8 replies to this topic

#1 BeHappy!

BeHappy!

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

So now her BMs have been pretty normal(she never had a normal BM in her life. It was always either diarrhea or constipated.)They finally sink, but they're a funny color green....normal?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 piglips82

piglips82

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

My kids have the same thing happening. I was wondering as well if this was normal.

#3 FooGirlsMom

FooGirlsMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

The color of the BM is usually directly affected by the foods they eat. Been eating a lot of green veggies? That'll do it.

FooGirlsMom
When I saw this photo, I thought it truly represented my life prior to being gluten-free. It was like being rooted in place trying to survive a Category 5. Now that I am gluten-free, I feel like I just might make it :)

#4 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

Have they been eating fruity pebbles? For some reason, I guess it is all the colors, that cereal would do it to us every time.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#5 piglips82

piglips82

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

My kids don't eat Fruity Pebbles. I haven't noticed green veggies affecting it either. I'm stumped. But thanks for the suggestions! :o)

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

How old is she? What is she eating? (The answer for EBF'ed babies would be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance (relative overload of lactose) as the most likely cause. It also happens when a young baby is fighting a virus.)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#7 BeHappy!

BeHappy!

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

She is 3 yrs old. She hasn't been eating anything green (her stomach doesn't handle veggies well...)she mainly eats brown rice pasta, rice bread, gluten-free cookies, soy cheese, eggs, soy milk, and rice chex.

#8 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

Green can also be excess bile. You could try cutting out some of the foods she eats and see if it changes (almond milk instead of soy, corn instead of rice - that sort of thing).
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#9 Tay Tay's Momma

Tay Tay's Momma

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

She is 3 yrs old. She hasn't been eating anything green (her stomach doesn't handle veggies well...)she mainly eats brown rice pasta, rice bread, gluten-free cookies, soy cheese, eggs, soy milk, and rice chex.

What does she drink? Does she eat popcycles? When Taylor was in the hospital he ate tons of green popcycles and had lots of green showing up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: