• Please log in to reply

9768 replies to this topic

MycasMommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted Today, 08:01 AM

ok I tried those Cinnamon rolls this morning!  FANTASTIC! Thank you LauraTX!

I also soaked those beans and have it all in the crock pot for some "from scratch" baked beans.  OOOoooo I can't wait! :D

The man has requested Chili Bacon Burgers and avocado boats to go with. The teen will no doubt complain. I have to find something to gluten her with too. Her Dr.s appointment for a celiac panel is next Tuesday. Poor thing has been sneezing up a storm and itching and sleeping.. and yet she still refuses to think it may be a gluten or wheat allergy  problem. LOL  OK it is not funny but I have been super glutening the girl and she is currently a train wreck. MORE BREAD BABYCAKES! :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,591 posts

Posted Today, 09:16 AM

T. Poor thing has been sneezing up a storm and itching and sleeping.. and yet she still refuses to think it may be a gluten or wheat allergy  problem. LOL  OK it is not funny but I have been super glutening the girl and she is currently a train wreck. MORE BREAD BABYCAKES! :ph34r:

Sound like an allergy?  But I would still get her tested for Celiac while she is there.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

MycasMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

Sound like an allergy?  But I would still get her tested for Celiac while she is there.

Yeah, I am having both done.  She also has severe exercise induced asthma, eczema, keratosis pilaris, and the sleep stuff is more of a CFS thing, tummy aches and terrible gas issues.  All of these things I had at her age too... which got progressively worse...and worse...  So we are checking EVERYTHING. Phew. I feel bad she is so miserable though.

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

So in my fridge I had kale, mushrooms, and leftover cream cheese from those divine cinnamon rolls.  Decdided to make it all into a creamy soup with quinoa, and it turned out really good!  I was thinking it was either going to be all really good or really bad, lol.  Here is what I made

5oz baby kale
16oz baby Bella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
Onion powder
1tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 c quinoa
3/4 cup milk
4oz cream cheese

Just sauteed the mushrooms, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, pepper and then added the kale, clamped on the lid until it reduced.  Added the chicken broth, milk, and quinoa and gently boiled for about 15-20 min until the quinoa was done.  Then stirred in the cream cheese.  Yummy!

It is sleeting and snowing again here today.  So soup was fitting.  I am starting to feel like I don't live in Texas anymore... lol.  I was going to make some chicken tacos with leftover meat I froze up, but it will probably take my husband an extra long time to get home from work.  So just gonna heat things up.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: