12 replies to this topic

#1 mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Okay, I haven't been a member for very long. But I'm noticing more all the time how hard it is to keep up with all the posts on here. It's getting more and more popular. I went on today at lunch and there were 3 pages of new posts and 3 more pages after work. I'm not complaining or saying anything should be done to fix it. I was just surprised that so many are constantly building up. Does anybody read every post? I probably only even read about 1/4 or so, because it's too time consuming to read them all. And I know I'm probably missing out on some important or cool info.
:)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

You are so right, it's really hard to read all of the posts, so I have to be a bit picky. I do try and pop into the new ones at least once and see what they are about. If I can't help or it doesn't immediately pertain to my situation now, I usually let them slide for a few days, then try and check in later when things are quiet here. For instance, if someone is looking for travel info back East, then I won't bother with it, as I'm out West :D

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

I gotta say, sometimes work's SOOOO boring, I'm glad it goes so fast! Of course, that doesn't help me get my work *done* :rolleyes: :P
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:33 AM

I read most posts. I don't have DH, so I usually won't read those...I don't read about stuff like "local stores in ____, CA" since I'm on the East coast. I read most everything else, but then again, it's the summer, so I have plenty of time.

During the school year I'm much more picky... I check the new ones and then drop some if they aren't interesting to me--like Viola.

#5 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:37 AM

I also read them most of the time but yesterday I was gone for about 3 hours and came back and there was a page and a half of new posts :o It's a good thing the site is getting more popular though :D When I have courses I take though I can't be on here as much so only will read the ones in certain sections.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#6 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:09 AM

It is hard some days to keep up with the posts, especially if you are out most of the day :) I think it is great though! I love getting all the posts. Obviously I don't read all of them, but I reply to the ones that I think I can give helpful advice, humor, or share a simliar "story" ;)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#7 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:43 AM

I read most of them, but don't get involved or read ones that don't apply to me, or that I have no info to offer...

(Hi Ab !)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#8 mytummyhurts

mytummyhurts

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

I gotta say, sometimes work's SOOOO boring, I'm glad it goes so fast! Of course, that doesn't help me get my work *done* :rolleyes: :P

I check in a lot during work too. When it's slow I come on here a few times a day. We were really busy last week after a while of being slow and I said to my husband "It was so busy today I didn't have time to check the celiac board!" I guess it's a sign of how much work I have as to whether or not I come on the board.

I would like to be able to check all of the posts since a lot of times the comments go off to another topic or people post interesting things. It is good though that more and more people are joining. That means people are learning about this!

Hi Jen!

#9 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

Some days it is all I can do to check in on those I have already posted to. Is there a way to get more than the last ten?

Other days, I go through and look at most of them, checking to see if I can add more than those who have already posted. Unless I can add something of value, I just back out and move on to the next one.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#10 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:47 PM

It's summertime, and so I share my cpu time with my kids, so I don't get on as much as I like to. When I find pages and pages, I pick and choose what I read, just as the others have said. During the school year, I read most of the threads. Of course, since we have so many more posters now, that might change!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#11 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

Is there a way to get more than the last ten?

Definitely! Either go to "today's active topics" on the main page, or, even better, between "my assistant" and the # of new messages, "View New Posts" will show you all the posts since you last got on the board...now, stay away for a week and that will be five pages...I get at least 2-3 pgs. each day...the reason it's not more than 5 each week is because at a point, there aren't too many new ones being created, but people posting a lot under the old ones.... I'm rambling.

SHORT ANSWER: yes, go to "view new posts".

#12 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Thanks, celiac3270. I meant more than my last ten posts. I use the assistant regularly. It is a great way to just see what's been up since my last visit. I just tend to post more than ten times when I am in here and I like to see if anyone has commented or asked an additional question after my post.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#13 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

I use the assistant regularly

Same here! I love that option B)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003