3 replies to this topic

#1 RideAllWays

RideAllWays

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hey guys so over Christmas I'll be heading down to Bellingham, let's hear you Americans' favourite products! I was thinking on stocking up on:

Chex
A Betty Crocker mix or two
Some type of protein bar? I used to get ThinkThin from Trader Joe's but couldn't find them last time I went down..

Any suggestions would be great. I'd also like to try maybe a restaurant down there (so sad the PF Chang's isn't until Seattle.. :( ). Anybody know if there is an in-n-out or a five-guys (I think that's the name..) where I could try fries?

Also, we have Udi's in Canada now (exciting, eh) so I don't need to look for that!

Thanks guys :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plumbago

plumbago

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

I'm mostly eating veggies, a meat, and rice, so I don't know much about processed gluten-free foods, but I do know that Crunchmaster makes a most excellent little cracker in a couple different flavors. Olive oil and rosemary is fantastic. They're great to put toppings on. I highly recommend them. Personally, I much prefer Pam's to the Bob's brand for my pancake mix. I haven't really found a good gluten-free cookie. There's a little lemon wafer that's ok. Can't remember who makes them, but they're pricey. And I have not found a good gluten-free bread. I've tried a couple of different brands, including Udi's. They're just such a poor substitute IMO. Amy's makes good frozen foods, but you gotta figure out which dishes are good, b/c there are some real duds.

PF Chang's mini chocolate mousse rocks. It's my favorite dessert.

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Not sure what you get up there north of the border, but I always stock on on Larabars, and Enjoy Life soy free choc chips, and all the different flours (got coconut flour last time, teff the year before) cheap xanthan gum, (was going to try to bring back dried egg whites this year until the salmonella outbreak scotched that thought of going through Ag inspection :o - I have enough problems with what I bring back anyway :lol: ), just basically all the products I can't get down here that are legal to bring in (and don't weigh a ton on the plane).
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,003 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, if you like it. The version sold in the US is gluten-free, and is even labeled as such. The one made under licence in Canada has "malt vinegar (from barley)" as the first ingredient.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: