This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

alex11602 Collaborator

Day after St. Patrick's Day always means cabbage and noodles for dinner with whatever corned beef is left in it. I love that my mom makes extra so I can bring it home and make our own since she uses egg noodles.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

freeatlast Collaborator

Well, you can just shove that chunk o' cake straight through the computer screen!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Have fun in Croatia. There are worse things than cooking, traveling, eating & reading.cool.gif

Love2Travel, maybe you will run into my sister-in-law and her husband in Croatia!

We are having Mexican Casserole tonight with sour cream and tortilla chips :) and are watching YOU KILL ME for the second time!!!

Marilyn R Community Regular

Last night we had slow cooker corned beef and cabbage with potatos, carrots and onion.

Tonight I made vegetarian minestrone and DP smoked a chicken. I'd made cheese breadsticks and homemade applesauce too. It was a happy meal. :D

Jestgar Rising Star

roast chicken, sauteed asparagus and mushrooms, leftover baked beans

mushroom Proficient

Last night hubs made crockpot whole chicken legs with garlic, onions, sultanas (O..K., yellow raisins), ginger, dried apricots. cranberries, chicken stock and a 'mystery' ingredient which I failed to detect. I know it wasn't citrus, because it couldn't be :o but maybe a dash of some spirits? Darned good, anyway.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Leftover gluten-free lasagna with homemade gluten-free bread. Yum!

love2travel Mentor

Love2Travel, maybe you will run into my sister-in-law and her husband in Croatia!

Wouldn't that be something? Maybe they'll have to come to our house for peka one day...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Well, you can just shove that chunk o' cake straight through the computer screen!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Have fun in Croatia. There are worse things than cooking, traveling, eating & reading.cool.gif

My dh lays down very well when I limit the iodine but I keep slipping up on that. And the dh is miserable & everywhere when I misstep on the iodine. For instance, I had just healed all up & then I decided to get some coconut oil for it's beneficial factors as well as a butter substitute. And I got some See's gluten-free chocolates. I'm positive there is no cc going on. I began to break out all over & went looking for the cause. After some research I found coconuts are high in iodine & chocolate is too. So I've done myself in again. And I have some coconut flour sitting here waiting for me to try ---- not NOW. It may go bad before I can try it. These things were not listed on the thyca diet. I found them elsewhere along with summer squash which I love but that's out now too.

I have DDD also. Have you tried the epidurals? They help me immensely.

And from what I read on here I have hopes that with time on the gluten-free diet you will find much relief from your pains (all of them). So many tell of their pains getting so much better. I hope it will be the case for you also.

I have tried the epidurals and they have not helped unfortunately. I think it is partially because my pain is so widespread - my shoulders all the way down my calves. There are so many trigger points that it's not even funny. The pain is so bad I must get up to walk around at night because lying down can be dreadful. I'm glad that they help you, though. They are supposed to have quite a high success rate.

Coconut flour is wonderful. I use it regularly in so many ways. Be sure to try it and post your results! :) I really, really hope that your DH goes away once and for all.

love2travel Mentor

We are having leftover roast lamb shoulder from last night. It is so succulent and tender like butter. And the shoulder is one of the toughest cuts. I am making a caper lemon sauce for it. We will have it with roasted carrot and potato puree and white wine braised Brussels sprouts.

love2travel Mentor

As we STILL have lamb leftover I am making Shepherd's Pie which traditionally is made with lamb. I will mince it up and make a lovely old cheddar potato "crust".

Winter greens (frisee, mustard, kale) with a simple classic red wine vinaigrette and shaved Parmesan.

Simona19 Collaborator

Today I made grilled chicken breast and two kind of pockets, idea from this tread:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/91061-shared-grills/

1. I cut 6 red potatoes on

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight was a roasted whole chicken with roasted potatoes.

We had left over corned beef on Brazillian cheese bread with horseradish and the left over veggies. Chocolate chocolate chip gelato for dessert. It's always good to reward yourself for using up leftovers. :D

love2travel Mentor

It's always good to reward yourself for using up leftovers. :D

I like your thought process! Hmmm...what will I reward myself with tomorrow when I leftovers? I've always loved leftovers but now even more so that we are entitled to rewards. :P

love2travel Mentor

Lucia, you will be proud of me! Vegetarian.

Singapore Carrot Cake with Steamed Daikon Cake - I am making my own kecap manis.

Carrot cakes do not contain carrots nor are they cakes as in sweet cakes. They are dense daikon cakes you make then steam then sit overnight then fry. Then you make the other portion of the recipe which contains a host of other ingredients including eggs and veg but not carrots.

We had grilled Italian sausage, rice, and swiss chard sauted in garlic and olive oil. It kills me how you think you'll have way to much of the greens, and it ends up being a little bit. Conversation over dinner. Me: "I notice you don't seem to like the Chard." Him. "No, I don't like it."

Me: "Try to think of it like a condiment. Him: "OK". Him: "I don't give a shred about the Chard, even when I try to think about it like a condiment."

(No chocolate for him tonight, he could have played along.) B)

mushroom Proficient
Adalaide Mentor

Had some dental work done that's going to keep me on a liquid diet for a day or two. I have some boxed soup or another in my pantry but was feeling good enough (ty painkillers) to make creamy carrot soup which is absolutely divine. It doesn't look appealing, sort of looks like a bowl full of orange vomit but it's so very good. I think I may make more tomorrow but add ginger to it instead of onions.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight my 5 year old is making 50/50 Bacon Burgers from the Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook and some homemade french fries. Also, since she spent 3 hours looking at that cookbook I think we will be trying alot of the recipes.

love2travel Mentor

Friday night:

Braised Lamb Shanks with Zingara Sauce and Pan Jus

Apple and Smoked Bacon Risotto

Roasted Cauliflower

Chocolate Pots de Creme with Torched Italian Meringue

Maggie Mermaid Apprentice

Friday night:

Braised Lamb Shanks with Zingara Sauce and Pan Jus

Apple and Smoked Bacon Risotto

Roasted Cauliflower

Chocolate Pots de Creme with Torched Italian Meringue

Everything sounds wonderful. Does the Braised Lamb Shanks use any tomato products?

Dinner tonight is cooking in the crockpot. It's a chicken stew using boneless chicken thighs, mushrooms, red potatoes, sweet potato, onions, carrots, celery, chicken stock seasoned with fresh rosemary, salt&pepper.

lucia Enthusiast

Lucia, you will be proud of me! Vegetarian.

Singapore Carrot Cake with Steamed Daikon Cake - I am making my own kecap manis.

Carrot cakes do not contain carrots nor are they cakes as in sweet cakes. They are dense daikon cakes you make then steam then sit overnight then fry. Then you make the other portion of the recipe which contains a host of other ingredients including eggs and veg but not carrots.

I am proud :) I looked up a recipe online for Singapore Carrot Cake, and it looks totally doable.

I'm having quinoa with roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, green pepper, tomato, eggplant, onion) - easy and good for an early Sunday supper. Also, it's vegan, no lactose. Note that quinoa has protein so it's actually quite a filling meal.

love2travel Mentor

I am proud :) I looked up a recipe online for Singapore Carrot Cake, and it looks totally doable.

I'm having quinoa with roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, green pepper, tomato, eggplant, onion) - easy and good for an early Sunday supper. Also, it's vegan, no lactose. Note that quinoa has protein so it's actually quite a filling meal.

It IS doable and very interesting to make, not to mention wonderfully delicious.

Supper sounds great at your house! I am unfortunately in too much pain to cook this evening which saddens me. My husband will have to throw something quick together. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)

mushroom Proficient

Everything sounds wonderful. Does the Braised Lamb Shanks use any tomato products?

Dinner tonight is cooking in the crockpot. It's a chicken stew using boneless chicken thighs, mushrooms, red potatoes, sweet potato, onions, carrots, celery, chicken stock seasoned with fresh rosemary, salt&pepper.

Here's an easy lamb shanks recipe without tomato that you can do in the crockpot:

Ingredients

4 frenched lamb shanks

squirmingitch Veteran

Loves2, I hope you feel MUCH better very soon! Sad that you're sad.sad.gif