9633 replies to this topic

#1336 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

I was inspired by Love2Travels posts, so tonight we had Horseradish crusted cod with carmelized onion balsamic jus & lemon basil infusion on a bed of mashed postatoes. It was amazingly good, and just from a couple of pieces of thawed out cod.

OMG. Adapted from this recipe if anyone's interested.

http://lakemagazine....252003484-PM48R

(I didn't have sage, wasn't sure about how to split a whole bulb of garlic, so peeled and smashed 4-5 big cloves, used chives instead of shallots, 1 egg and an egg white since I test positive for yolk allergy, used rice vinegar vs. red wine vinegar and used horeseradish from a jar vs. fresh root.) My partner had two portions and said he felt like he just had a $50 meal on his own, declared me iron chef. (Do you think he's trying to encourage me?) :D

I have leftover balsamic syrup. My girlfriend serves that with pizza. I'm thinking about trying the gluten-free Bisquick pizza crust tomorrow.

That's awesome, Marilyn! I just love balsamic syrup and use it on all kinds of things - basting quail, drizzling over rib eye, even on ice cream! Also yummy drizzled over grilled or roasted vegetables.

I have been unwell lately so have not been cooking, unfortunately, but miss it like mad! Hopefully tomorrow I will be at it again as I have some fabulous meals lined up...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1337 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Not exciting but tasty...

Grilled 1 1/2" Ribeye with Herb Garlic Compound Butter
Grilled Baby Potatoes on Rosemary Skewers with Bay Leaves and Roasted Garlic
Roasted Baby Beets and Carrots with Orange and Sage
Jicama Slaw with Soy Vinaigrette
Chocolate Marquise with Hazelnut Chocolate Tuiles (for my husband) - it is utterly decadent and he soooo deserves it!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1338 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Pot roast, potatoes, carrots. :)

#1339 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Garlic and rosemary crusted pork loin and rice "stuffing", figured we should try it before the holidays come around.

#1340 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

I'm cooking something to have for lunch tomorrow. Some fish and chicken with my fav basil/lime juice. Probably make nice herb salad with strawberries. It was long day at work, not liking my new school too much, but trying! So I'm having wine, soy free chocolate chips, Cape Code gluten-free kettle low fat chips(makes me feel better to eat so much) with avocado. I was healthy all dy, I'm going to veg!
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#1341 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

I made Greek Pizza with the gluten-free Biscuit recipe. The best thing that I can say about it is that it made the house smell good. :lol:
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1342 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

I made Greek Pizza with the gluten-free Biscuit recipe. The best thing that I can say about it is that it made the house smell good. :lol:

Next time add in 1/2 cup of Kraft Parmesean cheese ( in the shaker can ) to the crust mixture before baking. It makes a HUGE HUGE difference.

#1343 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

Next time add in 1/2 cup of Kraft Parmesean cheese ( in the shaker can ) to the crust mixture before baking. It makes a HUGE HUGE difference.

I, too, add all sorts of yummy things to my crust including Parmesan and all sorts of fresh herbs and roasted garlic. Heck, sometimes I even add caramelized onions or shallots.

#1344 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Tonight we are having:

Pork Tenderloins with Coffee Cacao Rub and Maple Bourbon Glaze (seared and roasted to medium well as pork SHOULD be)
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Oil
Minted Pea Puree
Greens with Julienned Daikon and Grapefruit Tarragon Vinaigrette, Toasted Pecans and Dried Cherries
Leftover Chocolate Marquise and Hazelnut Chocolate Tuiles

#1345 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Not dinner, but I just made this crustless quiche for brunch. It was REALLY good. We had it with Rudi's toast and some fresh fruit.
http://www.food.com/...low-carb-209249

I used 1/2 an onion and it was good. I think a whole one would be overkill. Be sure to squeeze excess water out of the spinach and it took more like 40-45 minutes to bake.

#1346 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Bear Creek Potato Cheddar soup over a pile of white rice, with shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1347 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Frost is in our forecast for tonight so we will be picking all our vegetables except carrots as they like frost. So, we are having:

Big Salad Night
- butterhead lettuce, baby beet and arugula leaves, red carrots, juicy tomatoes (several of them weigh over 1 lb each) and fresh herbs with a chipotle vinaigrette I am making with dried toasted and re-constituted chipotles, orange juice, pomegranate molasses, etc. and toasted almonds for crunch. Oh, and some fried capers for a bit of puckery crunchy goodness and homemade cornbread croutons. I want to have artisan garlic herb cheese from a near-by farm (made with sheep's milk) but am not doing dairy yet.

There is something so special and gratifying about eating what you grow yourself. :)

The last of the Chocolate Marquise with Raspberry Coulis for dessert.

#1348 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Picadillo and Cuban black beans and rice.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1349 Goof

Goof

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Pork roll sandwiches, with rolls from Whole foods. And probably some salad, to make it feel a little more healthy! :lol:

#1350 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Fresh millet and brown rice flour pasta with a rose sauce
Roasted plum chutney I made with little golden plums and lactose-free yogurt
Cucumbers and red onion salad with lime vinaigrette

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: