• Please log in to reply

9800 replies to this topic

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

I have been under the weather and not cooking much lately.  My husband was going to make gluten-free pancakes last night but ended up basically making crepes due to improper measuring... but they were actually good.  LOL 

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Zebra007

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm having something that sounds really boring but its not!

Rice with Avocado, home made pickled red onion, and a lovely slice of ham.. 

I just wanted something real quick as my daughter is out for a pizza this evening.

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

MycasMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 PM

I have been under the weather and not cooking much lately.  My husband was going to make gluten-free pancakes last night but ended up basically making crepes due to improper measuring... but they were actually good.  LOL 

Oh noes!  I hope youre feeling much better by now!  Crepes? mmm filled with strawberries and cream cheese!  oh yeah....  *smacks hands together in glee*

Tonight I had a friend over who wanted to see how I planned everything out. She has all the symptoms of pre-diabetes and wants to change her diet.  It was an hours long learning session. It always amazes me how brain washed that people are regarding processed food! They just DO NOT KNOW.  Anyway... I gave her copies of all my menu planning templates and lots of pep talks about different does not have to mean worse ..just different. I hope I gave her a real head start. We have to do different things with our diet, obviously, but planning is the key to success!  Here is one of my plans for next week.  I also shop every day (almost) for fresh veg and all because I make it all from scratch///// and I plan out all the shopping on a similar format. :D Yes.. I like lists. Lists keep me safe! :D

11123581_10152921342549440_4554716128719

Tonight we had an Artichoke, Romano, Beef,  and white wine tomato sauce over some roasted Spaghetti Squash and a side of yellow and red cherry tomatoes with fresh basil, Extra virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic. Yumm yumm my tummy is stuffed :D This meal was more to show her that different does not mean worse, different can be delicious! The message got through! :D

*** This is MY gluten free menu, not a diabetic appropriate one.

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

That is awesome!  My meal planning is a little less pretty.... just a notebook with a list of dinners and a few lunches off to the side.  Fewer people to cook for.  But the basic concept is the same...make a list of meals and the stuff you need to buy for them, voila!    I have had a few people ask me about meal planning and stuff and they have no clue about that, either.  It was something I was doing before I ever heard of it, really, but I am freakishly organized and methodical about everything so it comes naturally.  An old friend of mine seemed to look at me for a lot of advice that she would subsequently not heed, like asking me to go with her grocery shopping and help her out because her idea of cooking was heating up a frozen, bagged meal like general tso's chicken.  Would say she wants to get into cooking to lose weight, but would fall back into old ways.

Some of my favorite dinners are random grilled meat+random carb+random veggie, which I have like three times a week.  Like Chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans.  That is probably my favorite meal.  I think a lot of people can be helped with just meal planning info when they have to go gluten-free, because most people nowadays just don't cook regularly and don't know where to start.

I've been relying on frozen stuff I have made, I will always freeze portions of things for later.  Today used chili to make chili mac.  One of my husbands favorites.  And my good recipe of chili is way better than anything canned.  Although, at the demand of my husband and a desire for nutrition... I put beans in my chili this time around.  And since real chili has no beans, I guess it was chili-like stew and mac.  LOL, I am a true Texas girl with that view.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Zebra007

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted Today, 06:14 AM

Oh noes!  I hope youre feeling much better by now!  Crepes? mmm filled with strawberries and cream cheese!  oh yeah....  *smacks hands together in glee*

Tonight I had a friend over who wanted to see how I planned everything out. She has all the symptoms of pre-diabetes and wants to change her diet.  It was an hours long learning session. It always amazes me how brain washed that people are regarding processed food! They just DO NOT KNOW.  Anyway... I gave her copies of all my menu planning templates and lots of pep talks about different does not have to mean worse ..just different. I hope I gave her a real head start. We have to do different things with our diet, obviously, but planning is the key to success!  Here is one of my plans for next week.  I also shop every day (almost) for fresh veg and all because I make it all from scratch///// and I plan out all the shopping on a similar format. :D Yes.. I like lists. Lists keep me safe! :D

11123581_10152921342549440_4554716128719

Tonight we had an Artichoke, Romano, Beef,  and white wine tomato sauce over some roasted Spaghetti Squash and a side of yellow and red cherry tomatoes with fresh basil, Extra virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic. Yumm yumm my tummy is stuffed :D This meal was more to show her that different does not mean worse, different can be delicious! The message got through! :D

*** This is MY gluten free menu, not a diabetic appropriate one.

Wow good for you for being so organised!  I recently realized my freezer was full of stuff that I couldn't eat anymore, like frozen pizza base, that kind of thing and I have either thrown it all out or given some foods away, and now I have started to fill my freezer up with some good stuff, so I guess that's me trying to be organised.  Also I have ordered quite a lot of different foods online, so again I guess I am being organised  :D

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

MycasMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

Oh  This is not so pretty. haha But thanks!  I just move the dinner leftovers into the lunch category for the next day and do the same as you Laura. If there is extra I save it in the freezer.  Either I am going to need to take it to a long day of work for a meal OR they will collect and eventually there will be a TV dinner (home made edition) happen and that will be great too!!!

Oj, you should see the cleaning schedule I have going. bahahahha They tease me good naturedly about my level of planning but they (at least the boyfriend) also publicly will brag how streamlined and good he has it at home.

I even have time set aside on Sundays for "scheduling & planning"

Oh Zebra!!  I saw you made pickled onions!!!  did they turn out the best thing ever or??? There are a bunch of fun variations to try too~!  I clean out our freezer, fridge, and pantry on the 27th of every month. I remove EVERYTHING from all 3, clean the units/cabinets, then well.. put whatever is left that did not find its way to the trash back in, nice and neatly.  Then I go do the same to all the cabinets that hold dishes/pots&pans/bakeware etc.  I have a slight... cleaning sickness, no? :D Hmm The only food I have ordered online so far is the Tinkyada Giant shells.  I guess I could add a bit more pre made stuff back into my diet now that I am not as sick as I used to be... I will let the thought simmer!

Here are the links to the templates I use if anyone Likes.

There is a weekly and fortnight version (a fortnight is 2 weeks). You have to download it and then to get it to print out on a full page correctly, you have to turn it in acrobat too. Under "view" i think?  something on the top bar.

http://picklebums.co...ore-menu-plans/

and here is a monthly one.  You and to do the same thing with it about turning to print the full sized page.

http://picklebums.com/?s=monthly+menu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: