8 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Check to see if this place delivers in your area. I couldn't believe I finally had a location near me that delivered gluten free pizzas! Their premade combos are hit or miss in terms of taste but I've found a few that are to die for! And I haven't tried them all yet.

http://www.extremepizza.com/

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CaraLouise

CaraLouise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

For those that live in Dallas, I went to the one in Preston Shopping Center and the staff was very knowledgeable. One of the manager's wife has Celiac so he was very familiar with the process. It is so nice to go out for pizza! :)

#3 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't know how long they have been doing gluten free but I too was impressed with the one in Denver/Westminster. The shop has been there quite some time and when they opened they did not do gluten free. One day I just happened to be waiting for my husband nearby so while I waited I strolled down the street. I saw the big gluten free pizza sign in the window and went right in to check them out. I queried them about where the toppings came from since alot of unknowledgeable places will scoop them out of the same containers that they use when making regular pizza. The answer was the gluten free ones came right out of the freezer so no cross contamination with ones used for the regular pizza. I asked about the pans. They are dedicated. They said the only thing they share is the oven. I've eaten 6 of their pizzas now and not been glutened once!

#4 Alison R

Alison R

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

Wow! Just looking at the website is making me hungry. Anyone tried the California Cactus or the Buffalo Chicken Pizzas in gluten free? They look wonderful. Pizza delivered again....I'm doing a happy dance! :)
Glad to hear about the Dallas location. We will have to check it out.
tested for Parkinson's 1998 (at 19 yrs old)
dx benign familial tremor disorder 1998 - went caffeine-free
dx soy allergy 1999 - went soy-free
miscarriages in 2009 and 2010
fibroids found 2010 (dr advised a hysterectomy)
neurological symptoms increased, bloating and other digestive issues, memory loss, and energy loss since 2009.
Found info on celiac Dec 27, 2010 and went gluten free Jan 4, 2010.....and I already see a massive difference! Kitchen cleaned out completely on January 11, 2011.
Spending a small fortune on groceries, but I hope to be a HEALTHY, gluten-free, soy-free, caffeine-free bride later this year!

#5 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Haven't tried those two yet. My two favorites have been Peace in the Middle East (love the hummus for sauce) and Green with Envy (yummy pesto sauce). I thought Paia Pie and Drag it Through the Garden were bland. But Pandora's Box was yummy. For my taste their tomato sauce is a bit bland but if you order a combination that includes oregano and basil it makes it more tasty so if I order the Drag it Through the Garden or Paia Pie again I'm going to add those ingredients.

#6 Alison R

Alison R

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

Good info. We'll have to go this weekend and I will have them add some herbs. I do not like bland sauce.
tested for Parkinson's 1998 (at 19 yrs old)
dx benign familial tremor disorder 1998 - went caffeine-free
dx soy allergy 1999 - went soy-free
miscarriages in 2009 and 2010
fibroids found 2010 (dr advised a hysterectomy)
neurological symptoms increased, bloating and other digestive issues, memory loss, and energy loss since 2009.
Found info on celiac Dec 27, 2010 and went gluten free Jan 4, 2010.....and I already see a massive difference! Kitchen cleaned out completely on January 11, 2011.
Spending a small fortune on groceries, but I hope to be a HEALTHY, gluten-free, soy-free, caffeine-free bride later this year!

#7 andrea lee

andrea lee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

reading these posts scared me! i'm a very cautious celiac. even though the pans and ingredients might be seperated from the contaminated ingredients, if it is a pizza place that makes their own wheat dough, there will be flour EVERYWHERE!
diagnosed with celiac disease and gluten free since 2006
vegan since 2000
dairy free since 2000
soy free since 2009
peanut free since 2010
DH 2011

#8 andrea lee

andrea lee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

whoops my post got cut off. as i was saying, flour everywhere! that stuff can stay in the air for up to 24 hours. i would not order or trust anything from a restaurant that offered anything where wheat flour is used. it's just not safe, or worth my health. you can easily make a quick and safe pizza at home!
diagnosed with celiac disease and gluten free since 2006
vegan since 2000
dairy free since 2000
soy free since 2009
peanut free since 2010
DH 2011

#9 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't think they make their own dough on site as I saw no evidence of that when I was in there. I agree with you that if there was flour flying around then it couldn't possibly be safe. However, having had 6 pizzas with no reaction I'm a happy camper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: