Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Problems With Support Groups

51 posts in this topic

Well, I don't have a formal diagnosis, and I don't happen to believe that you are more deserving than I of support. I'm quite certain that I feel better when I don't eat gluten, and I'm also quite certain that that it's not a mental illness causing me to believe this.

People have different lives, and I personally don't believe I have the right to judge someone else's illness, nor do I believe you have the right to judge mine.

You are right --everyone is different and there are some varying symptoms when it comes to Celiac Disease.

As a person who has been without health insurance most of my life I have had to try to figure out how to help myself with medical issues. I was forced to read and learn about health issues and research my symptoms. I did not have much knowledge of Celiac Disease when I had chronic diarrhea in the early 1990's -- no one at that time knew much about Celiac's Disease. But I was able to figure out a few things on my own, like acidophilus helped me to some extent, and if I ate less bread I did better too. Because I stopped eating bread my symptoms abated and I never really gave that much thought. I was just happy that the diarrhea went away.

I do now have a medical diagnosis of Celiac Disease, but I definitely understand that there are people who try going gluten-free, find relief and might come to this forum to find others with common problems. This forum is a resource for us all.

I think that informed people, people who inform themselves naturally find forums like this because we are looking for people with a common ground to discuss our condition or diagnosis, hopefully to help each other.

Ads by Google: