3 replies to this topic

#1 TPT

TPT

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

I originally went to a dermatologist because of rashes. After putting a few puzzle pieces together, we decided to test for celiac. The derm feels my results are negative, though I do have an elevated ttg IgG level. My GI symptoms were never awful, and have really cleared up on a 10 day or so gluten-free diet. Other possible symptoms include tingling in hands and feet, along with many other possible auto immune symptoms.

So, given my test results and my symptoms, what kind of doctor do I see? If it's not celiac, I feel something isn't right. Do I go to a GI? A neorologist? What type of doc generally sees autoimmune patients?

I am still awaiting patch testing by the dermatologist.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 TPT

TPT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

I should add that I faxed my blood work to my GP, and I was called and told he couldn't comment because it's not his area of expertise.

#3 Emilushka

Emilushka

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'd try the GI doc next.

#4 Luddie

Luddie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

I originally went to a dermatologist because of rashes. After putting a few puzzle pieces together, we decided to test for celiac. The derm feels my results are negative, though I do have an elevated ttg IgG level. My GI symptoms were never awful, and have really cleared up on a 10 day or so gluten-free diet. Other possible symptoms include tingling in hands and feet, along with many other possible auto immune symptoms.

So, given my test results and my symptoms, what kind of doctor do I see? If it's not celiac, I feel something isn't right. Do I go to a GI? A neorologist? What type of doc generally sees autoimmune patients?

I am still awaiting patch testing by the dermatologist.

My MD works in a regular setting but his practice is part of an "Integrative Medicine" practice. So, maybe look for that sort of practice and ask the receptionist or intake person which one(s) of the doctors work with nutrition and autoimmune problems. Also see if the practice has a nutritionist on staff (who knows about Celiac Disease!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: