Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Teen With Possible Cd

4 posts in this topic

I am 17 years old, and have been miserable lately (health wise). My Mom suggested that I research Celiac Disease, to see what the symptoms were. I am shocked at how many I have (I found this list on a website, let me know if any are not true symptoms)- fatigue, weakness, diziness, headaches, muscle pains, irritability, abdominal pain, gas, diarrhea, and my period went MIA for about 6 months till my doctor put me on the pill. Do you think I should get checked for it? There are so many diseases out there...but I have the most symptoms of celiac disease. (although lactose intolerance comes in for a close second) I just want to feel better!!

Thanks!

Erin

Ads by Google:

There are a lot of symptoms with celiac disease and some people actually can have no symptoms at all. Your symptoms sound like celiac disease. This is a pretty good list: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/c/celiac_disease/symptoms.htm

I think you should be tested for celiac disease. I would ask for the celiac blood test panel.

You should definitely be tested. Sounds like you could possibly have celiac. I would request a full celiac panel consisting of the following:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

By the way-I am also 17(18 in 2 weeks) and if you need any help with anything or just want to talk feel free to email me :D