Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Apple Crisp

3 posts in this topic

So last night, in an attempt to prove that I can make an apple something dessert, I looked up a recipe for apple crisp and then altered it to be gluten-free. (And I added a couple ingredients too) You guys probably have a recipe similar to this if not the same, but I wanted to share anyway.

6 Granny Smith apples.

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp nutmeg

1 1/2 cups flour mix of your choosing (I used pamela's baking and pancake mix, as I am too lazy to make my own mix and I can't buy many flours in bulk at the moment.)

Just over a cup of white sugar (1 and 1/8 cup)

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Just over a 1/4 tsp salt (its like 3/8 tsp)

two eggs

3 tbs butter melted.

A dash of vanilla

Preheat oven to 375.

I start by melting the butter in a bowl in the microwave (or however you choose to do it.) And while that is melting I combine the flour, white sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Mix those dry ingredients together. Then when the butter is melted, I crack the two eggs into the melted butter and then put a dash of vanilla in with egg and butter. Beat nicely with a whisk. Dispense egg mixture into flour mixture, and mix well. (I use my hands and a fork, but whatever works for you.)

Then I do the peeling and coring and slicing of apples (I do them last so they are less likely to brown). I put them in a bowl. Once those are done, I put in the sugar and nutmeg, and stir.

Once the apples are mixed I put them in a 9x13 pan. Then I use my hands to sprinkle the flour mixture on top. Put in the oven and cook 30-40 mins or until top is golden brown.

Ads by Google:

So last night, in an attempt to prove that I can make an apple something dessert, I looked up a recipe for apple crisp and then altered it to be gluten-free. (And I added a couple ingredients too) You guys probably have a recipe similar to this if not the same, but I wanted to share anyway.

6 Granny Smith apples.

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp nutmeg

1 1/2 cups flour mix of your choosing (I used pamela's baking and pancake mix, as I am too lazy to make my own mix and I can't buy many flours in bulk at the moment.)

Just over a cup of white sugar (1 and 1/8 cup)

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Just over a 1/4 tsp salt (its like 3/8 tsp)

two eggs

3 tbs butter melted.

A dash of vanilla

Preheat oven to 375.

I start by melting the butter in a bowl in the microwave (or however you choose to do it.) And while that is melting I combine the flour, white sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Mix those dry ingredients together. Then when the butter is melted, I crack the two eggs into the melted butter and then put a dash of vanilla in with egg and butter. Beat nicely with a whisk. Dispense egg mixture into flour mixture, and mix well. (I use my hands and a fork, but whatever works for you.)

Then I do the peeling and coring and slicing of apples (I do them last so they are less likely to brown). I put them in a bowl. Once those are done, I put in the sugar and nutmeg, and stir.

Once the apples are mixed I put them in a 9x13 pan. Then I use my hands to sprinkle the flour mixture on top. Put in the oven and cook 30-40 mins or until top is golden brown.

Yum! Not bad for a 2 square foot kitchen! I have been wanting to do something like this but too lazy to try to figure it out myself.

hahaha, you wouldn't believe some of the things I have pulled off in my tiny kitchen (oh yeah, like my thanksgiving dinner I made... I am still in shock how I pulled that off)

Seriously though, it is a delicious recipe, and I highly recommend trying it. It really is simple for lazy folk like myself... laugh.gif