3 replies to this topic

#1 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

As most of you know I'm on vacation with a friend of mine who also has celiac disease and we REALLY want chocolate chip muffins! Only they have to be Egg, Dairy, Corn, and of course gluten free! If ANYONE knows a recipe for at least gluten-free muffins please PLEASE post it, we will try to modify it anyway...
Thanks in advance!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hope you are having fun. I don't have a recipe but you could google "vegan muffins recipe".

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but here is the recipe I have.
Whisk together:
2 C white rice flour
1/2 c tapioca starch
1/2 c sweet rice flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
Cream 3/4 c butter and 1 3/4 c sugar
Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time
stir in 1 tsp vanilla, 1 T orange zest (I think you could leave this out) 1 c orange juice (I think you could sub if you don't like the idea of orange flavor) beat for a minute. Stir in 1 1/2 c chocoalte chips.

Goodluck. Give us some feedback. B)

#4 wahmmy

wahmmy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Enjoy Life has chocolate chips that meet your requirements. I'd use flax gel for egg replacement, don't use xanthan gum and go with guar for corn-free, use almond milk in place of any dairy. Oil -- extra virgin coconut oil or canola in place of any butter that might be in a recipe, then find a mix like Pamela's baking mix that doesn't have dairy in it (Pamela's baking mix has buttermilk, the bread mix doesn't but don't know how it would work for muffins, and it has xanthan gum) -- or use a flour blend that will work well for muffins.
Husband Dx Celiac w/blood work & biopsy Fall 2008. Both daughters and myself tested to see if we were reacting to gluten and we were, but didn't get biopsy. That was enough for all of us to be gluten-free for life as of Jan. 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: