Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Favorite Sports

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your favorite sport (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite sport

1. Baseball/Softball (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

2. Basketball (3 votes [6.38%])

3. Football (3 votes [6.38%])

4. NASCAR (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

5. Soccer (7 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

6. Lacrosse (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Field Hockey/Hockey (11 votes [23.40%])

Percentage of vote: 23.40%

8. Swimming (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

9. Track/Field (5 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

10. Martial Arts/Karate (5 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:07 AM

I'm interested to know what sports you all like and what teams you like

I like to watch:
NASCAR:Kyle Busch(rookie), Jimmy Johnson
Softball
Baseball:Orioles
Football:Ravens, Patriots
Volleyball
Basketball:Wizards, MD Terps(college)
Tennis:Andy Roddick

Darn I forgot to add Volleyball to the poll! I knew I forgot something...
I forgot yoga too...too many sports and not enough room

I like to do:
Softball
Track
Basketball
Tennis
Swimming
Yoga
Volleyball
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

Ice hockey. I was miserable with the NHL lockout. Other than that...I pretty much like most else. I love skiing and tennis..... basketball, soccer, lacrosse, running are good...I'm too small to play real football, but I like touch. Umm...not a fan of Nascar, golf, etc.

Oh, sports teams:

Hockey: I've been a loyal Ranger fan since the ripe age of three and a half, but face it: they stink! I like the Colorado Avalanche, the New Jersey Devils are okay, too. Not the Islanders...that's like the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry of hockey (Rangers-Islanders)-- a number of fights are guaranteed whenever they play each other.

Baseball: I'm a Red Sox fan from NY, lol. I find the Yankees to be...too self-assured and Derek Jeter, in my humble opinion and contrary to that of most others, is very arrogant...I get that perception just from the way he stands with a smug look on his face all the time. I guess I also resent them for having such a large payroll. The president makes about $400,000 a year to lead a country and Alex Rodriguez gets 252 million for 10 years. That means that A-rod is getting paid 25.2 million annually or 63 times the salary of the President of the United States to swing a chunk of wood and throw a ball. How pathetic is that? I think the Red Sox come across as a more down to earth team and anyone who opposes the Yankees is good.

Football: I'm not a huge fan of any team. I like the Jets better than the Giants...but if one of them gets eliminated, I'll root for the other. I like the Patriots and I sort of like the Colts because they have part of my name, lol. :lol:

Basketball: Again, no single team. I like to watch it, but who I want to win varies.

Tennis, Skiing, Lacrosse, Running, Soccer: No team and I rarely watch any of these, except sometimes tennis. I just like to play them.

#3 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:34 AM

I voted for soccer. I play soccer so I am kind of biased ;)

To watch on TV...
I love to watch hockey! I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan! celiac3270, I was also disappoited with the NHL lockout! I don't really watch many other sports on tv. I'll watch the Superbowl once a year and golf or curling once in a while but that's pretty much it!
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:39 AM

Baseball: I'm a Red Sox fan from NY, lol. I find the Yankees to be...too self-assured and Derek Jeter, in my humble opinion and contrary to that of most others, is very arrogant...I get that perception just from the way he stands with a smug look on his face all the time. I guess I also resent them for having such a large payroll. The president makes about $400,000 a year to lead a country and Alex Rodriguez gets 252 million for 10 years. That means that A-rod is getting paid 25.2 million annually or 63 times the salary of the President of the United States to swing a chunk of wood and throw a ball. How pathetic is that? I think the Red Sox come across as a more down to earth team and anyone who opposes the Yankees is good.

Yep, the salaries of these sports players are insane. The high salaries should be going to the people in the military and the people who help keep this country safe. And the Presidents to get so little money for all they do compared to people who do so much less for so much more. Something doesn't add up to me. <_<
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

#5 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

Basketball favorite to watch--Pacers & Spurs
Fav baseball team--Reds

I'm not a huge sports fan really...but my husband is hard-core sports. ESPN is on all the time !
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#6 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:31 AM

My son is into martial arts (To-Shin-Do) and will have his black belt in about 18 months. He just might be the youngest one to get one too so I am biased about that. Outside of that I don't have any interest in professional or team type sports.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#7 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

Yep, the salaries of these sports players are insane. The high salaries should be going to the people in the military and the people who help keep this country safe. And the Presidents to get so little money for all they do compared to people who do so much less for so much more. Something doesn't add up to me.  <_<

Bush (or another President) would have to hold the position for 630 years to get the salary that Rodriguez gets in ten (assuming the salary doesn't go up). Or, to put it in perspective, 63 years to earn what A-rod gets in one. That's pathetic. That's my primarily qualm with many of these sports. And while nearly all athletes are overpaid, I think hockey is much, much better...still outrageous at times, but in comparison to baseball, decent.

#8 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

I put down what my favorite sport to DO is. I'm not a big fan of watching track, but I love running. As for watching... I *used* to be a basketball fan, but then the Lakers tanked it, and they're just not so fun to watch anymore. (I tried, really I did.) So, these days, I mostly watch european soccer, since that's what my husband records non-stop on the TiVo. ;-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#9 rmmadden

rmmadden

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

Huge Baseball fan......GO TRIBE! (I also like the Cubbies).

College Football = OU Bobcats & OSU Buckeyes (Can't watch Pro Football Anymore After the Browns Left in '95....sellout jerk Modell!)

Hockey = NY Rangers (They stink but it goes along with rooting for underdogs like the Indians and Cubs).

I also enjoy playing basketball (Although I HATE Pro-Basketball), baseball & softball.

Cleveland Bob B)
"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....
gluten-free Since December 2004.....
Soy Intolerant August 2007......

#10 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Yes. College football and college basketball are better than their professional counterparts. Another Ranger fan... they're terrible. I'm not asking for a Stanley Cup in only ten years--I'm just asking for a decent playoff run. <_<

#11 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:48 AM

BASEBALL! I love my Atlanta Braves and my son's New Georgia Bombers. I keep score for games.

For that Orioles fan out there...we miss our Javy. Take good care of him, will you.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#12 jenvan

jenvan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

Cleveland Bob-

Ah, the browns...my uncle is a dedicated, delirious Brown's fan. Truly one of his most favorite things in the world!

PS-Did I ever mention my dad's fam is all from Cleveland. My dad grew up in Middleburg Heights/Berea... :)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

#13 rmmadden

rmmadden

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

Jenvan-

Your Dad is from Middleburgh Heights, huh? I live in Parma Heights which is right next to Middleburgh/Berea.

Drop me a line if you ever come this way and my wife and I could meet you are your husband somewhere.

Cleveland Bob B)
"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....
gluten-free Since December 2004.....
Soy Intolerant August 2007......

#14 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:04 AM

BASEBALL! I love my Atlanta Braves and my son's New Georgia Bombers. I keep score for games.

For that Orioles fan out there...we miss our Javy. Take good care of him, will you.

Yep, I'm sure they'll take real good care of Javy...right after he gets back from being on the diasabled list. I think I heard them say he wouldn't be back till late July-early August. He's been injured alot this year which is unfortunate for the O's..they were bitten by the injury bug
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

#15 jenvan

jenvan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

Bob-
Thanks for the invite! :) Not sure when I'll get out there next, but I will definitely remember to contact you if I do. My dad's sister and all of her fam/kids are still there, but after my grandma passed away a few years ago I don't get there as often... :(
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: