#1156 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

Tonight we're having:

Local Grilled Brats with Caramelized Onions and Roasted Red Peppers (am using some of my homemade pear chutney as well)
Twice Baked Potatoes with Pancetta, Garlic Scapes and Blue Cheese
Rosemary Orange Braised Baby Carrots
Strawberry Fool

Ah, yes. That does sound good :) I am not cooking tonight. Treating a burn and grabbin' anything.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1157 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

We had salad wraps but they didn't wrap too well they snapped instead of wrapped :(
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#1158 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

Tonight we are having pizza potatoes. It's my daughter's 5th birthday and she wanted pepperoni pizza for dinner so she decided that we would have a meat "pizza" and put pepperoni and turkey bacon with tomatoes on a baked potato "crust". And I think I may try to make a microwave brownie for her birthday dessert, if it doesn't work she still gets her cake on Saturday though.

#1159 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

My son is grilling steak and I'm making red, white and purple small potatoes. I'm probaab ly the only one that will eat the herb salad.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#1160 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Port and Paprika Glazed Chicken Thighs
Warm Lentil Salad with Pumpkinseed Vinaigrette
Steamed Green Beans (from the garden)
Homemade Butter Cookies
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1161 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

herb crusted scallops
wax beans (from the garden) i may just blanch them and make a little shallot/vinegarette dressing
FRENCH FRIED POTATOES <haven't had fries in a year and i'm going to try and make my own. from potatoes.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1162 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Pancakes and sausage...being lazy tonight.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#1163 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

I think roast veg with bean patties for us but I'll see how I feel by then :/ not up to anything at the moment haha.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#1164 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

Awesome that you can grill! Hopefully your move went very well.

Just saw this comment, so sorry for the late reply. Thanks! The move was a little stressful but it is all over now. Most things are unpacked, a few things are still finding homes. My only snag right now is my dishwasher isn't working. The repair person already came once. At first it didn't work at all--no water was comign out, only steam. After the repair guy left, it ran fine for two washes. on the third wash water started pouring out the front of it and nearly flooded the kitchen! Repair guy is supposed to come back tommorrow morning and if they can't fix it we may get a new one (this was newly installed when we moved in).

Anyway, the grill has seen a lot of action the past few days due to my dishwasher being broken. Since I'm hand washing all the dishes I want as few pans to wash as possible. I love to cook, but I hate dishes!

So the past couple days on the grill we have had steak, Ahi Tuna steaks with mixed veggies steamed in foil packets, and chicken kabobs. Tommorrow I'm doing either bison or turkey burgers if the dishwasher's still broken, and I might even get paper plates and use plastic ware, LOL!
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1165 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

Dinty Moore beef stew over white rice.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1166 Coleslawcat

Coleslawcat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Greek quinoa salad. Yum!

#1167 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Just saw this comment, so sorry for the late reply. Thanks! The move was a little stressful but it is all over now. Most things are unpacked, a few things are still finding homes. My only snag right now is my dishwasher isn't working. The repair person already came once. At first it didn't work at all--no water was comign out, only steam. After the repair guy left, it ran fine for two washes. on the third wash water started pouring out the front of it and nearly flooded the kitchen! Repair guy is supposed to come back tommorrow morning and if they can't fix it we may get a new one (this was newly installed when we moved in).

Anyway, the grill has seen a lot of action the past few days due to my dishwasher being broken. Since I'm hand washing all the dishes I want as few pans to wash as possible. I love to cook, but I hate dishes!

So the past couple days on the grill we have had steak, Ahi Tuna steaks with mixed veggies steamed in foil packets, and chicken kabobs. Tommorrow I'm doing either bison or turkey burgers if the dishwasher's still broken, and I might even get paper plates and use plastic ware, LOL!

Glad to hear you are all moved in - hope you get into your routine soon. Too bad about your dishwasher. I am not exactly fond of doing dishes, either, but have so many specialty cooking things that cannot go into it. The only times we use it is when we have guests over. I cook so much that I must wash dishes a few times a day (i.e. cannot fit my 17 lb mortar and pestle in there nor will I put my AllClad in there - same with my good knives).

Nice to have you back! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1168 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

:ph34r:So the past couple days on the grill we have had steak, Ahi Tuna steaks with mixed veggies steamed in foil packets, and chicken kabobs. Tommorrow I'm doing either bison or turkey burgers if the dishwasher's still broken, and I might even get paper plates and use plastic ware, LOL!

Hey gluten-free Manna,

Just wanted to make sure you know about the Cargil Ground Turkey recall. If not, here's a link. http://www.latimes.c...0,1439391.story

Good luck with the dishwasher.

We grill year round here. I prep and do the sides, my partner does the grilling.

We had grilled ground sirloin onion burgers on UDIs buns with sweet potatos and salad and sweet cheeries dipped in chocolate sauce.

Anyway, please make sure your ground turkey isn't from the bad lot. I skimmed the article, but I'm allergic to turkey so didn't pay close attention, just thought of it when I saw you were considering it for tomorrow.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1169 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Pot roast, made with grass fed beef from a cow 1 county away. :)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#1170 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

:ph34r:So the past couple days on the grill we have had steak, Ahi Tuna steaks with mixed veggies steamed in foil packets, and chicken kabobs. Tommorrow I'm doing either bison or turkey burgers if the dishwasher's still broken, and I might even get paper plates and use plastic ware, LOL!

Hey gluten-free Manna,

Just wanted to make sure you know about the Cargil Ground Turkey recall. If not, here's a link. http://www.latimes.c...0,1439391.story

Good luck with the dishwasher.

We grill year round here. I prep and do the sides, my partner does the grilling.

We had grilled ground sirloin onion burgers on UDIs buns with sweet potatos and salad and sweet cheeries dipped in chocolate sauce.

Anyway, please make sure your ground turkey isn't from the bad lot. I skimmed the article, but I'm allergic to turkey so didn't pay close attention, just thought of it when I saw you were considering it for tomorrow.

Thanks for the warning! I haven't bought my meat yet. I was planning on getting it tommorrow morning. I don't know if the recalled brands are in my stores or not but I guess I will go with bison or chicken just to be safe. I'm sure we'll grill year round too now that we have a place we are allowed to grill (before we were in an apt that wouldn't even let us store a grill on the premises).
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: