This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I'm 14 And Need Snacks!

supersillyak

supersillyak Newbie
<_< Wow! Alright...I need some ideas for gluten-free&WF snacks! When i get home from school i need something to grab while workin on my homework!!!! do you have any ideas? Even snacks that i bring to school are basically wheat-free pretzels and some juice! BORING! Got any ideas? Let me know! Thanks. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Corn chips with :

Bean Dip

Cheese

Salsa

Veggies with :

Peanut Butter

Ranch Dressing

Cheese

Frozen Gluten Free waffles with Peanut Butter

Soup

Cookies(gluten-free of course) and Milk

Brownies(gluten-free) and Icecream

Popcorn

Leftovers warmed up

Lunch Meat Rollups with Cheese

Bananna Chips

Cereal with Milk

GeniSoy Protein Bar (Southern style peanut butter fudge is gluten-free)

Nuts(cashews, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds)

Jello with fruit in it

Fruit with some Fruit dip

Candy that is gluten-free (Snickers, hershey bar etc etc)

Milk shake (icecream with milk)

Cheese and gluten-free Crackers

Ok...I'm out of ideas for now!! Hope some of them are helpful!!

-Jessica :P

aball882000 Newbie

OOO!! make rice krispies with fruity or cocoa pebbles (or other cereal)

trail mix and mixed nuts (dont eat them every day, im sick of them after doing that...)

popcorn

gluten-free yogurt

cheese crisps (white corn tortilla shells-mission brand even says gluten free on it!)

fruit (can be a pain in the butt, but try canned, pineapple and pears are good)

gluten-free cokies of course

tapioca (kozy shack brand specifies gluten-free)

hope that holds you over for a littel while :P

Guest jhmom

Here is a good snack idea that my children enjoy, one has Celiac and one doesn't. I got the recipe from www.clanthompson.com in their cooking section. Hope it helps :)

Fruity Pebble Muffins

Ingredients

2/3 cup of sugar

3 TB. shortening or butter

3 eggs

1 cup of rice flour

1/4 cup corn meal

1/4 cup soy flour (or bean flour)

3/4 tsp. salt

3 tsp. baking powder

3/4 cup milk or water

1 1/2 cups gluten free fruity pebbles type cereal (adjust amount to taste)

Mix sugar and softened butter. Beat in eggs. Mix flours, salt, baking powder together and add to egg mixture alternately with milk. Add fruity pebbles cereal. Put a small pat of butter on the bottom of each muffin tin. Pour batter into tins and sprinkle with a little extra sugar and butter if you like. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
huletts Newbie

Hi, I am 17 and do a lot of cooking and baking! My parents both work so they don't have much time but I really enjoy cooking and baking!

Cookies:

I make cookies almost every week with Gluten Free Pantry's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix. I either add chocolate chips or coconut to the mix (my fav is coconut!)

Try ordering gluten-free cookies online or get them at a health food store. I have tried many and try new ones all the time! Some are okay, some horrible, and some great! It's really up to you to find ones that you like! That goes for all gluten-free food, including recipes and baking mixes.

Other Snacks:

Fruit

Vegetables and dip

Yogurt

gluten-free crackers with cheese

salsa and chips

chili

rice krispy treats made with gluten-free puffed rice cereal

rice cakes

pizza made with chebe pizza crust

garlic sticks made with chebe mix (www.chebe.com- i use the original mix and add my own spices)

thai kitchen instant noodle soup

and for the good stuff:

Ice cream

French Fries (make your own or McDonalds are fine)

Chips (Frito-Lay has a gluten-free list and I follow it even though some people have issues with cross-contamination)

thats all I can think of but there are many, many more! Just use your imagination! :P

flagbabyds Collaborator

Yea,

the genisoy bars are really good, also break bars from glutano are really good if you like chocolate they are basically a gluten-free KitKat. :D Blue Doritos are gluten-free and those are really good go to Open Original Shared Link and they have a gluten-free list of all their chips and dips. I have a lot of fruit also because I really like fruit and it is really good for you.

MOLLLY

• 4 weeks later...
joemoe003 Apprentice

My mom makes some really good peanut butter cookies that don't have any flour in them. You need:

one egg

one cup of sugar

one cup of peanut butter

You put them on the cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. If you like hershey kisses put one in the middle of each cookie after baking them and you will have your self some really good peanut butter cookies.

Personally I think these cookies are better than the peanut butter cookies with flour!

Who likes pancakes? Well, almost every weekend my dad makes me some pancakes made from corn bread mix. We use Betty Crockers' Golden Corn Muffin and Bread Mix. You just fallow the directions like you are making corn muffins but just add a little more milk than what it says too ( so that it is kinda soupy/ runny). Then you just make them like regular pancakes. ( FYI there is some flour in it just so you know I can say that they don't bother me and hopefully not you!)

Hope you like these!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I'm new, don't know much, been living on:

Rice Cakes -- very goood, I'm trying not to eat too many and get tired of them

Canned Fruit (mandarin oranges, peaches, etc.)

Obviously, fresh fruit

Sorry, I don't have much experience yet

huletts Newbie

In response to "JoeMoe"

"some" flour is extremely harmful to a celiac and I hope that you were not mislead by this! If you have celiac you absolutely cannot eat even a TRACE of gluten! Not to scare anyone, but even the slightest bit of gluten will damage your intestines, and over time lead to complications such as anemia, osteoporosis, and even cancer!

If you want good pancakes, try pamela's pancake mix:

Open Original Shared Link

I think it is even better than regular pancakes!

joemoe003 Apprentice

Thanks for tellin me that "huletts" so much for eatin those lol

• 2 weeks later...
joemoe003 Apprentice

I was told that hydrogenated soy bean oil is really bad for peeps with celiac disease. is regular soy bean oil bad for peeps with celiac disease to?

tell me know! Thanx!

flagbabyds Collaborator

all hydroginated oils are bad for anyone

• 6 years later...
Live Love Twillight Rookie

Yea,

the genisoy bars are really good, also break bars from glutano are really good if you like chocolate they are basically a gluten-free KitKat. :D Blue Doritos are gluten-free and those are really good go to Open Original Shared Link and they have a gluten-free list of all their chips and dips. I have a lot of fruit also because I really like fruit and it is really good for you.

MOLLLY

My dad works 4 Frito-Lay, many chips from there r gluten free!!!! They have MANY gluten free ones on the website!!!

Live Love Twillight Rookie

Not sure if u r into baking- but there r sum really simple cookies-all u hav 2 add-

1 cup peanut butter

1 egg

1 cup sugar

& i like to add chocalate chips 2!!

These r DELICIOUS!!! Especially if u eat 1 wen they r still hot, they melt in ur mouth!!! :D

GFinDC Veteran

My mom makes some really good peanut butter cookies that don't have any flour in them. You need:

one egg

one cup of sugar

one cup of peanut butter

You put them on the cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. If you like hershey kisses put one in the middle of each cookie after baking them and you will have your self some really good peanut butter cookies.

Personally I think these cookies are better than the peanut butter cookies with flour!

Who likes pancakes? Well, almost every weekend my dad makes me some pancakes made from corn bread mix. We use Betty Crockers' Golden Corn Muffin and Bread Mix. You just fallow the directions like you are making corn muffins but just add a little more milk than what it says too ( so that it is kinda soupy/ runny). Then you just make them like regular pancakes. ( FYI there is some flour in it just so you know I can say that they don't bother me and hopefully not you!)

Hope you like these!

You are sure right about the flourless peanut butter cookies, they are really easy to make and good too! I like to add whole peanuts to them sometimes or some gluten-free cereal like Bakery on Main granola.

I don't know if this is the same corn bread mix you are talking about, but this one has wheat flour in it, so it is not gluten-free. I don't think I have found any mainstream cornbread mixes without wheat flour in them. Specialty gluten-free cornbread mixes are ok tho.

Open Original Shared Link

Well gummie bears, I just noticed this thread is from 2004! I guess joemoe is long gone by now.

• 3 weeks later...
gfsoccerstar Newbie

I'm 13 and i have that prob too so this really healped me. thanks :lol:

I also joined today march 10th 2011.

• 1 month later...
LauraCo Newbie

I've just discovered (and fallen in love with) Amy's gluten free burritos. They look weird like they have holes in them but I spread a little sour cream and some salsa on them.. So good!

DelilahStark Newbie

Scharr brand table crackers are delicious!!!! They taste like saltines and club crackers had a baby. I am super picky about what I eat and these rock pretty hard.

miss-molly Newbie

Smartfood popcorn is gluten free. So is Pirate's Booty. Yogurt is good too. Yoplait yogurts say clearly under the ingredients whether the flavor is gluten free. Careful with the Doritos mentioned early. Not all flavors are gluten free. You can check them out here: Open Original Shared Link

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
shadowicewolf Proficient

you can make your own chip dip. I found a recipie online somewhere for gluten free french onion dip. Just sautee some onions, onion salt and some sour cream and vuala you have a good dip :)

• 5 weeks later...
krystynycole Contributor

If you haven't tried those cookies yet I highly recommend them! I also flatten them with sugar on the bottom of the cup and then smooth out the kiss on top after it has been on for a minute...mmm....I am actually eating them now :)

Betty crocker makes EXCELLENT gluten-free cake and brownie mix. I'm not a fan of their cookies, but some people are.

Some times I make a trail mix with peanuts, m&m's and popcorn.

Chocolate covered fruit always hits the spot.

Quick pancake mix....I use Betty Crocker gluten-free mix. It's fantastic!

BakingQueen Newbie

I use allerenergy bars, enjoy life trail mix (they also have bars and granola), and salted nuts.

bbuster Explorer

taquitos

ZonePerfect bars - check the labels, because not all of them are gluten-free.

Archived