15 replies to this topic

#16 in the middle

in the middle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I came here looking for answers and have found some interesting things posted here. First I should mention that my GI doc's diagnosis is IBS. However, I was on a gluten free diet for about 2 weeks before tests were done. I was so sick that I could not bring myself to eat ANY gluten/wheat even just long enough to do the tests. I have 3 sisters and 1 aunt that are confirmed with celiac. We also suspect my father has it but he won't listen to us. You know how men can be bless their hearts! Anyway I've been gluten free now for 7 months and the tummy is much better. My biggest problem now is pain in my muscles. Stinging, shooting, tingling, weird pains mostly in my upper body and some in my scalp and even in my tongue! Someone mentioned that maybe I was going through detox since I had been eating wheat for so many years, 52 to be exact. I didn't know if anyone here has experienced these type problems after going gluten free. The doctors I've seen are not very helpful. I think they've written me off as a lunatic. I'm really too busy to be a lunatic! I just need to be well and get on with everything else. I've been really good on my diet, mainly because my grandson who lives with me seems to have the same problem. I really want to help him more than myself. I cook most everything from scratch and am label reader so nothing slips by me. I'm trying so hard...I just want to get better!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: