This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamins

nag

nag Newbie

Hi there,

i was dignosed with celiac disease in Mar05, my doc advised me to take B12 shots, which i took every week for 4 weeks, after that i moved to florida and could not make arrangements for receiving the shots, my energy levels started to drop, B12 tablets did not seems to help, and ulcers in mouth started to grow bigger. right then two weeks back some one suggested the sublingual tablets from Twinlab (500 mcg), i find these very useful. i have been taking one tablet every day and my energy level is improving. The same strength of 500 mcg from other tablets proved to be useless. Now i don't know how long i should continue on these tablets. Does anyone have experience with the sublingual tablets?

thanks

nitin

:P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

I take sublingual b12 vitamins. They are supposed to be really good because of the way it releases into the body. I take the Enzymatic Therapy brand

11111 Apprentice

Hi,

I was wondering where you could get these vitamins at a reasonable price.

thanks -= Nancy

Carriefaith Enthusiast
i have been taking one tablet every day and my energy level is improving.
That's great news! I'm not taking vitamin B12 myself unless it is in Boost or a multivitamin but I am thinking about taking B vitamins to improve my energy levels. Glad to hear that the Twinlab (500 mcg) have helped yours :) Is Twinlab only vitamin B12 or are there other things in it?
cdford Contributor

If your doc will agree, you can also give yourself the B-12 (and B-complex and folic acid if needed) using an insulin needle. That way you do not have to make arrangements to get them done. I have not tried the sublingual version, but the shots sure help.

mytummyhurts Contributor
If your doc will agree, you can also give yourself the B-12 (and B-complex and folic acid if needed) using an insulin needle. That way you do not have to make arrangements to get them done. I have not tried the sublingual version, but the shots sure help.

I know I would never have the stomach to do that. :blink:

aaascr Apprentice

I found Sublingual B Total liquid drops

Nutraceutical Solutions 800-856-7040

www.eliquidsolutions.com

I eat complex carbs (potato or rice) the night before

training and/or games, take the liquid

in the morning and then right before activity

so that I don't "crash" during training

and games. Worked like a charm during my

recent tournament.

I figured as long as I'm attempting to be athletic

will be how long I continue with the supplements.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

debmidge Rising Star

Q: did any of you have pheripherial neuropathy due to B12 deficiency that lead to needing the shots?

cdford Contributor

Oh. mytummyhurts, you'd be amazed at what you can do if necessity dictates it. I know I have been.

Archived