9633 replies to this topic

#991 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

I am trying to use up all the old food. I had some little pearl potatoes that were fine the last time I checked but they had gone moldy! And most of the bag of russets I had were also bad. But I did find two that could be salvaged. I peeled them, cut in bite sized chunks, then boiled them in some chicken broth. As the broth was about to dry up, I added some Nucoa and cooked them until they began to stick. Oops! Didn't want them to stick. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Gave those to daughter along with some cooked chicken breast.

I had some chili beans and tortillas.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#992 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Chicken marinated in mango salsa with rice...mmmmm! Already smells good coming from the crock pot Posted Image

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

#993 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

I have no clue what to make tonight! Really don't want to cook at all. :ph34r:
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#994 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hubby is making steak on our George Foreman grill and I think I'll make mashed potatoes to go with it, I haven't had them in so long.

#995 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Brat pattie (Johnsonville) and sweet potato fries. I don't feel like cooking either.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#996 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Orange sherbet. :ph34r:

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#997 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Orange sherbet. :ph34r:

We are certainly an ambitious bunch tonight!!! :D :D :D
Sylvia

#998 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Some of my guitar students are playing at an open mic tonight, right after I close the shop. That means I'll be eating the other half of that can of Dinty Moore. :( No time to go home and cook. Oh well, the music will be good.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#999 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

We are certainly an ambitious bunch tonight!!! :D :D :D

I am house/dogsitting in the country this weekend so made a big pot of chili and rice and cornbread to take out there so we don't have to use others' utensils, etc. Pretty boring on my side of things as well tonight... :blink: Oh. And some minted peas.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1000 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

wild rice/brown rice/lentil pilaf
fennel
goat cheese mozzarella

more fennel

chocolate chips

and... a gin and tonic, with flat tonic water, unfortunately.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#1001 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Well I didn't want to cook and I needed to get out of the house. So hubby and I had a date night. We packed a little picnic lunch of sandwiches on Rudi's and some salad and went to the beach. Picked up some chips and salsa on the way there because hubby was really hungry.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1002 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Vegetable pasta!

dice up pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato and bake
chop up onion, capsicum, mushrooms, snow peas and green beans then stir-fry
in a pot pour in 2 tins of coconut cream, some garlic and chives then let simmer
when the stir-fried veges are cooked, and other veges are roasted, add them to the cream and leave to simmer
boil up some fettucini (san remo is what we use)

YUMMY!!!
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#1003 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Brat pattie (Johnsonville) and sweet potato fries. I don't feel like cooking either.

What brand sweet potato fries do you buy? I got some today at Wal Mart. Didn't say gluten-free, but read the ingredients and didn't see any. Here's hoping for the best.

I like Johsonville. Their brats don't have enough msg to bother me unless I eat them several days in a row.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1004 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

I'm going country tonight. Cornbread, blackeyed peas with onions, and collard greens with vinegar. Oh yum.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1005 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

What brand sweet potato fries do you buy? I got some today at Wal Mart. Didn't say gluten-free, but read the ingredients and didn't see any. Here's hoping for the best.

I like Johsonville. Their brats don't have enough msg to bother me unless I eat them several days in a row.

I bought OreIda fries...the package is marked gluten-free but it's really hidden way down on the side (like almost at the bottom). Nothing like announcing it clearly, huh? I've bought them at Wal-Mart before but yesterday I got them at Food Lion.

The brat patties were just okay...at least fast and easy to fix. I prefer their Italian sausages though.
Sylvia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: