This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cheesecake Factory

ChemistMama

ChemistMama Contributor

My mom asked to go to the Cheesecake Factory for her B-day next week. Last year I went and had a plain but good (=didn't get sick) meal, but I wanted to know if anyone had been there recently. (FYI last time I had the Thai lettuce wraps with no sauce on anything, it was really boring.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

Didn't I read somewhere that the Cheesecake Factory now has a gluten-free menu?

ChemistMama Contributor

OH goodness, see what you find while surfing? The hidden cheesecake factory allergen list. :)

Open Original Shared Link

celiac-mommy Collaborator

We have. DD usually gets fruit and an omelet. No complaints from her, but she's 9 ;)

Darissa Contributor

The Godiva Choclate Cheesecake was gluten free as of 3 months ago. Thats all we ordered. It was good, and my daughter and I did not get sick. Very rich, very chocolatey. My daughter thought it was too rich, but I enjoyed it! They said when we were there that they were working on a gluten free menu, but didn't have one at the time. They thought it would be out by the end of the year is what we were told. We were there in Sept. 2010.

ChemistMama Contributor

The Godiva Choclate Cheesecake was gluten free as of 3 months ago. Thats all we ordered. It was good, and my daughter and I did not get sick. Very rich, very chocolatey. My daughter thought it was too rich, but I enjoyed it! They said when we were there that they were working on a gluten free menu, but didn't have one at the time. They thought it would be out by the end of the year is what we were told. We were there in Sept. 2010.

According to my link above, the Godiva chocolate cheesecake is not listed as gluten-free, but I think that's because Godiva states that all their chocolate is not gluten-free (I believe it's a CC issue, and so jas the Triumph guide's blog). I'll probably take the risk and get the cheesecake. :)

Darissa Contributor

According to my link above, the Godiva chocolate cheesecake is not listed as gluten-free, but I think that's because Godiva states that all their chocolate is not gluten-free (I believe it's a CC issue, and so jas the Triumph guide's blog). I'll probably take the risk and get the cheesecake. :)

Wow thanks for showing me that. When we visited the resturant last, they didn't have that allergan menu, but assured me that the Godiva was gluten-free. We ate it, and didn't get sick, and normally we are very sensitive to CC. I'm glad to know that its not considered gluten-free now. I do want to try Red Lobsters gluten free crustless cheesecake. It is a white cheesecake, my favorite. Thanks for pointing that out about the one at Cheesecake factory.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

finally diagnosed Apprentice

Wow thanks for showing me that. When we visited the resturant last, they didn't have that allergan menu, but assured me that the Godiva was gluten-free. We ate it, and didn't get sick, and normally we are very sensitive to CC. I'm glad to know that its not considered gluten-free now. I do want to try Red Lobsters gluten free crustless cheesecake. It is a white cheesecake, my favorite. Thanks for pointing that out about the one at Cheesecake factory.

I was just at the Cheesecake factory in Burlington,Ma last week w/daughter, the hostess told me they do not have a gluten free menu and i could safely have a salad w/plain chicken (boring) but i ordered it anyway... I thought they had a gluten free cheesecake and other stuff... my take was it was a busy lunch, in the mall, christmas shoppers and she didn't want to help....

• 3 weeks later...
bincongo Contributor

I am going to San Fran in March and I am hoping that I can have the Godiva cheesecake because it is my favorite. Is it a CC issue because of cutting it at the resturant or because Godiva says it isn't gluten free anymore? We don't have a Cneesecake Factory where I live so I am really looking forward to having my cheesecake.

By the way the cheesecake at Red Lobster is very good too. It doesn't have a crust.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

My friend had a recent experience with Cheesecake Factory that was not gluten related. They served his wife shards of glass in her food, but still made him pay for it and didn't comp him anything. He's contacted corproate three times and they have not responded.

Gluten free status aside, this doesn't seem like a place I'd want to eat in general! (p.s. the location was in Atlanta).

kareng Grand Master

I would be afraid to eat there. I ate at one 2 times pre- gluten-free and each time the orders were wrong - no chicken on a chicken something salad, cheese on a burger we made a fuss about kid hates cheese, no pecans on the chicken pecan salad, etc. Not particullary good food, just large amounts. The cheesecakes are good, not great.

ChemistMama Contributor

I wanted to post an update, I didn't end up going to CF because there was a snow/ice storm and we would have had to drive through it for an hour. Just FYI, the last time I was there I had the thai chicken lettuce wraps, which are fine as long as you ask for grilled chicken and no side sauces (the coconut sauce on the noodles is fine, and acc. to the list I linked to above maybe you can add a salad dressing so it isn't so boring). I usually stay away from places like this anyways.

brendygirl Community Regular

I was at the one in Ft. Lauderdale in Dec. 2010, and they said they were working on a gluten-free menu. So, I had a salad.

It was funny because my boyfriend's mother insisted on eating there and I had a beautiful and delicious fruit smoothie and a salad--which seemed to make her feel guilty when her giant sandwich arrived with gargantuan pieces of butter-laden bread on them. She's a small person and the next week she said she gained several pounds on the vacay.

I must admit...I felt like I was losing weight just watching her eat that thing.

It was interesting, because if her son had been along, he never would've let her insist on me eating there.

Funny how "in-laws" act so differently when you get them alone.

It makes me wonder...if we had a celiac child, how would she handle eating out with her grandchild?

Darissa Contributor

My reply 1-6-11 from Cheesecake Factory regarding gluten free menu:

Dear Ms. Perry:

Thank you for your interest in The Cheesecake Factory. At this time we do not have a separate gluten free menu. We do offer a number of dishes that are gluten free or that can be modified to be gluten free. I do encourage you to ask a server or a manager to help you choose an item that would meet your dietary needs.

I appreciate that you took the time to write to us and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Whitney Dunn

Guest Relations Representative

SaraKat Contributor

I went to the CF in Palm Beach Gardens in November and asked for a gluten-free menu, the chef came over and said that they had to pull the gluten-free menu because of an incident that happened recently. He did say to tell him what I wanted to and he would make sure it was gluten-free.

• 1 month later...
Soozie Newbie

The Cheesecake Factory is not a gluten-free friendly restaurant...they have been saying they are 'developing' a gluten-free menu for over a year..they are really not a healthy place for anyone to eat...their cheesecakes have no LESS than 2500 calories per serving...their kids menu is really full of fat and bad stuff for kids....their management has not one bit of commitment to healthy eating....

Archived