or some baby yukon gold roasted potatoes.  I have always liked Ore Ida potatoes.  They are always in our freezer in some form or another. :D

#9485 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

I have a wicked craving for chile con carne so am making a big old pot of it.  Right now.  It will pair perfectly with bay-infused Jasmine rice and homemade garlic cheese biscuits.  This is our high-carb cheat night.  :P  Will probably make some sort of cucumber salad.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#9486 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Finally finished my corn tortillas tonight. I've been making those with some chicken, cheese and tomatoes.  I'm having an Old Orchard Apple Ale.."naturally gluten-free" :D.

#9487 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Tonight I am making chicken stir fry.  May make it curry style.  Yum

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#9488 SMRI

SMRI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

We used to live in a townhouse and the woman next to us was from India.  For whatever reason she liked to cook in the middle of the night and waking up at 3 am to overpowering Curry just is not a good thing...I can't even walk into an Indian restaurant any more.

#9489 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

last night we had chicken stew (sort of chicken n dumplins)  boneless chicken thighs, (bacon LOLZ), onion, celery, carrot, fresh herbs (i put them into a tea ball, that way the flavor goes in and i don't have all wilty herbs in the finished product) and gnocchi instead of the dumplins.  

i has a cold :(  so, that was pretty close to chicken soup.........

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#9490 CajunChic

CajunChic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Beef veggie soup with a buttered Udi's dinner roll, with Christmas music in the background while my girls and I decorate for the fall. Yep, a good day indeed.

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
3 John 1:2

#9491 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

I made these! Very nice. A bit like the top of a muffin - slightly crunchy out side and muffiny inside. Next time I think I will replace the chips with chopped walnuts or pecans. I put a speck of vanilla in the glaze. I didn't put them in the fridge before baking.

http://glutenfreeona...le-pie-cookies/

😛

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#9492 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

Simple green salad with fresh Balkans feta cheese and local capers.  I am making a sort of Mediterranean vinaigrette.  This afternoon I made Parmesan and garlic biscuits which will go nicely with the salad.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#9493 CajunChic

CajunChic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Udi's dinner roll was yucky to say the least. Anyone have a favorite roll recipe? I see plenty recipes on Pinterest, but am not too saavy on gluten-free baking (mixing flours). I'm also tired of wasting money on prepackaged mixes or frozen items that aren't good. Any idea on where to start? I'm dying for a hot, soft roll... Drool...

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul."
3 John 1:2

#9494 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

The recipe for dinner rolls in the ATK book is easy and they are absolutely mouthwatering. I can not recommend enough getting that book, it isn't the only recipe in it that you'll be glad you have.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: