Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:
Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

• Please log in to reply

9839 replies to this topic

kareng

April Showers bring May flowers and more showers....

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

teriyaki chicken and white rice. . I added extra pineapple juice and use 5 spice on the chicken when I cook. My family went crazy over this meal. I had to make it twice this week since there wasn't enough the first time. lol 

http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/saucesandmarinades/r/TeriakiSauce.htm

Tonight is just lime/herb butter tilapia with broccoli and cheese rice and sangria!

I mix the Five Spice into ground pork. pork is cheaper than most meat right now & ground pork is pretty low fat. I LOVE to put fresh or canned pineapple in my stir fry and any juice ( sometimes I use a little can of pineapple juice, too).

Tonight is burgers, red potato foil packets and corn on the cob on the grill. With Lemonies for dessert. I like my burger on a bed of lettuce with melted cheese and either some dill hamburger pickles or cherry tomatoes. I have lovely buns, but I just like my burgers without them. ( hamburger BUNS... Tho I think MY buns are lovely, too lol)

"Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires."
~Marcelene Cox

"Earth laughs in flowers."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

flower-3-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

Celiac.com Sponsor:

icelandgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

We grilled burgers last night too and some zucchini. Yum!

Tonight we are having my kids' favorite...coconut flour crusted chicken tenders. I'm serving a tossed salad and roasted veggies with. I had some baking help today since school is out and we baked up chocolate chip cookies to have for dessert.
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

Made chicken quesadillas today.  Instead of buying the expensive, gummy gluten-free frozen tortillas, I just use corn tortillas.  If they are small I just make a third quesadilla and split it between us two.  Yummy.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

Last night I made an enchilada type casserole with the chicken I had my hub grill with the burgers Sunday night.  I like to just layer the enchiladas instead of rolling them.  Its just easier.

"Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires."
~Marcelene Cox

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

I made a turkey breast in the crockpot!  I couldn't lift it out of the pot - it just fell off the bones.  We will have some sandwiches, fruit, maybe some potato chips tonight.  Left- overs for sandwiches and maybe a gluten-free Bisquick pot pie!  YUmmmmm

~Marcelene Cox

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

I made a turkey breast in the crockpot!  I couldn't lift it out of the pot - it just fell off the bones.  We will have some sandwiches, fruit, maybe some potato chips tonight.  Left- overs for sandwiches and maybe a gluten-free Bisquick pot pie!  YUmmmmm

Yum! Love turkey breast in the crock pot.

We're headed to a minor league baseball game so I'm doing a quick dinner...pizza buns and roasted summer squash on the side.
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

nonnarae

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Tonight's dinner is 

zucchini noodles with cooked chicken chunks in lime juice and cilantro with tomato and onion! 

gilligan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

This is similar to an entree at a wonderful gluten free restaurant in St. Louis.  They call it breakfast rice - long grain brown rice, ham chunks, sausage, bacon, onions, red/green peppers.  Season with coconut aminos and serve with a fried egg on top.  

BlessedMommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

Hubby and the kids ordered pizza tonight, so I made my own quick pizzas with some organic pizza sauce, Udi's bread, black olives, and Daiya cheese. They were pretty good!

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

Catch up - 

Been eating some turkey sandwiches.  Put the rest in the freezer to make pot pie in a couple of weeks.

Friday night we went to a big outdoor Jazz concert.  Not supposed to bring food so we snuck in some grapes, crackers, cheese & salami.

Saturday night - ordered pizza

Sunday night - Father's Day - grilled pork chops, crockpot scalloped potatoes, cheesy corn, fruit with pina colada "sauce", PB cookies and some really fudgy chocolate cookies!  They were soooooo good!

Tonight - maybe just some left-overs.  I have 2 cooked pork chops - might make a stir fry and throw them in at the last minute.

~Marcelene Cox

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

icelandgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

Last night we grilled burgers and had them on my new favorite gluten free buns from Outside the Breadbox. These are the first buns that my hubby has liked.

Tonight I'm making a chicken taco salad.
January 2014-Celiac
August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

last night i made stuffed Giant Zucchini - honestly, idk why, but our garden produces ABUNDANTLY !  we plant less and less plants and we end up getting killed with veggies.  

i stuffed it with fresh sausage that i jazzed up with some garlic, onions, oregano & mint.  mixed with romano cheese & mozzarella and topped with more (i pre-cooked the giant zucchini baked for about 20 min) mozzarella, then baked for about 30 minutes.  husband woofed it down - it was his bday, so he also got spaghetti & meatballs <his favorite :) 

i wonder how well it freezes if it was already cooked........   i guess i'll find out!  got a bunch more coming in.  and yellow squash.  and cucumbers.  and green peppers.  and jalapeno peppers <those cursed things, i bet we get 100 per plant every year.   ^_^ only got 3 tomato plants and they are monstrous  :lol:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,002 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

Sunday night - steaks, roasted spare grass, and crash hot potatoes with pina coladas for dessert.

Monday night - Last week I threw chicken breasts in the KFG (crockpot) with some Gates BBQ sauce.  Shredded it and we had sandwiches,  Made nachos with black beans and the chicken and some more BBQ sauce.  YUM!

~Marcelene Cox

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

spare grass, lololz   :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Well I have been sickly lately but I am having some good days this week so I am doing some batch cooking.  Today I am making pulled pork in the crock pot,and tomorrow will be black beans and rice in the crock pot. Both will make lots of leftovers to freeze.  Also going to make banana bread today which I freeze up in individual portions.  

Yesterday I made chicken alfredo with peas in it, and my non-pea loving husband gave me looks like I was crazy, lol.  I think it is a good combo :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: