Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Poll: gluten-free Diet - Easy Or Hard

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: GF Diet: Easy or Hard, Broken Down by Years on Diet (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Select one of the following statements that is closest to being true for you:

1. The gluten-free diet is relatively easy and I have been gluten free for more than three years. (18 votes [23.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

2. The gluten-free diet is relatively easy and I have been gluten free for more than one year but less than three years. (13 votes [17.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

3. The gluten-free diet is relatively easy and I have been gluten free for less than one year. (20 votes [26.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. The gluten-free diet is relatively hard and I have been gluten free for more than three years. (4 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

5. The gluten-free diet is relatively hard and I have been gluten free for more than one year but less than three years. (5 votes [6.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

6. The gluten-free diet is relatively hard and I have been gluten free for less than one year. (16 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 cO_ol

cO_ol

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

It's been a month and a half and it's hard for me because I am still learning how to cook and even how to eat. I live with gluten-eaters which makes life a little harder. I have a feeling I'm being CC'd by stuff, and I'm learning how to deal with that still. I have a lot of ups and downs which impacts my desire to cook, which I have to do so much more of (I did want to cook tonight, and made some very tasty chicken). My dad is an amazing cook and my mom is competent so I have good cooking genes at least :P (and my stuff usually turns out pretty good yay).

It does get easier though, it looks like. I made myself a "Gluten Free Notebook" so I can document the cookware I need to buy, steps to eliminate CC, supplements, etc. and also document my progress with the diet. I think it'll help (plus I get to give into my office/school supply fetish, lol).
Docs said it was depression, which was in my case code for, "It's all in your head."
I replied (in my head, alas) with expletives that I don't think are allowed on here. xD
Self-dx'd Celiac just beginning my very bumpy gluten-free journey. My healing process is looking a lot like my deterioration was (rather non-linear)...
Praise be unto the (gluten-free, vegan) Flying Spaghetti Monster for the folks who worked so hard to raise awareness (and Internet to access it)! Y'all saved me decades of suffering most likely. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 julandjo

julandjo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

I just wanted to say how extremely sorry I am for you. I can't imagine what it must be like to be able to eat only 9 foods. I pray that it gets easier for you and your little sweeties. Gosh, I hope it does. Do you think as you start healing you will be able to introduce different foods?

Oh, thank you for your sympathy. It's great to be able to vent to people who get it. Nobody in my real life does, and that makes it even harder. I had a friend over this weekend who looked at my list of foods and said "Oh that's not bad at all! That's a lot of food - you can do all kinds of stuff with that!" I said that that's literally ALL I GET. For a week or so it's no big deal, but long-term it's become a huge source of grief for me. She shrugged her shoulders and said "you're overreacting, it's no big deal" as she chomped on cookies and pizza. I could have punched her. It really, really hurt to get such a flippant attitude about my personal hell, you know?

I hope and pray that this is just a matter of healing time, too. I do a lot of praying and that's getting me through. For now, ha!
Dx'd with Celiac June 2010 via positive biopsy. I got tested because both of my kids (3 and 5 years old) have multiple food intolerances, with gluten being the worst offender.

Free of: grains, dairy, soy, legumes, nightshades, nuts, fish, eggs, pork, citrus and tropical fruits (latex allergy), stone fruits, melons, squash, strawberries, flax, cruciferous veggies and celery.

Yes, I'm HUNGRY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: