2 replies to this topic

#1 TPT

TPT

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

For those that aren't aware, this company sells their crust to pizzarias. You can also order the crusts online. I got my first gluten-free pizzaria pizza. It was decent, not great. Keep in mind that they do their own sauce and cheese.

I guess being from NJ, I am spoiled when it comes to pizza. We have it good here!!

Have any of you ordered the crusts or eaten it at a pizza place? What were your thoughts? I found another place close by and may try it there next.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

We had it several months ago at Mello Mushroom. My son loved his pizza. Mine, not so much. My crust was thicker than his and felt like a brick in my stomach :blink:
I have been able to tolerate the glutino pizza crusts. We make pepperoni bread sticks out of them and dip them in sauce, that way the crust doesn't get soggy.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#3 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

While not quite the same thing, it's much better than sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself that you aren't eating pizza out anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: