9530 replies to this topic

#1126 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

I made sublime chipotle and cascabel orange carnitas with corn tortillas. I have a thing for pork! Alas...tummy troubles prevented me from enjoying them tonight but at least my husband did...perhaps tomorrow.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1127 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

Ditto on the above. My tummy is vastly improved so we are having carnitas et. al.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1128 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Grilled indian spiced minced lamb kabobs with saffron rice and lettuce tonight. There is no egg or binder in the recipe I used, so they didn't end up being kabobs (slid right off the stick and ended up being burgers or logs).

Last night: Vietnamese shrimp with rice noodles, shredded carrots and lettuce with two dressings (both Vietnamese).

We're traveling the world without all the airfare and hassle, it's all good.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1129 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

From scratch as always - Mexican Street Tacos with Chimichurri and Potato Salad.

#1130 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

Grilled indian spiced minced lamb kabobs with saffron rice and lettuce tonight. There is no egg or binder in the recipe I used, so they didn't end up being kabobs (slid right off the stick and ended up being burgers or logs).

Last night: Vietnamese shrimp with rice noodles, shredded carrots and lettuce with two dressings (both Vietnamese).

We're traveling the world without all the airfare and hassle, it's all good.

where do you find saffron at? I've never been able to find it (but then again, I've only ever looked in the spice section of regular grocery stores). Someone gave me some once, so I know what it looks like, and I know I liked it when I used it. :)
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1131 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

We are going to Mexico tonight (well, kinda)...

Chile Rellenos (stuffed with a superb local cheese)
Orange and Cumin Glazed Baby Carrots
Green Chile and Onion Rajas
Watermelon Basil Granita

Tomorrow we are going to Korea! :D

#1132 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

We are going to Mexico tonight (well, kinda)...

Chile Rellenos (stuffed with a superb local cheese)
Orange and Cumin Glazed Baby Carrots
Green Chile and Onion Rajas
Watermelon Basil Granita

Tomorrow we are going to Korea! :D

Haha.

We're having buckwheat chocolate chip pancakes with blueberries, maple syrup (not really...bought some cheap other kind, but in a perfect world...),and turkey bacon.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1133 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

Haha.

We're having buckwheat chocolate chip pancakes with blueberries, maple syrup (not really...bought some cheap other kind, but in a perfect world...),and turkey bacon.

Yum! Those pancakes sound good.

#1134 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Yum! Those pancakes sound good.

Yeah, they were pretty good (I sampled one already, hehe).
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1135 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

where do you find saffron at? I've never been able to find it (but then again, I've only ever looked in the spice section of regular grocery stores). Someone gave me some once, so I know what it looks like, and I know I liked it when I used it. :)

Badia spices are available where I live. They usually have a separate section in the supermarket, sometimes in the Latin section, sometimes in the spice section. I paid about $5.00 for a little plastic snap shut container that has lasted over a year. I think Badia usually has their display arranged alphabetically.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1136 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

Chicken Liver Pate with Cloudberry Gelee
Homemade gluten-free bun with butter and Hawaiian sea salt
Venison Osso Bucco with Applewood Smoked Cheddar and Pancetta Polenta
Roasted Asparagus

Absolutely amazing. :)

Just scrolling through some old threads. Yum, that sounds good! I'm up for adoption! :D

#1137 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Just scrolling through some old threads. Yum, that sounds good! I'm up for adoption! :D

Admittedly it was awesome. As a perfectionist, I am very critical of my own cooking and am often not quite satisfied. However, this was pretty darned good.

So, who hires the lawyer - you or I?? :lol:

#1138 aroche84

aroche84

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

Tonight I made white rice, steamed broccoli, fresh tomatos, garlic and chicken tossed together with a little worcheshitre sauce!! It was so simple 10 minutes and dinner was ready and there is enough for lunch tomorrow!!!!
~*Ashley*~

#1139 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Badia spices are available where I live. They usually have a separate section in the supermarket, sometimes in the Latin section, sometimes in the spice section. I paid about $5.00 for a little plastic snap shut container that has lasted over a year. I think Badia usually has their display arranged alphabetically.

Thanksthat should help! i'll have to have a good look see at the grocery stores around me!
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1140 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Tonight I made white rice, steamed broccoli, fresh tomatos, garlic and chicken tossed together with a little worcheshitre sauce!! It was so simple 10 minutes and dinner was ready and there is enough for lunch tomorrow!!!!

Good job! You can make extra rice an freeze it in a baggie with your name on it. Then pop it out when you need some. I have found it stays good in the freezer for 3 months. Sometimes I cook little bits of carrot with the rice for a little added nutrition.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: