6 replies to this topic

#1 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

I am relieved to finally have seen the gastro doc today and they are going to call me tomorrow to schedule my endo and also a colonoscopy. (fun)

But the appointment today was a bit dissapointing. He was running late from being in the OR and I sat in the waiting room nearly two hours. At least when he got to me he didn't rush through my apointment although I did feel like maybe he wasn't the most prepared. Said from my blood work it most likely is celiac but couldn't confirm until I went gluten free and symptoms went away and/or unless the endo shows damage.

He asked me some questions about symptoms and family history, did a very quick exam and gave me a print out about celiac. Oh and he is going to refer me to a nutritionist. I guess it went about how I expected but honestly I had to wait 6 weeks for this?

Ok, bring on the endoscopy!
I hope it's not another 6 weeks. :(
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

My endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled for Thursday morning. I have to remember not to eat anything with seeds starting Monday and drink only clear liquids the day before. Plus go to pharmacy, sign paperwork, take a pregnancy test and a few other things.

I also have to find someone to get my kids on the bus.

I will be glad when this part is done.
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

My endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled for Thursday morning. I have to remember not to eat anything with seeds starting Monday and drink only clear liquids the day before. Plus go to pharmacy, sign paperwork, take a pregnancy test and a few other things.

I also have to find someone to get my kids on the bus.

I will be glad when this part is done.

Glad he is getting you in quickly. Also glad he seems to realize the endo can have a false negative. Don't go gluten free until after the procedure and make sure you have someone to drive you to and from the procedure. If you go by yourself they likely will just send you home. For me finding someone to take me was the hardest part,well other than the colonscopy prep, as they wouldn't even let me take a cab.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

You should arrange for someone to take you and bring you home. I slept the rest of the day. You might not remember what the doctor will tell you after the procedure, due to the sedation. I asked my husband what the doctor said about a dozen times. :unsure:

The procedure is no biggy. You go to sleep, wake up and it's over. I had a little sore throat, but no other issues.

Good luck and hope you find your answers.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#5 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

Yes, my husband is taking me. I am hoping the kids can go to the neighbors house to catch the bus. We have done it enough for our one neighbor, I hope she can return the favor.
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

#6 divamomma

divamomma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

That was quick! Nothing worse than waiting and giving yourself food you know will make you ill. Good luck.

Mommy to 2 Divas in Training
~6 yr old daughter positive Celiac blood test December 2010 (at age 4)~
~Positive Biopsy January 10, 2011~
~Gluten Free since January 11, 2011~

#7 okieinalaska

okieinalaska

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

Yes, I have already waited 6 weeks though...one more not bad at all.

:)
Amy in Alaska
Gluten Hit Girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: