9631 replies to this topic

#1051 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

Asked my husband what kind of game hunter he was. Does that mean you're hungry, he replied. Affirmative, I answered.

What I'm cooking depends upon what he brings back :)

I love wild game! Venison is great when we can get it. We live in a city and don't hunt but my dad often hunts and gives us some of the deer meat.

I didn't feel like do a lot of cooking today so we're having turkey burgers with raw veggies and hummus tonight. Nice and simple.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1052 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

I love wild game! Venison is great when we can get it. We live in a city and don't hunt but my dad often hunts and gives us some of the deer meat.

I didn't feel like do a lot of cooking today so we're having turkey burgers with raw veggies and hummus tonight. Nice and simple.

I was speaking figuratively. My bad. Sorry.

It will still be an experience to see what HE brings back from the grocery. I made him a detailed list. All of that????? he asked. :)
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1053 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

I was speaking figuratively. My bad. Sorry.

It will still be an experience to see what HE brings back from the grocery. I made him a detailed list. All of that????? he asked. :)

Oh, I really thought he was going hunting! :lol:
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1054 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

I had lunch at work today with a coworker who brought curried goat. I have her recipe now. You could really bum him out if you put goat on the grocery list. (We can get frozen goat from West Indies grocery stores or Indian gorcers here.)

We had little grilled burgers and fennel sausage tonight with sweet cheeries and sliced peaches and green salad with Italian olives. Dark chocolate for dessert. Very yummy. And I wasn't hungry, so it was a bonus. Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1055 navigator

navigator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

I've found that since being gluten free that I'm hardly ever hungry and eat smaller portions than before. I imagine it's that my body is now absorbing more nutrients and so isn't looking for more food. I've struggled with my weight since childhood and now as well as not feeling hungry the weight just keeps coming off!! I'm also finding that I'm enjoying my food more than before.

Dinner tonight is venison haunch steaks from local deer farm.

#1056 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

I had lunch at work today with a coworker who brought curried goat. I have her recipe now. You could really bum him out if you put goat on the grocery list. (We can get frozen goat from West Indies grocery stores or Indian gorcers here.)

We had little grilled burgers and fennel sausage tonight with sweet cheeries and sliced peaches and green salad with Italian olives. Dark chocolate for dessert. Very yummy. And I wasn't hungry, so it was a bonus. Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:

My husband get goat whenever we find it! Yum.

The only times I do not care about food is when I am sick. It takes a lot for me not to think about food! :P
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1057 Sarah Alli

Sarah Alli

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:

Yes, and other times I feel absolutely ravenous. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast each morning but some days I'm eying the sack lunch by 11am. Other days, like today, I skip lunch entirely because I just don't feel hungry. I usually try to have a bit of something, a handful of nuts or a piece of fruit, though.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

#1058 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

We'll have a roast vege lasagne tonight :)
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#1059 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Sorry about all of my typos. I've discovered that my most ravenous time is mid day, so I upgraded my lunchbox. It's now a 12 pack cooler from WalMart sporting goods section. (I'd been carrying a 6-pack).

This evening I pre-loaded it with safe dried cranberries and nuts, a little bottle of olive oil. I cut my lime in half for tomorrow, chopped up some artichoke hearts and carrots, and I already have chopped/washed/spun lettuce. That will be great with leftover roast chicken and a big fruit salad of melon, peaches, bluebeerries. I squirted the other half of the lime on the peaches.

It helps me so much to have my lunch prepared in advance, to just throw containers and baggies into a lunch bag along with some blue ice. I might have a banana or a sweet potato for breakfast tomorrow, but lunch will be good. And that will give me the fuel to get through another day.

I'm finally gaining weight! People are noticing and commenting on how much better I look. Yay! 7 lb. gain!

I used to be a morning person, but I'm definitely not anymore.

As to the OP, we had grilled chicken legs, sweet potatoes and salad, with a little dark chocolate for desert.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1060 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

For dinner:
Corn spaghetti with marinara sauce, corn on the cob and hamburger patties leftover from the other night.

For dessert:
Homemade hot chocolate, homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and cashew clusters from Costco.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#1061 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Summer is my favorite time to eat. I hit the farmer's market today, so it's all vegetables tonight: tiny green butterbeans, corn pudding, boiled new potatoes with rosemary, fresh snaps (aka green beans) with cornbread. And that's what I like about the South. Oh, and peach cobbler.

#1062 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

Summer is my favorite time to eat. I hit the farmer's market today, so it's all vegetables tonight: tiny green butterbeans, corn pudding, boiled new potatoes with rosemary, fresh snaps (aka green beans) with cornbread. And that's what I like about the South. Oh, and peach cobbler.

Oh yeah :)

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1063 Sarah Alli

Sarah Alli

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

For dinner:
Corn spaghetti with marinara sauce, corn on the cob and hamburger patties leftover from the other night.

For dessert:
Homemade hot chocolate, homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and cashew clusters from Costco.

Ohmigosh, have you had Costco's macadamia nut, caramel, and chocolate clusters? I don't even know if they're gluten free but you should check because they are GOOD. Haven't had them in a long time though cause my we moved to an area without a costco close by and then my membership expired... :'(
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

#1064 samie

samie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

We had rice pasta with meat and spagetti sauce.

#1065 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

Crock potted chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, yellow peppers, and beets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: