Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Breathe Right Advanced Nasal Strips

6 posts in this topic

Anyone us these?

A.) Are they gluten free, and also if they do have any food product used in their "recipe" then what is it?

B.) Do they work?

Ads by Google:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they had gluten in them or if it would be an issue since you shouldn't have them in your mouth.

I used them for awhile a couple years ago and they worked a little but the glue made my nose itch and I eventually got indentations on the sides of my nose where they adhered. Took a couple weeks for it to go away once I stopped.

I prefer pure saline nasal spray like Simply Saline and a dab of Vick's under my nose when I get the stuffies.

Not sure on the gluten-free. You're not eating them, and they aren't getting anything on your hands to be transferred to your mouth. I think they work wonders. They do stick really strongly. I usually wet mine before pulling off so as not to pull the skin too much - in the shower is perfect.

my understanding is that glue may contain gluten

my understanding is that glue may contain gluten

I just called the Breathe Right folks and asked if the strips contain gluten. They said "no". Then I asked if the adhesive is derived from and "food product" such as corn, soy, etc. I was told that it says it is "a medical grade adhesive, an acrylic type"

I guess that means it has no "food product", right?

My wife and I both use them. They really help if you're a bad snorer. They also probably help us sleep better, but it's usually more about eliminating noise than improving airflow.