This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Favorite Sports

KaitiUSA

What's your favorite sport  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

celiac3270-

It's 17-1 Sox in the 8th inning!!! Isn't it great! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nevadan Contributor

Couldn't tell if the original question was re favorite sport to observe or do. I'm not much of a sports observer at all, but I love biking. Last year I did 2000 miles - hope to do more this year.

George

celiac3270 Collaborator

17-1 final score...and Baltimore won, as well-- it would ideal to have Boston or Baltimore take the division and the other take the wild card--can you imagine? Boston wins one year, Yankees don't even make the playoffs the next.

Nadtorious Rookie

I'm not too big on TV, but I like to watch snow, skate, and bmx videos, and of course mountain bike flicks. Basketball and hockey are o.k. to watch, but I'd much rather be out doing something than watching t.v. (no offense guys!)

As far as my favorite sport, it's downhill mountain biking by far. I just spent the last three days out at Keystone resort in Colorado and I am beat today!

Fun topic!

Nadia

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
I'd much rather be out doing something than watching t.v.

I agree I would much rather be out there doing something. I don't watch much tv but I have to say I have to see my Nascar races every week :D

I'm a big multitasker so if I am at home and have to sit there and study or be on the computer I will turn on the tv too..so that way many things get accomplished :lol:

Carriefaith Enthusiast
As far as my favorite sport, it's downhill mountain biking by far. I just spent the last three days out at Keystone resort in Colorado and I am beat today!
Wow that sounds like fun! I've always wanted to try mountain biking but there are no mountains where I live ;)
  • 2 weeks later...
PicturePerfect Explorer

I love to watch ANY sport, but I LOVE to play basketball!!! It is so fast-paced, so I can't think of any of my problems or stomach aches *haha*.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I am into water polo. It is the gratest sport ever invented. It wasn't on there so I voted for swimming because it is a great sport, too.

kabowman Explorer

I was the lone football vote but I equally love hockey. Last year was horrible, hopefully we will get to see some on TV this year, since they lost their contract with ESPN! I am sure they have to start showing some games at least.

Go Colts! (and Dophins because I grew up in Miami, even though they really stink right now)

Go Av's!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I'm surprised Football wasn't voted for more. I love Football but can't beat NASCAR in my book :D

Nadtorious Rookie

celiac3270 Collaborator

Can you believe what just happened in baseball? Rafael Palmeiro...jeez...steroids are becoming a huge problem!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I know!!! Mr " I never took steroids in my life" gets suspended. I thought something was up when he was doing nothing for a while and then started doing really good. He says it was just an accident :lol: RIIIGGHHTTT

scotia Newbie

I teach kids Soccer, in our local community, and I used to teach kayaking.

I still get out in my kayak whenever I can.

I ride a mountain bike, but not off road anymore, and I enjoy teaching people how to paddle properly and commune with seals, eagles, and sea otters (if you're lucky) when you're out paddling in the local waters.

No matter what sport it is, if you're into it, that's all that counts.

Have a Great Summer.

Enjoy everybody!!!

Scotia

celiac3270 Collaborator

I know. They keep replaying that tape of him speaking to congress and going "I have never taken sterioids" on ESPN. He goes from saying "NO WAY" to the allegations to..."maybe it happened accidentally" to "I made a mistake" (is that an admission of guilt)?

Guest gliX

Too bad this is my last week interning in Congress I would've went to his hearings. Awwwwww.

Congressman Davis is holding hearings to see if he lied in March..

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

He lied...and under oath too. Everyone knows it too. I bet more people in baseball use steroids. Think about it...they only do urine tests though..alot of the guys inject right into the blood stream and alot of the time just won't show in the urine tests. I bet if they did blood samples then things would be different and the whole MLB would likely be suspended.

Just look at Sammy Sosa...I think his arm size decreased by a good 6 inches this year since he got off steroids. He's not doing good at all either.

They have made a mockery of these baseball "rules"

• 1 year later...
DawnS Rookie

Carolina Hurricanes Hockey!! (even if it is referred to as Redneck Hockey by the rest of the NHL) First season game is next week :D:D

I too must admit to enjoying the cheerleading competitions. I guess that's why I have this terrible habit of stopping on whatever channel is showing the movie "Bring it On" ;-)

My favorite to play growing up was softball. It's been years, but I'm working towards being able to play again. I'm hoping next summer to join the church league.

Ursa Major Collaborator

I don't like to watch any sports (unless one of my kids or son-in-laws is playing). But I love to play table tennis (NOT ping-pong, there is a difference!).

num1habsfan Rising Star

I Lovveeeeeeee Hockey (doesnt my signature and user pic give that away? :lol:) I swear its what I live my life for. I pay more attention to it than anything else in my life, even more than guys themselves :P

I like my MLB too (but only follow the Blue Jays)

I LOVE CFL football now (finally got into it a couple years ago, now i'm obsessed) .. gotta cheer on my Saskatchewan Roughriders!

I watch golf...

I love watching curling...

~ lisa ~

Green12 Enthusiast

I'm a huge sports fan!

I love watching football and hockey regularly.

The teams I follow are Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, and the Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche.

I always watch tournaments/playoffs/championships of most every sport, i.e. World Series, March Madness

And I love watching the Olympics, summer and winter.

Also ice skating, competition or exhibition.

Guest ~jules~

I watch the foosball~ lol, sorry football........

College preffered GO DUCKS!!!!

Hence our natural attraction to Miami this year(although they suck, along with my team Green Bay)

I used to like basketball back in the day when my Blazers were kickin butt, now they are the Portland "Jailblazers" and make me sick :(

I played softball in school, like to play volleyball

Is pool a sport? well if so, I love to shoot pool so much I bought my own table.... :D

corinne Apprentice

Participating -rockclimbing, mountaineering (is that a sport??), trail running, skiing (downhill, cross-country, randonee, tele). Why did I move to California 3 hours from the nearest snow?

Watching - hockey (Flames), figure skating, gymnastics, diving.

Kody Rookie

Basketball. L.A. Lakers.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Let's Go, Yank-ees!

Archived