9580 replies to this topic

#1171 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Tonight I am making cajun roasted chicken breast in the crockpot and I think I may make some kind of rice with it, not sure yet though.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1172 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

Grilled Lime and Jalapeno Marinated Flank Steak
Baby Potato, Tomato and Green Bean Salad with Basil Almond Pesto Sauce
Mushrooms Braised in Sherry and Garlic
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf with Lemon Glaze
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1173 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

Grilled Lime and Jalapeno Marinated Flank Steak
Baby Potato, Tomato and Green Bean Salad with Basil Almond Pesto Sauce
Mushrooms Braised in Sherry and Garlic
Lemon Poppyseed Loaf with Lemon Glaze

Could I come over your house for supper? LOL!!!!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1174 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the warning! I haven't bought my meat yet. I was planning on getting it tommorrow morning. I don't know if the recalled brands are in my stores or not but I guess I will go with bison or chicken just to be safe. I'm sure we'll grill year round too now that we have a place we are allowed to grill (before we were in an apt that wouldn't even let us store a grill on the premises).

You're welcome. Those of us in "The Club" have to watch out for each other. Glad you aren't living in captivity anymore! :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1175 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Lentil pasta in the slow cooker.
Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#1176 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Could I come over your house for supper? LOL!!!!

Heck, I don't want to just come for dinner...I want to live with her!!! :lol:

ETA: I should add that I threw chicken in the oven, a baked potato and spinach.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#1177 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Was planning on burgers (I ended up buying beef today) but hubby had to work late and wasn't in the mood to grill. I didn't feel like cooking so I made some Tinkyada spaghetti and meat sauce with the beef.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1178 Taylor Paige

Taylor Paige

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Today I cooked stuffed peppers (turkey meat, veggies, brown rice, in a tomato-basil-and garlic sauce) with apple cider roasted vegetables on the side. It was delicious, and more important free of all eight allergens for my brother.

#1179 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

We're having grilled hog snapper thai style with basatmi rice and lemon drop martinis. Maybe a salad, maybe not. (Had salad for lunch, as usual.) So we're off to Thailand tonight. :D
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1180 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Tonight is leftover night...

Steamed and Grilled Brats with Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onions
Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes with Pancetta and Blue Cheese
Cherry Tomatoes with Tequila Lime Vinaigrette
Nectarines with Rosemary and Honey Glaze
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1181 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

We're having grilled hog snapper thai style with basatmi rice and lemon drop martinis. Maybe a salad, maybe not. (Had salad for lunch, as usual.) So we're off to Thailand tonight. :D

Cool! I love going to Thailand for dinner. We're going to Turkey this weekend then perhaps Korea. :P

#1182 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

I pulled a single serving of chili out of my freezer for dinner. So does that mean I took a trip to Mexico? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sylvia

#1183 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

I pulled a single serving of chili out of my freezer for dinner. So does that mean I took a trip to Mexico? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think two dishes or more in one meal qualifies you. Just kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol: So, did you enjoy Mexico?

#1184 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm eating there now. :lol: Sheesh, I should have added some tortilla chips!!!
Sylvia

#1185 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

I'm eating there now. :lol: Sheesh, I should have added some tortilla chips!!!

Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia. Just what ARE we going to do with you? :lol: :lol: Hey - maybe you should quickly squeeze a lime over your chili and you're set. That sort of counts for your minimum!! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: