This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candy Cane Flavored Hershey Kisses

mommyoftwinks

mommyoftwinks Explorer

are these gluten-free? i can't seem to find any info on their website.

they are the holiday kisses - white chocolate with candy cane pieces inside of them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

If the ingredients don't list wheat, barley or malt, the odds are EXTREMELY high that it's gluten-free.

richard

emaegf Newbie

Sure hope soo. I've eatten half a bag this last week without problem, and I'm really sensitive to gluten but haven't had any problems so far.

Jenbeans77 Newbie

I have had glutening symptoms for the past week....and the only thing I can point to at this point are those dang delicious candy cane kisses i have been eating for the last week or so! they do have "tocopherols" in them.....and sometimes those are gluten based!

modiddly16 Enthusiast

These kisses do not have gluten ingrediants in them. I'm not sure your glutening was coming from these!

• 11 months later...
Italia3 Newbie

It is a huge relief to see that others have had bad reactions to these kisses. I have been eating them for past 5 days and have had such pain. I didn't make the connection till last night. What tremendous pain I was having. Let us know if someone discovers what the issue is with these delicious yet deadly kisses. I ate the candy cane ones just to be more specific.

mamaw Community Regular

I react to mint -- anything mint.....I know mint is supposed to be a tummy smoother but it kills me.. belly ache, headache..Tocophenols to my knowledge does not have anything to do with wheat...

Some people have trouble with Hersey products no matter which ones.. I do not have troubles with Hersey just anything mint....

You can call Hersey to speak to a live person on Monday...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 5 years later...
aaa Newbie

Please always contact the company to see if a candy or product is gluten free. Judging whether you get sick or not is not a good form of measurement. Sometimes you can get "glutened" and not even feel symptoms. These candies ARE NOT gluten-free

Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses (the white and red peppermint ones) are NOT gluten-free. 

kareng Grand Master
1 hour ago, aaa said:

Please always contact the company to see if a candy or product is gluten free. Judging whether you get sick or not is not a good form of measurement. Sometimes you can get "glutened" and not even feel symptoms. These candies ARE NOT gluten-free

Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses (the white and red peppermint ones) are NOT gluten-free. 

The info in this thread is at least 6 years old. Products change over time so it is a good idea to re-check ingredients before eating.

Archived