This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Favorite Sports

KaitiUSA

What's your favorite sport  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I'm interested to know what sports you all like and what teams you like

I like to watch:

NASCAR:Kyle Busch(rookie), Jimmy Johnson

Softball

Baseball:Orioles

Football:Ravens, Patriots

Volleyball

Basketball:Wizards, MD Terps(college)

Tennis:Andy Roddick

Darn I forgot to add Volleyball to the poll! I knew I forgot something...

I forgot yoga too...too many sports and not enough room

I like to do:

Softball

Track

Basketball

Tennis

Swimming

Yoga

Volleyball

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac3270 Collaborator

Ice hockey. I was miserable with the NHL lockout. Other than that...I pretty much like most else. I love skiing and tennis..... basketball, soccer, lacrosse, running are good...I'm too small to play real football, but I like touch. Umm...not a fan of Nascar, golf, etc.

Oh, sports teams:

Hockey: I've been a loyal Ranger fan since the ripe age of three and a half, but face it: they stink! I like the Colorado Avalanche, the New Jersey Devils are okay, too. Not the Islanders...that's like the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry of hockey (Rangers-Islanders)-- a number of fights are guaranteed whenever they play each other.

Baseball: I'm a Red Sox fan from NY, lol. I find the Yankees to be...too self-assured and Derek Jeter, in my humble opinion and contrary to that of most others, is very arrogant...I get that perception just from the way he stands with a smug look on his face all the time. I guess I also resent them for having such a large payroll. The president makes about $400,000 a year to lead a country and Alex Rodriguez gets 252 million for 10 years. That means that A-rod is getting paid 25.2 million annually or 63 times the salary of the President of the United States to swing a chunk of wood and throw a ball. How pathetic is that? I think the Red Sox come across as a more down to earth team and anyone who opposes the Yankees is good.

Football: I'm not a huge fan of any team. I like the Jets better than the Giants...but if one of them gets eliminated, I'll root for the other. I like the Patriots and I sort of like the Colts because they have part of my name, lol. :lol:

Basketball: Again, no single team. I like to watch it, but who I want to win varies.

Tennis, Skiing, Lacrosse, Running, Soccer: No team and I rarely watch any of these, except sometimes tennis. I just like to play them.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I voted for soccer. I play soccer so I am kind of biased ;)

To watch on TV...

I love to watch hockey! I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan! celiac3270, I was also disappoited with the NHL lockout! I don't really watch many other sports on tv. I'll watch the Superbowl once a year and golf or curling once in a while but that's pretty much it!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Baseball: I'm a Red Sox fan from NY, lol. I find the Yankees to be...too self-assured and Derek Jeter, in my humble opinion and contrary to that of most others, is very arrogant...I get that perception just from the way he stands with a smug look on his face all the time. I guess I also resent them for having such a large payroll. The president makes about $400,000 a year to lead a country and Alex Rodriguez gets 252 million for 10 years. That means that A-rod is getting paid 25.2 million annually or 63 times the salary of the President of the United States to swing a chunk of wood and throw a ball. How pathetic is that? I think the Red Sox come across as a more down to earth team and anyone who opposes the Yankees is good.

Yep, the salaries of these sports players are insane. The high salaries should be going to the people in the military and the people who help keep this country safe. And the Presidents to get so little money for all they do compared to people who do so much less for so much more. Something doesn't add up to me. <_<

jenvan Collaborator

Basketball favorite to watch--Pacers & Spurs

Fav baseball team--Reds

I'm not a huge sports fan really...but my husband is hard-core sports. ESPN is on all the time !

ianm Apprentice

My son is into martial arts (To-Shin-Do) and will have his black belt in about 18 months. He just might be the youngest one to get one too so I am biased about that. Outside of that I don't have any interest in professional or team type sports.

celiac3270 Collaborator
Yep, the salaries of these sports players are insane. The high salaries should be going to the people in the military and the people who help keep this country safe. And the Presidents to get so little money for all they do compared to people who do so much less for so much more. Something doesn't add up to me.  <_<

Bush (or another President) would have to hold the position for 630 years to get the salary that Rodriguez gets in ten (assuming the salary doesn't go up). Or, to put it in perspective, 63 years to earn what A-rod gets in one. That's pathetic. That's my primarily qualm with many of these sports. And while nearly all athletes are overpaid, I think hockey is much, much better...still outrageous at times, but in comparison to baseball, decent.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I put down what my favorite sport to DO is. I'm not a big fan of watching track, but I love running. As for watching... I *used* to be a basketball fan, but then the Lakers tanked it, and they're just not so fun to watch anymore. (I tried, really I did.) So, these days, I mostly watch european soccer, since that's what my husband records non-stop on the TiVo. ;-)

rmmadden Contributor

Huge Baseball fan......GO TRIBE! (I also like the Cubbies).

College Football = OU Bobcats & OSU Buckeyes (Can't watch Pro Football Anymore After the Browns Left in '95....sellout jerk Modell!)

Hockey = NY Rangers (They stink but it goes along with rooting for underdogs like the Indians and Cubs).

I also enjoy playing basketball (Although I HATE Pro-Basketball), baseball & softball.

Cleveland Bob B)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yes. College football and college basketball are better than their professional counterparts. Another Ranger fan... they're terrible. I'm not asking for a Stanley Cup in only ten years--I'm just asking for a decent playoff run. <_<

cdford Contributor

BASEBALL! I love my Atlanta Braves and my son's New Georgia Bombers. I keep score for games.

For that Orioles fan out there...we miss our Javy. Take good care of him, will you.

jenvan Collaborator

Cleveland Bob-

Ah, the browns...my uncle is a dedicated, delirious Brown's fan. Truly one of his most favorite things in the world!

PS-Did I ever mention my dad's fam is all from Cleveland. My dad grew up in Middleburg Heights/Berea... :)

rmmadden Contributor

Jenvan-

Your Dad is from Middleburgh Heights, huh? I live in Parma Heights which is right next to Middleburgh/Berea.

Drop me a line if you ever come this way and my wife and I could meet you are your husband somewhere.

Cleveland Bob B)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
BASEBALL! I love my Atlanta Braves and my son's New Georgia Bombers. I keep score for games.

For that Orioles fan out there...we miss our Javy. Take good care of him, will you.

Yep, I'm sure they'll take real good care of Javy...right after he gets back from being on the diasabled list. I think I heard them say he wouldn't be back till late July-early August. He's been injured alot this year which is unfortunate for the O's..they were bitten by the injury bug

jenvan Collaborator

Bob-

Thanks for the invite! :) Not sure when I'll get out there next, but I will definitely remember to contact you if I do. My dad's sister and all of her fam/kids are still there, but after my grandma passed away a few years ago I don't get there as often... :(

mytummyhurts Contributor

I didn't vote because gymnastics wasn't on the list :(

That's my favorite sport to watch. I also like volleyball, I'm not a huge sports fan though. My husband isn't either, which makes me very happy. My sister's husband is obsessed with sports and I'm so glad mine's not.

I agree that the amount these people get paid is outrageous. But, really it's the fans that pay their salaries. So if people are willing to pay to go to the games, sometimes really expensive tickets, then they are going to get paid that much.

Same thing with movie stars, we complain about how much they get paid, but we are the ones that are paying them! :lol:

jenvan Collaborator

Hey, this is random, but has anyone ever watched the nationwide cheerleading competitions when they're on tv? They are kind-of funny, but I dig watching them in a weird way too. I mean, how the heck do those little girls get into those poses while being thrown up into the air that high??!

Guest gfinnebraska

I love all sports. I watch the Huskers play football (Nebraska passtime); Baseball I watch whomever is in the world series; Tennis my favorite is Agassi :); Track ~ I only like to watch (watched) my son who just graduated (he took first in the State in the 200m, 2nd in the 400m & 100m). I like to play racquetball, tennis, swim, hike, walk, and basically do anything fun!! :)

For the next 4+ years I will be watching my son play wide receiver for the UNO Mavericks (Omaha team). :) Bleacher bottom is a way of life for me!!! :P

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
Hey, this is random, but has anyone ever watched the nationwide cheerleading competitions when they're on tv? They are kind-of funny, but I dig watching them in a weird way too. I mean, how the heck do those little girls get into those poses while being thrown up into the air that high??!

yeah, when there is nothing else on then I watch it :lol:

It is pretty interesting to see everything they can do. One of my friends used to be a cheerleader for the MD Terps and she was one of those people that got tossed in the air because she was so tiny.. but wow how they do that I will never know

mytummyhurts Contributor

I like the cheerleading and dance competitions. But they are kind of similar to gymnastics.

cdford Contributor

We Braves fans know about that injury bug. I think we have played half of the last two seasons with rookies. We looked around at one point earlier this year and realized that Rafael Furcal was the oldest one in the infield when Julio Franco wasn't playing first!

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals and Reds are my teams. I was also a HUGE John elway fan (hence the Bronco in my name - Bux = Buckeyes, my undergrad alma mater).

I also love soccer (played since I was knee-high to a grasshopper :lol:

March Madness is great as well...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BERNESES

My favorite sport to watch is hockey- I grew up going to Bruin's games with one of the players so it's in my blood. The hockey strike this year was awful- it's the one sport that I go crazy watching. OK and I have to admit, no one out there hate me, but I do like the Red Sox. I don't like baseball but I'm proud of them. I don't care how good the Patriots are- i still hate football, sorry.

My tastes run a little off-kilter- I'd rather watch a surfing or skiing (especially moguls)competition. For myself, I like yoga, skiing, surfing, moutain biking. this is a good topic!

flagbabyds Collaborator

San Francisco Giants and Red Sox all the way!

I love to watch baseball all the time.

Donna-I'm going to the Giants vs. Braves game on wednesday.

And the Giants also know about the injury bug going around, everyone is hurt on our team too, even through I don't like Barry Bonds and think he is a jerk, he is fun to watch :)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Absolutely--go SOX!!!! It's 9-1 right now...haha... :D

And hockey is back!! We will have an '05-'06 season!

Archived