This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings - they were very ooey gooey!

Baked potatoes with chives

Lots of raw veg with dill dip

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Buffalo Chicken Wings with Bleu Cheese Dip

Baked Spicy Onion Rings

Wine-Braised Leeks

OliviaB Newbie

Tonight is going to be my first time cooking a gluten-free meal! Up until now I have been eating boiled eggs, salads, potatoes, and some fish my husband made.

I am making:

Ground beef tacos in corn tortillas with tomatoes and lettuce, with black beans and brown rice on the side

Dessert: fresh strawberries, apples, and bananas cut up and tossed with lemon juice

Hopefully, I shopped smart and everything is gluten-free. I'm still a learning newbie! Took me 2 hours at the grocery store today (I had to read every single label of everything I got, phew!).

cahill Collaborator

Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas w/ Tomatillo Salsa & Sour Cream and a side of red rice :D

mushroom Proficient

I had never heard of red rice until recently. I have never seen it in the market and when I looked it up I find there are different kinds of red rice. Can you tell me what red rice you are using?

alex11602 Collaborator

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight. My husband always loved Chikfila's breaded chicken on biscuits in the morning with hashbrowns so I think that's what we will end up having. I'm going to use chicken breasts that we breaded and baked with almond flour last night and either make biscuits with almond flour or just make waffles out of the Namaste mix. For the hashbrowns my husband makes them by baking potatoes in the microwave then taking the skin off and pan frying them.

Marilyn R Community Regular

DP smoked a duck today! We had smoked duck with homemade orange sauce (used coconut aminos and fish sauce to sub out the soy sauce the recipe called for with great results), jasmine rice cooked in stock made from the duck giblets, and green beans. I'm going to make duck soup with the carcass. I planned a dessert but we're both stuffed!

Love2travel, I felt a little off the day after Easter, but I didn't get glutened. It could be attributed to a number of things. My neice brought a salad...made it in front of me so I could supervise, but she's an RN and pretty savvy about gluten. I also ate her very rich potatoes and they had a honey baked ham. We've been smoking our own picnics for months. But I didn't get glutened from licking the cheese sauce off my thumb. I kept reminding myself of Bill C's famous, "Yes I smoked it but I didn't inhale it" line. LOL.

Mushroom, they carry red rice at our local upscale grocery store. I tried it. To me, the flavor is slightly nuttier and the texture chewier than brown race. Same with the black rice. I haven't tried it in soups yet. I think I'd enjoy it more if I mixed brown and red or black together. (Texture and visual thing.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cahill Collaborator

I had never heard of red rice until recently. I have never seen it in the market and when I looked it up I find there are different kinds of red rice. Can you tell me what red rice you are using?

red rice

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/organic_heirloom_rice.htm

cahill Collaborator

Tonight is Taco night :)

mushroom Proficient
love2travel Mentor

DP smoked a duck today! We had smoked duck with homemade orange sauce (used coconut aminos and fish sauce to sub out the soy sauce the recipe called for with great results), jasmine rice cooked in stock made from the duck giblets, and green beans. I'm going to make duck soup with the carcass. I planned a dessert but we're both stuffed!

Love2travel, I felt a little off the day after Easter, but I didn't get glutened. It could be attributed to a number of things. My neice brought a salad...made it in front of me so I could supervise, but she's an RN and pretty savvy about gluten. I also ate her very rich potatoes and they had a honey baked ham. We've been smoking our own picnics for months. But I didn't get glutened from licking the cheese sauce off my thumb. I kept reminding myself of Bill C's famous, "Yes I smoked it but I didn't inhale it" line. LOL.

Oh, I'm so glad. That would have been such a shame.

The smoked duck sounds divine. Duck is one of my all-time favourite things to eat. EVER. If I see it on a menu I usually order it. That or the lamb or venison or pheasant. The duck fat is the best for frying and I love the crispy skin. Mmmmmm.

love2travel Mentor

Finnish Meatballs with Partridge Berry Sauce

Bay-Infused Jasmine Rice

Sauteed Swiss Chard with Shallots and Garlic

Strawberries with aged balsamic

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I sliced and salted eggplant, let it sit a few hours. LAid out in two dishes, put a mix of shopped chicken, spices and cream cheese over both. Then a layer of half-cooked Tinkyada, then onions, then red sauce for one and alfredo for the other. Mozz on top of red sauce, bake 45-50 min. Haven't tried it yet, will let you know how it worked!

Adalaide Mentor

Grilled chicken and au gratin potatoes. I meant to make a colorful veggie but was so distracted by the cheesy awesomeness of my first homemade taters that I totally forgot.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops with Dijon Crust

Celeriac and Potato Dauphinoise

Honeyed Roast Broccoli with Toasted Pine Nuts

Roast Strawberries

Marilyn R Community Regular

Duck soup! I made it from the giblet stock while I was making stock from last night's duck carcass. (You have to let the fat rise in the refrigerator overnight.) It was sublime. DP said it was the best soup I've ever made, and I'm sort of a soup freak.

I went to the grocery store I bought the duck at today because I figured they'd only have duck for the holidays. The cashier told me they keep them in stock because they have customers who purchase them regularly.

They had geese too, but they were off the budget. $60!

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight I'm roasting turkey breast, boiled potatoes with sauteed onions, barely steamed green beans, cornbread and I think pumpkin pie for dessert. Started off as trying to find something to go with turkey that was on sale and ended up looking like Thanksgiving.

love2travel Mentor

Duck soup! I made it from the giblet stock while I was making stock from last night's duck carcass. (You have to let the fat rise in the refrigerator overnight.) It was sublime. DP said it was the best soup I've ever made, and I'm sort of a soup freak.

I went to the grocery store I bought the duck at today because I figured they'd only have duck for the holidays. The cashier told me they keep them in stock because they have customers who purchase them regularly.

They had geese too, but they were off the budget. $60!

That sounds great! I love goose. And duck. And pheasant. And quail...

mushroom Proficient

That sounds great! I love goose. And duck. And pheasant. And quail...

Last night I watched Jamie make quail and pheasant and guinea fowl (spatchcocked) and partridge all at once, cut into pieces after roasting and served on a platter of polenta with a jus gravy made from red wine and the vegetables he roasted the birds on - it all looked so finger-lickin' good :)

Fire Newbie

I made split pea soup with ham and gluten free dumplings.

I got the idea from the Let's Dish cooking show recipe link on LivewellNetwork.com

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Just had minute rice cup (brown and wild) with some Dr McDouglas vegetable soup over it. Very easy lunch, would be great for on the go.

For dinner I'm going to fix myself a green salad with turkey, cranberries, feta cheese, and walnuts with a raspberry vinaigrette. My favorite kind of salad. :)

love2travel Mentor

Last night I watched Jamie make quail and pheasant and guinea fowl (spatchcocked) and partridge all at once, cut into pieces after roasting and served on a platter of polenta with a jus gravy made from red wine and the vegetables he roasted the birds on - it all looked so finger-lickin' good :)

I have not seen that episode - how could I have missed it??!! All that yumminess on polenta? Oh, I am swooning. Perhaps I'll have to take up hunting! :lol:

mushroom Proficient

I have not seen that episode - how could I have missed it??!! All that yumminess on polenta? Oh, I am swooning. Perhaps I'll have to take up hunting! :lol:

It was a hunting episode - he went out and shot them himself (pretty good shot too, uless they faked it :rolleyes: )

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Evidently, pizza.

Bought some KA pizza crust mix and am giving it a whirl.

BTW if y'all want some good pizza combos try the ones from Pizzeria Bianco http://www.pizzeriabianco.com/menu.html. I ate there pre-gluten-free and it was divine. Anyhoo, what makes their pizzas so good (aside from the crust and the wood oven) are the combinations of flavors AND if you add meat it is SHAVED.

You MUST try shaved meat on you pizzas. Yum!

My personal fave is the Rosa with some shaved ham.

GFreeMO Proficient

Oven roasted herbed chicken, fresh green beans with butter and salt and pepper, cilantro and lime rice. :)