15 replies to this topic

#1 ChemistMama

ChemistMama

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

My mom asked to go to the Cheesecake Factory for her B-day next week. Last year I went and had a plain but good (=didn't get sick) meal, but I wanted to know if anyone had been there recently. (FYI last time I had the Thai lettuce wraps with no sauce on anything, it was really boring.)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Didn't I read somewhere that the Cheesecake Factory now has a gluten-free menu?
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 ChemistMama

ChemistMama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

OH goodness, see what you find while surfing? The hidden cheesecake factory allergen list. :)

Cheesecake Factory Allergen List Summer 2010

#4 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

We have. DD usually gets fruit and an omelet. No complaints from her, but she's 9 ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#5 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

The Godiva Choclate Cheesecake was gluten free as of 3 months ago. Thats all we ordered. It was good, and my daughter and I did not get sick. Very rich, very chocolatey. My daughter thought it was too rich, but I enjoyed it! They said when we were there that they were working on a gluten free menu, but didn't have one at the time. They thought it would be out by the end of the year is what we were told. We were there in Sept. 2010.

#6 ChemistMama

ChemistMama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

The Godiva Choclate Cheesecake was gluten free as of 3 months ago. Thats all we ordered. It was good, and my daughter and I did not get sick. Very rich, very chocolatey. My daughter thought it was too rich, but I enjoyed it! They said when we were there that they were working on a gluten free menu, but didn't have one at the time. They thought it would be out by the end of the year is what we were told. We were there in Sept. 2010.

According to my link above, the Godiva chocolate cheesecake is not listed as gluten-free, but I think that's because Godiva states that all their chocolate is not gluten-free (I believe it's a CC issue, and so jas the Triumph guide's blog). I'll probably take the risk and get the cheesecake. :)

#7 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

According to my link above, the Godiva chocolate cheesecake is not listed as gluten-free, but I think that's because Godiva states that all their chocolate is not gluten-free (I believe it's a CC issue, and so jas the Triumph guide's blog). I'll probably take the risk and get the cheesecake. :)

Wow thanks for showing me that. When we visited the resturant last, they didn't have that allergan menu, but assured me that the Godiva was gluten-free. We ate it, and didn't get sick, and normally we are very sensitive to CC. I'm glad to know that its not considered gluten-free now. I do want to try Red Lobsters gluten free crustless cheesecake. It is a white cheesecake, my favorite. Thanks for pointing that out about the one at Cheesecake factory.

#8 finally diagnosed

finally diagnosed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

Wow thanks for showing me that. When we visited the resturant last, they didn't have that allergan menu, but assured me that the Godiva was gluten-free. We ate it, and didn't get sick, and normally we are very sensitive to CC. I'm glad to know that its not considered gluten-free now. I do want to try Red Lobsters gluten free crustless cheesecake. It is a white cheesecake, my favorite. Thanks for pointing that out about the one at Cheesecake factory.

I was just at the Cheesecake factory in Burlington,Ma last week w/daughter, the hostess told me they do not have a gluten free menu and i could safely have a salad w/plain chicken (boring) but i ordered it anyway... I thought they had a gluten free cheesecake and other stuff... my take was it was a busy lunch, in the mall, christmas shoppers and she didn't want to help....

#9 bincongo

bincongo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

I am going to San Fran in March and I am hoping that I can have the Godiva cheesecake because it is my favorite. Is it a CC issue because of cutting it at the resturant or because Godiva says it isn't gluten free anymore? We don't have a Cneesecake Factory where I live so I am really looking forward to having my cheesecake.
By the way the cheesecake at Red Lobster is very good too. It doesn't have a crust.
Dx Celiac July 2010 by Endoscopy biopsy- had Endoscopy for another reason, not for possible Celiac
Lactose intolerant discovered August 2010
Hypothyroid Dx 2009. Sleep Apnea 2005

#10 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

My friend had a recent experience with Cheesecake Factory that was not gluten related. They served his wife shards of glass in her food, but still made him pay for it and didn't comp him anything. He's contacted corproate three times and they have not responded.

Gluten free status aside, this doesn't seem like a place I'd want to eat in general! (p.s. the location was in Atlanta).

#11 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

I would be afraid to eat there. I ate at one 2 times pre- gluten-free and each time the orders were wrong - no chicken on a chicken something salad, cheese on a burger we made a fuss about kid hates cheese, no pecans on the chicken pecan salad, etc. Not particullary good food, just large amounts. The cheesecakes are good, not great.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#12 ChemistMama

ChemistMama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I wanted to post an update, I didn't end up going to CF because there was a snow/ice storm and we would have had to drive through it for an hour. Just FYI, the last time I was there I had the thai chicken lettuce wraps, which are fine as long as you ask for grilled chicken and no side sauces (the coconut sauce on the noodles is fine, and acc. to the list I linked to above maybe you can add a salad dressing so it isn't so boring). I usually stay away from places like this anyways.

#13 brendygirl

brendygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

I was at the one in Ft. Lauderdale in Dec. 2010, and they said they were working on a gluten-free menu. So, I had a salad.
It was funny because my boyfriend's mother insisted on eating there and I had a beautiful and delicious fruit smoothie and a salad--which seemed to make her feel guilty when her giant sandwich arrived with gargantuan pieces of butter-laden bread on them. She's a small person and the next week she said she gained several pounds on the vacay.
I must admit...I felt like I was losing weight just watching her eat that thing.
It was interesting, because if her son had been along, he never would've let her insist on me eating there.
Funny how "in-laws" act so differently when you get them alone.
It makes me wonder...if we had a celiac child, how would she handle eating out with her grandchild?

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

#14 Darissa

Darissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

My reply 1-6-11 from Cheesecake Factory regarding gluten free menu:

Dear Ms. Perry:

Thank you for your interest in The Cheesecake Factory. At this time we do not have a separate gluten free menu. We do offer a number of dishes that are gluten free or that can be modified to be gluten free. I do encourage you to ask a server or a manager to help you choose an item that would meet your dietary needs.

I appreciate that you took the time to write to us and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Whitney Dunn
Guest Relations Representative

#15 SaraKat

SaraKat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

I went to the CF in Palm Beach Gardens in November and asked for a gluten-free menu, the chef came over and said that they had to pull the gluten-free menu because of an incident that happened recently. He did say to tell him what I wanted to and he would make sure it was gluten-free.
Positive TTG IGA blood test 8/13/10
Endoscopy confirmed 8/31/10
Started gluten-free diet 9/1/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: