Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Acne Products?

11 posts in this topic

*Sigh* I've developed some semi-serious acne again, and my skin hasn't been this bad since going gluten-free. Currently, I use Clearsil Daily Face wash and Neutrogena's Rapid Clear acne gel, which are both gluten-free. Obviously, neither one are doing that much to help. Anyone use an acne wash/cream/medication that works well and is gluten-free?

Thanks for any help!

Ads by Google:

Clearasil Total Control and Clearasil vanishing cream work really well for me. Their daily face wash makes me break out.

Burts Bees has a blemish stick that also has worked well in the past for me

The only acne type products I've cked on our what you mentioned--Clearsil's total control and original blue line products. Acne stinks !! Hope it clears up fast for you!

oh, and I meant to say both lines are gluten-free. but you prbly know that one already!

Thanks for your help! I looked on Clearasil's website and found the vanishing cream, but I can't find the Total Control products, only the original blue products and the new Ultra products. Are the Total Control products a face wash?

No...it is a cream like the vanishing cream and its their total control line rather then the original line...go to clearasiltotalcontrol.com

My daughter has used Proactiv - which is available online - all of their products are gluten free and work really well.

I wondered about proactiv... have a friend on it now, and it is helping her severe acne...

If you wind up going to the dermatologist for it, both Differin and Clindamycin gels are gluten-free.

I tried Proactiv for a while a few years back..it was good at first but then it made me break out

So Proactive is gluten-free? I contacted them about it (about 3-4 months ago), and they said they couldn't guarantee it (but it may have been a CYA statement).

Thanks for all the tips, and thanks for the pointer on the Total Control. I hate having acne, and if it doesn't get better, I will head to the dermatologist, so thanks, Donna, for the heads up on the prescription gels. Stupid acne! I was basically blemish free as a teenager, and now that I'm heading into my late twenties, it's acne city, and now I have these awful scars, too. Arghh!!!