9561 replies to this topic

#1366 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Salsa Chicken, cilantro-lime rice and salads with croutons (made from the rest of Simona's gluten-free bread).
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#1367 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

i am gonna hafta make that challah!!

tonite is macaroni n cheeze <mom's recipe w/egg custard :) with stewed tomatoes. yumz, comfort food...

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#1368 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Another bad pain day for me so did not get much done in the kitchen. :( Having the rest of the vichyssoise soup, falafel chips and hummus. Well, at least I made something today!

Tomorrow the plan is to have seared duck breast with sour cherry gastrique.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1369 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

Ribs. DP had salad and ribs. I am so off salads for awhile. But I prepped something to stuff poblano peppers tomorrow. (Sauted scallions, mushrooms, left over Rotel & some left over cooked winter squash with shredded smoked chicken. (He used the new smoker again yesterday.) Tomorrow I'll prep the peppers, stuff them after I add shredded and crumbled cheese. Sometimes the weird stuff you make with leftovers ends up being insanely good. We shall see... if not, it'll be a lesson learned...

The latin food market only charged me $1 for four nice sized pablano peppers!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1370 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Ribs. DP had salad and ribs. I am so off salads for awhile. But I prepped something to stuff poblano peppers tomorrow. (Sauted scallions, mushrooms, left over Rotel & some left over cooked winter squash with shredded smoked chicken. (He used the new smoker again yesterday.) Tomorrow I'll prep the peppers, stuff them after I add shredded and crumbled cheese. Sometimes the weird stuff you make with leftovers ends up being insanely good. We shall see... if not, it'll be a lesson learned...

The latin food market only charged me $1 for four nice sized pablano peppers!

We have no latin market here but our store FINALLY got in poblanos for the first time ever! We usually must buy them in the city three hours away. Only $1 for four? That is four times cheaper than I paid. But I was so excited to see them I just had to do it. We are doing Mexican Thursday and cannot wait.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#1371 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

glutenfreeda vegetarian cheese burrito-- with a slice of cheese on top :)
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#1372 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Feeling a bit better than yesterday so am making:

- Seared Duck Breast with Sour Cherry Gastrique
- Foie Gras Mousse with Pistachios
- Simple Buttercrunch Lettuce Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette
- Risotto Milanese

A bit on the rich side but the past few days have been far less so. :D

#1373 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

We have no latin market here but our store FINALLY got in poblanos for the first time ever! We usually must buy them in the city three hours away. Only $1 for four? That is four times cheaper than I paid. But I was so excited to see them I just had to do it. We are doing Mexican Thursday and cannot wait.

I don't know why poblanos are so cheap at that market. Red peppers are $1 each there, so I pick the prettiest, biggest one. That is used for dipping strips in hummus (a doctor friend told me that's one of the best raw veggies you can eat, full of antioxidants). The poblano peppers are sooooooo good roasted or stuffed. Our dinner turned out great tonight and was just enough food. (Four left over, so I have some for lunch or dinner sides. I sliced two of them in half and cut vee shapes in the other two for stuffing. The Latin market is open air, so there may be flies or lizzards on them when I purchase them. (Trying to make you feel better about the price...)

Enjoy your Mexican night. We're probably having Tiny burgers tomorrow.

I worked in a cafe in my teens. "Tiny" weighed in at about 330 lbs. and loved a burger with ham, olives, cheese and toasted bun. We had 1/3 lb. burgers there. And big buns. (I had big buns then too.)

I like petite grilled sirloin burgers with Tiny's toppings in a lettuce wrap. So waa laa teeny gluten-free Tiny burgers. Lettuce and olives constitute a vegetable, right? :D We love carmelized onions on them too!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#1374 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Tonight was baked french fries, baby shrimp, and lovely homemade cocktail sauce. For dessert, polished off a pack of M&Ms.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#1375 Februaryrich

Februaryrich

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Brown rice elbows pasta with buttered potatoes and tuna! Yummmmmm
Gluten free since 01/09/11
Food intolerance to be determined!

#1376 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

Turkey pizza meatloaf (I had pizza on the mind but planned on meatloaf so why not make a pizza-flavored meatloaf? :lol: ), salad and maybe some green beans with almonds.
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

#1377 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

French toast (made with Simona's Challa I baked yesterday) and bacon. It's only 3:50 here and I'm going to go start cooking because I can't wait any longer!

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

#1378 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

We're having duck again tonight but differently. This time I am searing it (keeping the fat for roasting truffled fries) and eating it with a roasted plum sauce. Divine. Am making funky sweet potato fries and grilling zucchini with mint vinaigrette. If we had leftover risotto I would be making arancini! Next time...

#1379 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

I was tired. Bush's baked beans, a burger on gluten-free bread, and microwaved corn on the cob.

#1380 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

tonite: LEFTOVERS!!!!

but last night i made gyros - the gluten-eaters ate them on regular pita bread and i ate mine on: udi's pizza crust!! it was awesommmmme and a great substitution for pitas :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: