Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Finally Saw The Gastroenterologist Today

7 posts in this topic

I am relieved to finally have seen the gastro doc today and they are going to call me tomorrow to schedule my endo and also a colonoscopy. (fun)

But the appointment today was a bit dissapointing. He was running late from being in the OR and I sat in the waiting room nearly two hours. At least when he got to me he didn't rush through my apointment although I did feel like maybe he wasn't the most prepared. Said from my blood work it most likely is celiac but couldn't confirm until I went gluten free and symptoms went away and/or unless the endo shows damage.

He asked me some questions about symptoms and family history, did a very quick exam and gave me a print out about celiac. Oh and he is going to refer me to a nutritionist. I guess it went about how I expected but honestly I had to wait 6 weeks for this?

Ok, bring on the endoscopy!

I hope it's not another 6 weeks. :(

Ads by Google:

My endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled for Thursday morning. I have to remember not to eat anything with seeds starting Monday and drink only clear liquids the day before. Plus go to pharmacy, sign paperwork, take a pregnancy test and a few other things.

I also have to find someone to get my kids on the bus.

I will be glad when this part is done.

My endoscopy and colonoscopy are scheduled for Thursday morning. I have to remember not to eat anything with seeds starting Monday and drink only clear liquids the day before. Plus go to pharmacy, sign paperwork, take a pregnancy test and a few other things.

I also have to find someone to get my kids on the bus.

I will be glad when this part is done.

Glad he is getting you in quickly. Also glad he seems to realize the endo can have a false negative. Don't go gluten free until after the procedure and make sure you have someone to drive you to and from the procedure. If you go by yourself they likely will just send you home. For me finding someone to take me was the hardest part,well other than the colonscopy prep, as they wouldn't even let me take a cab.

You should arrange for someone to take you and bring you home. I slept the rest of the day. You might not remember what the doctor will tell you after the procedure, due to the sedation. I asked my husband what the doctor said about a dozen times. :unsure:

The procedure is no biggy. You go to sleep, wake up and it's over. I had a little sore throat, but no other issues.

Good luck and hope you find your answers.

Yes, my husband is taking me. I am hoping the kids can go to the neighbors house to catch the bus. We have done it enough for our one neighbor, I hope she can return the favor.

That was quick! Nothing worse than waiting and giving yourself food you know will make you ill. Good luck.

Yes, I have already waited 6 weeks though...one more not bad at all.

:)