Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need Help!

4 posts in this topic

As most of you know I'm on vacation with a friend of mine who also has celiac disease and we REALLY want chocolate chip muffins! Only they have to be Egg, Dairy, Corn, and of course gluten free! If ANYONE knows a recipe for at least gluten-free muffins please PLEASE post it, we will try to modify it anyway...

Thanks in advance!!

Ads by Google:

Hope you are having fun. I don't have a recipe but you could google "vegan muffins recipe".

I haven't tried this yet, but here is the recipe I have.

Whisk together:

2 C white rice flour

1/2 c tapioca starch

1/2 c sweet rice flour

1 T baking powder

1 tsp xanthan gum

Cream 3/4 c butter and 1 3/4 c sugar

Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time

stir in 1 tsp vanilla, 1 T orange zest (I think you could leave this out) 1 c orange juice (I think you could sub if you don't like the idea of orange flavor) beat for a minute. Stir in 1 1/2 c chocoalte chips.

Goodluck. Give us some feedback. B)

Enjoy Life has chocolate chips that meet your requirements. I'd use flax gel for egg replacement, don't use xanthan gum and go with guar for corn-free, use almond milk in place of any dairy. Oil -- extra virgin coconut oil or canola in place of any butter that might be in a recipe, then find a mix like Pamela's baking mix that doesn't have dairy in it (Pamela's baking mix has buttermilk, the bread mix doesn't but don't know how it would work for muffins, and it has xanthan gum) -- or use a flour blend that will work well for muffins.