Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Does Citrus Aggravate Dh?

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed that citrus aggravates their DH?

I've recently had a relapse of my DH that corresponds to a period where I ate a lot of citrus (it's cheap at this time of year).

Lately I've cut back and the DH is better, but it may just be a coincidence.

Ads by Google:

I wonder too. Thanks for asking. My sores are flaring too. Been using lemon in water and lemon instead of salt. :blink:

i havent noticed it aggravating mine- HOWEVER- i only partake in lemons or lemonade. because im a believer in a certain diet (and because it always made me throwup in the past)- i always abstain from oranges & orange juice. so i cant help u there.

the acidity in orange juice could be aggravating your stomach & pissin off your antibodies- but im really just guessing.

*ALSO- i did just read something recently about how they will add weird stuff to the orange juice to give it more color - probably unidentifiable "natural flavors" (and im not trying to claim gluten- im just saying like weird preservatives)

???

I stopped buying citris when I found out that most of them are coated. It is written on the box. That coating seems to get me.

Double posted by accident. Please remove.

Has anyone noticed that citrus aggravates their DH?

I've recently had a relapse of my DH that corresponds to a period where I ate a lot of citrus (it's cheap at this time of year).

Lately I've cut back and the DH is better, but it may just be a coincidence.

No, citrus shouldn't affect your DH.. You may have inadverdently gotten glutened at the same time.

My daughter's Chiropractor says that citrus fruits, pineapple and tomato are the worst things for her skin :-( but he wasn't treating her for Celiac so this may not help you.

ps- i eat tomatoes, tomato paste, and bolognese ALL THE TIME, it had no effect on my DH in the past. i recently got the itch again on my stomach after what i believe was a glutening from PF CHANGS 3 weeks ago- and ive had a ton of citrus- it has not aggravated the DH at all. just my experience