This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Today I made garlic cheese bread to go with:

- burrata cheese

- herbed dipping oil I made earlier

- prosciutto

- tomatoes

Chewy brownies for dessert.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Jestgar Rising Star

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

love2travel Mentor

An all-day braise. I LOVE braising.

Gigante Lima Bean and Chorizo Cassoulet

Browned Butter Balsamic Sauteed Broccoli Rabe

Maple Syrup Flavoured Cornbread

cahill Collaborator

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

cahill Collaborator

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol::P

I miss chorizo :(

Maggie Mermaid Apprentice

Tonight is a sunshine burger and broccoli

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

Our dinner is in the crockpot: lamb shanks/potatoes/carrots/celery/carmelized onions cooking with merlot & chicken stock. Will add chunks of sweet potato later (so they don't melt).

love2travel Mentor

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived in your house :lol::P

I miss chorizo :(

I'm honestly surprised I don't weigh 300 lb because we eat like this about six days of the week. Often seven. But I try to keep our diet balanced (not always).

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I have three 9 year old boys in my house. We are eating whatever I find in the freezer since I can't get rid of the two that aren't mine. Hubs is on the golf course in 100 degree heat so there's no relief (or trip to the store) in sight.

I just fed them the last of the retried beans and corn tortillas. They'll be chewing on my ankle next.

I've got to get a new plan for boys that are rapidly getting bigger than me.

JustNana Apprentice

Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus finished with a chunk of homemade butter and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.

Sounds divine! I am making my own butter too, cultured. I just started a few months ago. I'd love if you shared your method. And last night I made my first batch of yogurt.

We're having salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and my minestrone soup.

JustNana Apprentice

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

Christine0125 Contributor

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

love2travel Mentor

I made my family's favorite meatloaf gluten free for the first time (I am newly diagnosed) and it was just as good as original. I used a mix of ground beef and turkey, crushed gluten-free tortilla chips, some gluten-free bread crumbs, chili powder and a little salt and topped it with BBQ sauce. I am enjoying reading this thread... So many ideas!

Good for you! You will find that so many things are very easy to make gluten free. Most mains, in fact, are naturally gluten free anyway. Just because we have celiac it does not mean we have to be restricted to blah foods. We can enjoy fantastic foods (except for those who have so many other restrictions which is so sad).

love2travel Mentor

I'm a big fan of braising too. The least expensive cuts of meat are often the most favorable. Braising would make even shoe leather tender.

Yes - I just love turning inexpensive cuts into something divine! Definitely the best (and only) way for many cuts, that is for certain.

cahill Collaborator

Man, sorry you can't have chorizo. I love the stuff. Oops - I meant that chorizo sucks. Dull. Boring. Predictable. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chorizo with eggs , AWESOME !!!!

cahill Collaborator

How do you prepare the sunshine burger? I've never tried them but they sound good.

I rarely eat processed foods and I like them. They are the only vegan "burger" that I have found ( in my area) that is gluten and soy free.

The garden herb I eat plain with a side of veggies.

The southwestern I basically make a taco salad out of them.

Greek style stuffed tomatoes and bell peppers with a spinach saut

Hey, are any of y'all on Pinterest? I find a lot of gluten-free recipes and ideas there.

If you want an invite pm me (faster than the waiting list).

LuckyAtlas84 Apprentice

I am on pinterest! I dont know how pm you.

Mmm i made homemade chunky chicken noodle soup. I used tinyankia( sp?) it was bit over cooked. Otherwise, it was delught! Especially noodle didnt make me overeat soup like reg noodle did!

So yummy plus. Strawberries and cool whip. I need find gluten-free recipe for " shortbread". So i csn combino them!

love2travel Mentor

I am making pizza and topping it with fresh burrata, arugula, prosciutto as well as some of my pistachio pesto.

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had grilled skinless chicken thighs and brown rice spiral pasta with black olive garlic basil parsley pesto sauce. I counted the herbs as a veggie, bad me. B) It was good!

Adalaide Mentor

I am making pizza and topping it with fresh burrata, arugula, prosciutto as well as some of my pistachio pesto.

When did you say was a good time for a roommate to move in? I can be packed and out the door in an hour.

cahill Collaborator

Hey, are any of y'all on Pinterest? I find a lot of gluten-free recipes and ideas there.

If you want an invite pm me (faster than the waiting list).

do they have recipes for tumbleweeds ? :lol::P:lol:

Sending you a PM :)

love2travel Mentor

When did you say was a good time for a roommate to move in? I can be packed and out the door in an hour.

How about while we are on vacation soon? Then when we get back you will be settled nicely and can have a lovely meal waiting for us. :)

love2travel Mentor

Cleaning out the fridge in preparation for vacation:

Thai Curry Shrimp (using up some lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, shrimp paste, etc.) with lots of extra sauce for mung bean noodles. I love making curry pastes - the house smells so incredibly aromatic!

Unsure of the sides at this point.

JoyfulGF Apprentice

Pork tenderloin

Green Peas

gluten-free pasta with butter and parm cheese!

YUM!