Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Postive Test, Is This Serious

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

There are over 200 symptoms with celiac and some people don't even get symptoms. Everyone also differs in symptoms. One of the most common symptoms is fatigue though.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 egardner

egardner

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

My symptoms were : constipation as a child, lactose intolerance, soy allergies, diarrhea, weight gain, achy pains all the time, headaches, nausea, vomiting=(sometimes) constant rashes, mouth sores, anemia, brain fog and concentration problems, fatigue, acid reflux, and serious infections (nasal, sinus, strep, mono, you name it) I have had it all along and been misdiagnosed my whole life. Symptoms are changing with the times, and a wide. Weight gain used to not be associated, turns out loss/ gain ratio in patients is like 50-50. Symptoms can be random and are a little different in everyone, which is why it is so hard to diagnose. I fit is positive, embrace it, at least you know what causes the problems and dont need drugs to fix it. We will help you understand what you need to know and do, everyone helped me out when I was a newbie, and life is so much better now!

#18 tlcmel

tlcmel

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

Thanks soooo much guys!
Is Barbara's corn puffs gluten free(health food store) it says wheat free on it? That's my last question for now, lol, thanks everyone!

#19 egardner

egardner

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

Not sure if they are but make sure you check things that say wheat free, wheat is a common allergen, like eggs, and a lot of products are wheat free but NOT gluten free! Be careful, I learned the ahrd one on that one!

#20 tlcmel

tlcmel

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

Okay thank you.
One more question, where do I find the at home test to know about this FOR SURE?? thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: