9528 replies to this topic

#1021 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

No cooking here. I am worn out and it was warm here. Not hot but uncomfortable. For daughter there was leftover Mexican rice with veggies and chicken and some good Mexican cheese sprinkled over. Also corn tortillas and black olives. I just had bean tacos with cheese and olives. Should have had veggies, I know. But I didn't.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1022 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Glad the hotdog worked out and I hope the heart's on the mend. :)

Thank you, I appreciate it!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#1023 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Leftovers from last night - goat stew and rice but this time with a salad of arugula, mustard greens, endive, baby beet leaves; grilled pears; toasted pecans and fresh sheep's cheese with a grapefruit tarragon vinaigrette.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1024 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Today is my birthday, and our original plans had to be scrapped due to car problems, so ordered pizza from Chicago Connection for lunch, and had leftovers for dinner :). I got a gluten-free Hawiian(sp?) pizza... yum. And they also gave me a free gluten- free (pre- packaged) brownie--- i didn't even know they had them there! And a coupon for another free one the next time I order a gluten-free pizza :) the brownie was good!
Used Gluten- Free Pantry decadent chocolate cake mix to make my birthday cake. And coconut/ pecan frosting--- works for a german choc cake for me! :)
I wanted a 2- layer cake (love the frosting between the layers), but it's just me & DH here, didn't want a whole ton of left- over cake. So just baked one layer in a round cake pan, let it cool, cut it in half, frosted the bottom half, then put the top on & frosted it :). It may not have been super perfect, but I liked how it turned out!
And from what I've tasted of the cake (waiting till desert time for my big piece of the day. and of course, i will have ice cream, too!) it was yummy... would never have been able to tell it is gluten-free!!
On the back of the box is also a recipe for cupcakes (using the mix, of course) I think it would be a good idea to make up a batch of those & have in the freezer to grab to take to picnics, ect.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1025 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

Nachos. Too %#@$%^( hot too cook or eat anything. Of course, I was baking half the day, so my kitchen was hot anyway, but still... :ph34r:

oh yes, and beer.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#1026 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

We're having company this weekend so tonight is pretty basic because our company doesn't "get" gourmet food! :lol:

Pulled Pork
Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Shallots
Jicama Slaw
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Peppered Pecans, Pears, Shaved Parmesan and Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette
Strawberry Fool
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1027 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

Something with chicken and potatoes....I haven't decided yet! I'm trying to clean out my cupboards and cabinets for a move so we will also have some canned pineapple or canned manderine oranges. I also need to cook some dried pinto beans but we just had red beans and rice last night so I'm trying to space out my beans... :P
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1028 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Something with chicken and potatoes....I haven't decided yet! I'm trying to clean out my cupboards and cabinets for a move so we will also have some canned pineapple or canned manderine oranges. I also need to cook some dried pinto beans but we just had red beans and rice last night so I'm trying to space out my beans... :P

Mmmmm...pineapple and mandarin oranges spell out ambrosia (if you like coconut, etc.). When do you move again?

#1029 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Mmmmm...pineapple and mandarin oranges spell out ambrosia (if you like coconut, etc.). When do you move again?

End of this month. I thought of Ambrosia but I'm not sure how to make it dairy and soy free. We often do just mix up canned fruit with fresh or frozen though and make fruit salad. I also have frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries to eat down. hmmm...maybe I'll just skip the chicken tonight and make mixed berry pancakes...Then again I need at least one more day of leftovers to send with hubby to work tommorrow. Some type of Hawaiian chicken with the pineapple is a possibility too. Sometimes I have so many ideas rolling around in my head and everything sounds good to me I can't decide! :D
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1030 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

End of this month. I thought of Ambrosia but I'm not sure how to make it dairy and soy free. We often do just mix up canned fruit with fresh or frozen though and make fruit salad. I also have frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries to eat down. hmmm...maybe I'll just skip the chicken tonight and make mixed berry pancakes...Then again I need at least one more day of leftovers to send with hubby to work tommorrow. Some type of Hawaiian chicken with the pineapple is a possibility too. Sometimes I have so many ideas rolling around in my head and everything sounds good to me I can't decide! :D

Please refresh my memory - are you are moving from a townhouse to a house? Will you have room for a grill outside?

Oh, yes. I had forgotten about dairy/soy free in ambrosia. I know what you mean about so many ideas rolling around in your mind! Hawaiian chicken sounds delicious, too. When I cook I also plan ahead for leftovers to send with my husband to work. Sometimes his lunches are better than mine! :D

#1031 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

Please refresh my memory - are you are moving from a townhouse to a house? Will you have room for a grill outside?

Oh, yes. I had forgotten about dairy/soy free in ambrosia. I know what you mean about so many ideas rolling around in your mind! Hawaiian chicken sounds delicious, too. When I cook I also plan ahead for leftovers to send with my husband to work. Sometimes his lunches are better than mine! :D

We are in a tiny apartment in the city moving to a townhouse (still in the city but a step up and a better location). We will be allowed to have a grill there and we even bought one already (shh! don't tell my landlord--we didn't buy a propane tank and are keeping it in the box until the move ) since they were on sale for the fourth of July here. I'm very excited about grilling things all throughout August and September (and probably even in October and November since we don't have a heavy winter here in the South) once we move. Anyway, I'm trying to clear out my pantry and my chest freezer especially to make the move easier. My pantry is a stand alone cabinet that I have also been using for a microwave stand since I have a tiny galley kitchen in this little apartment. I want to get rid of the cabinet before the move since my new place has a pantry closet and nowhere to put the cabinet. So I'm trying to eat it down as much as possible. Sometime around next week I will list it on craigslist as free to whoever can come get it. It's in good condition but it is particle board and has some scratches. I just want to get as as much out of it as possible. I have a bunch of canned goods that I keep for the hurricane season emergency stash. I find I hardly ever eat canned stuff however. I prefer fresh or frozen if it has to be preserved. So we'll be eating a lot of canned fruit, canned green beans, canned corn, tuna, toamtoes, chickpeas, and beans just to eat them up. I have a bunch of corn tortillas in my freezer too so we will probably have several interesting nacho/taco meals with the beans. I like to make corn chips in the oven from the corn tortillas and bean dips/hummus to dip it in. A lot of our meals will be snacks it looks like.

#1032 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Well I decided to do Strawberry Buckwheat pancakes with blueberry maple syrup, turkey bacon and eggs. Looked in the fridge and saw that we had a half package of un-cooked turkey bacon from the weekend and I don't want it to go bad. We also have about 4 dozen eggs so I might as well use those up. The perfect excuse to make Strawberry pancakes. :) <---We really need a drooling or yummy emoticon.

#1033 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Having blackeyed peas, collard greens with vinegar, and dill flatbread with herbed olive oil dip.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1034 sb2178

sb2178

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

collards in garlic broth
corn tortillas

chocolate mousse with sweet peanut swirl

after-dinner drink pending...?

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable
3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG
4/2010 Negative biopsy
5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)
5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

#1035 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: