This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Recipe For All Purpose Flour Blend

divamomma

divamomma Enthusiast

I have seen alot of different flour blend recipes. Is there one that is better than the rest? I am looking for one that is easily substituted in "regular" baking.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

piglips82 Rookie

I like to use Bob's Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour. You can use it cup for cup. But I am looking forward to trying Better Batter. It's a flour mix you can use cup for cup as well. Check it out @ betterbatter.org

coffeetime Explorer

I like Namesta, you can use it cup for cup and I have found rather than buy special mixes like, pizza crust or biscuit, the flour blend works well.

luvs2eat Collaborator

I've tried many different flour blends and ended up w/ tons of small bags of different flours! I found Better Batter and that's my flour from now on! I order it... w/ my Pamela's bread mix and Tinkyada pasta (shipping is free when you order a certain amount) from that company we don't mention on here ... ya know the one w/ the name of the long river in South America.

lcbannon Apprentice

I use a blend I make based loosely off of Better Batter- I use it cup for cup, it does take a number of flours, but it is much cheaper than buying premade, but not as handy.

MelindaLee Contributor

My first and favorite purchased AP mix was King Arthur. You can also buy it off their website.

mushroom Proficient

Here are some flour mixes I have used if you want to experiment:

3 parts brown rice

3 parts cornstarch

2 parts sorghum

1 part masa harina

2. CAKE FLOUR MIX

1 part brown rice

1 part sorghum

1 part tapioca

3. ALL PURPOSE

1-1/2 cups brown rice or sorghum

1 cup white rice

1/2 cup tapioca

4. GOOD GRAINS

1 cup sorghum

1/2 cup millet

1/2 cup buckwheat

1/4 cup quinoa or nut

3/4 cup tapioca

5. KARINA'S FLOUR MIX

2 cups rice flour (or use half sorghum

2/3 cup cornstarch

1/3 cup tapioca (or almond, buckwheat, quinoa)

1 tsp xanthan gum

SELF-RISING

1 cup mix

1-1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived