9530 replies to this topic

#1216 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Although this recipe specifies halibut you can easily substitute pollack. Delicious! It is called Halibut with Nut Crust and Apple Vinaigrette (sorry - I cannot recall whether you can have nuts!).
http://leitesculinar...inaigrette.html

Thankfully I CAN have nuts, all kinds. :D

I will have to keep that one in mind for next time. I already made my fish. I ended up squeezing an orange over them, splashing some white white on, spraying with olive oil, topping with minced garlic and ginger, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, then baking in parchement. Turned out pretty good for not following a recipe. Next time I think will add a little coconut aminos (which is my soy-sauce replacement since I can't have soy).
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1217 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

Baked chicken breasts over rice and brown sugared and buttered carrots.

#1218 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Thankfully I CAN have nuts, all kinds. :D

I will have to keep that one in mind for next time. I already made my fish. I ended up squeezing an orange over them, splashing some white white on, spraying with olive oil, topping with minced garlic and ginger, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, then baking in parchement. Turned out pretty good for not following a recipe. Next time I think will add a little coconut aminos (which is my soy-sauce replacement since I can't have soy).

Sounds great! Citrus seems to be made for fish (and a billion other things but still!).
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1219 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

i cheated since it was so hot and had toast with peanutbutter and honey on it. Not that healthy, but i really haven't eaten today so -shrug-

#1220 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

i cheated since it was so hot and had toast with peanutbutter and honey on it. Not that healthy, but i really haven't eaten today so -shrug-

Everyone has those days sometimes! Nothing wrong with it. :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1221 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

Grilled Piri Piri Marinated Quail with Portuguese Spicy Honey Sauce
Fresh Herb Risotto
Grilled Corn with Chili and Lime
Mango with Rosemary-Infused Honey

#1222 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

Cajun roasted chicken tenders and risotto...strange combo, but the only way my 20 month old will eat any type of white rice.

#1223 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

Cajun roasted chicken tenders and risotto...strange combo, but the only way my 20 month old will eat any type of white rice.

Your 20-month old has a discerning palate! :D What type of risotto are you making? I'm making mine with fresh herbs from the garden, white wine and citrus. Either that or Milanese with saffron but I thik I'll stick to the fresh herbs. Man, I love risotto.

#1224 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Your 20-month old has a discerning palate! :D What type of risotto are you making? I'm making mine with fresh herbs from the garden, white wine and citrus. Either that or Milanese with saffron but I thik I'll stick to the fresh herbs. Man, I love risotto.

Yes she does, at least she is picky in a good way though:) We are using basil from our garden and I think I have some white wine in the cabinet, it will be simple though since my 5 year old wants to make it.

#1225 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Yes she does, at least she is picky in a good way though:) We are using basil from our garden and I think I have some white wine in the cabinet, it will be simple though since my 5 year old wants to make it.

That's awesome. Many people assume that risotto is tricky to make but it is not! I love that there are hundreds of ways to do it. Very versatile, that little arborio rice!

#1226 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'm NOT. Very rare occasion. My husband went to the store, bought fish, salad and fixin's, and is COOKING. YES!
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1227 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

OK - tonight we are going to Indonesia:

Turkey Sate with Spicy Coconut Peanut Butter Sauce
Gado Gado (sort of the Indonesian version of potato salad)
Rujak Manis (fruit with spicy coconut sugar sauce with ground peanuts)
Acar (sort of pickled vegetables)
Bawang Goreng (seasoned crispy shallots)

Should be good (and fairly busy!).

#1228 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

We're having stuffed bell peppers (stuffed with ground turkey and rice and seasoned with Italian spices, baked in the slow cooker).
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1229 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Tonight was oven roasted Pork roast with minced garlic on corn tortillas with a HUGE dollop of sour cream.

I have REALLY been lacking on the veggies lately so I guess next weekend I best plan on making a BIG pot of vegetable beef soup ( really the only way I like veggies :ph34r: )

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#1230 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Charcoal grilled chicken with homemade marinade & BBQ sauce. Twice baked potatoes & romaine tossed salad.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: