5 replies to this topic

#1 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:04 PM

Next weekend I am going to a spanish emergin camp for the weekend and this will be the first time my parents won't be able to talk to the chefs because they don't speak a word of spanish :). I was just wondering how I could pack enough food and I am only in 8th grd. so i don't know a huge amout of spanish and I am scared that if i get sick then i will have to go home any ideas for good foods that don't have to be refrigerated>?!~!

I have live w/ celiac disease since 20 mnths so I know what i can and can't eat but talking to a chef in a different language will be tough. I am also going to Mexico with my spanish class this summer for 2 wks so i need help with that too
Molly

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Disturbed_*

Guest_Disturbed_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:10 PM

Maybe it would be a good idea to bring your own skillets and cookware and such, if possible....I am sure that if you were to check that they will be using Cast Iron skillets which retain bits of all that has been cooked on them. Also I will see if I can get a thing on the celiacs warning card, but you might try typing in something to warn them on one of these translator sites. Babelvista is one I believe...

Do not be too worried though, stress and worry are never good for anyone much less for someone who is already having to be cautious.

Good Luck,
Disturbed

#3 Guest_Disturbed_*

Guest_Disturbed_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

I have been diagnosed with celiacs disease and cannot come in contact with wheat,rye,or barley or any products.

Me han diagnosticado con enfermedad de los celiacs y no puedo venir en
contacto con trigo, centeno, o cebada o ningunos productos.

Hope it helps,
Disturbed

#4 Guest_Stepha_*

Guest_Stepha_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:28 PM

If you have a Spanish class at your school ask a teacher for help with the translation. Sometimes those sites don't translate correctly. But after you get help with a translation put it on the computer and print many out and hand them to the waiter.

Don't forget

Por favor (please)
and Gracias (thank you)

Have fun

Stepha

#5 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:46 PM

i had a lot of fun at camp and food was completely fine.. it turned out that the kitchen staff didn't speak spanish so that made it a lot easier
Molly

#6 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

I'm so glad it turned out well for you! I hope you had fun while you were there!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: