This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Protien Bars

rogue1

Emme999 Enthusiast

Here is another dairy/soy/egg/gluten-free bar that I came across:

VITALITY NUTRITION'S BUDDHA BARS

Kirkman is now a distributor for a Doctor-formulated nutrition snack bar called the Vitality Bar (also known as the Buddha Bar). This bar is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals as well as anti-oxidants and metabolic cofactors. It is formulated to be casein and gluten free, corn and soy free, and contains no wheat, artificial colors, artificial flavors or preservatives. They are suitable for vegetarian diets and for many individuals with ingredient sensitivities. Furthermore, the bars are formulated with organic ingredients and are great tasting.

This product was scientifically formulated by Dr. Andrew Levinson, M. D., a physician treating special needs patients in Miami, Florida. Dr. Levinson has used the sweeteners Agave and Xylitol which are not metabolized as sugars and have a low glycemic index for a low net carbohydrate content. Current flavors available are Chocolate Hazelnut, Cherry Vanilla and Chocolate Mint.

Nutritional factors present include:

Vitamin B-1 10 mg.

Riboflavin 25 mg.

Pantothenic Acid 25 mg.

Vitamin E 200 IU

Folinic Acid 800 mcg.

Biotin 300 mcg.

Vitamin B-12 500 mcg.

Vitamin B-6 50 mg.

Vitamin C 500 mg.

Calcium Citrate 500 mg.

Chromium Piccolinate 100 mcg.

Magnesium Aspartate 250 mg.

Selenium Amino Acid Ch. 100 mcg.

Zinc Piccolinate 25 mcg.

CoQ10 25 mg.

Taurine 250 mg.

Other ingredients used in the bars are:

Chocolate Hazelnut:

Hazelnut Butter, Agave, Xylitol, Rice Protein, Purified Water, Stabilized Rice Bran, Gum Arabic, Guar Gum, Crispy Brown Rice, Organic Flax Seeds, Sea Salt, Chocolate Liquor (non alcohol), Cocoa, Gum Arabic, and Natural Flavorings.

Cherry Vanilla:

Cashew Butter, Organic Fruit Blend, Rice Protein, Xylitol, Gum Arabic, Locust Bean Gum, Annatto Extract, Purified Water, Brown Rice Flour, Organic Cherries, Natural Cherry and Vanilla Flavors.

Chocolate Mint:

Almond Butter, Cocoa Butter, Xylitol, Agave Syrup, Rice Protein, Cocoa, Rice Bran, Chocolate Chips, Gum Arabic, Purified Water, Chocolate Liquor, Sea Salt, Natural Peppermint Flavor, and Natural Vanilla.

Open Original Shared Link

These look really good - made with rice protein & xylitol (if you don't know about xylitol, you should learn about it! ;)). And no soy either for those of you with soy trouble :) They have 10 grams of protein each. The only thing that's holding me back from ordering some is that they are $3 each! Man! If anyone can find these on another site for a better price, please let me know :)

Thanks,

- Michelle :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aaascr Apprentice

Thanks for listing the ingredients!

Almost, but no cigars for me - I'm allergic to nuts and beans, as well as all the others mentioned (except sesame) - I think making my own is probably the way to go for me.

Emme999 Enthusiast

Sorry Alicia!! :(

What are your allergies? If you post them for me I'll keep them in mind while on my protein bar search ;)

Nothing sucks like not being able to get a decent protein bar! :P

Best wishes :)

aaascr Apprentice

Thanks Michelle!

Food allergies are:

nuts, beans, soy, chicken, fish, beef, dairy(all inclusive proteins), eggs,

bananas, apples, oranges, yeast, corn, oats and chocolate.

Right now I'm able to digest Hemp seed but quinoa

is starting to give me "issues". I have found Nutiva's

Hemp Seed Bar - sometimes I can eat them - sometimes

not.

A nice rice protein bar - hmmm..

Thanks for all the research! - wish I had more time :D

Sarah-Willis Newbie

Purefit is the best protein gluten-free bar. 18 grams of protein and it is a clean, fresh, high quality bar. www.purefit.com

If you look around in the store they have a free sample offer right now.

cornbread Explorer

The chocolate fudge flavour Met-RX bar never gives me any problems. The bar has over 30g of protein and something like 3g net carbs. They are really chewy and filling and good. :) They don't say 'gluten-free' but I am *incredibly* sensitive (was out for 4 days this week after a beer-drinking friend had a sip of my wine!) :o ... so I'm pretty sure these bars are gluten-free. I've been through a few boxes with zero problems.

ruddabega Apprentice

"My allergies suck! (dairy, eggs, sesame) :angry:

Any other ideas? "

Hey, I have tried "Bumble Bars" which are dairy and gluten free. They may have sesame in them thought, but they have lots of fiber and 7-9 grams protien per 19-21 grams carbs. They're really good! They have flax seed which is really yummy.

I hope that helps!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rmmadden Contributor

I like LARABARS (not a great amount of protein but they taste good) and something new I found while on vacation in Seattle........Bumble Bars. They are made with sesame seeds/flax seeds/nuts and say Gluten Free right on the package.

Cleveland Bob B)

tarnalberry Community Regular

If nothing else, you can get flax crackers - or make them yourself. I'm pretty sure the cost of my dehydrator will be made up for in the quantity of flax crackers I make on it ('cause they are way more expensive to buy than to make). All you need is flax seeds, soaked in water (with some flavored liquid if you want), any spices you want, and dry them. They're tasty (I think), and they have a good combination of fat/protein that sustains me for a surprisingly long time. (I've made plain, apple-cinnamon, and fajita spice ones that have all been good.)

• 3 weeks later...
Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey, just wanted to comment on the ANDI bars ( Open Original Shared Link ). They are good!!! My favorite was the chocolate shake bar - it tasted like a brownie with nuts in it! Ooh it was yummy. Wish I wasn't out of them!

Anyway - these bars are gluten & dairy free. I'm almost positive that they are also corn & soy free, but you will need to check it out to be sure if you have bad reactions.

The ones that I ordered (chocolate shake, vanilla shake, blueberry breakfast, peanut butter & jelly) are also egg & sesame free :) Good news for those of you with allergies like mine! ;)

One note is that they use Vance's Dari-free - which contains potato starch (for those of you trying to avoid nightshades) in their vanilla shake & chocolate shake bars. Sorry Steph! :( Oh wait! I just noticed that their Coconut Macadamia bar doesn't - and actually... I don't think their other bars do either :)

I must admit though - when I bit into the pb & j bars, I thought "jelly? where??" So - more of a nutty taste than anything ;) But good!

And they only have 8 grams of sugar (from brown rice syrup & grape juice). Plus - about 13-15 grams of protein per bar :)

The vanilla shake one I can't describe. It was odd, but in a good way ;)

Anyway - if you are looking for a gluten/dairy/sesame/corn/soy/egg free bar - I would suggest you look into these! :)

They also have two bars that look yummy but are outside my no-allergy range (including eggs & sesame) - Coconut Macadamia & Tahini Chocolate Chip :) They sound good! Wish I could eat 'em!

gf4life Enthusiast

We like the ANDI bars. Mostly the choc. shake and the PB & J. We tried the Coconut Macadamia and although it was very nutritious it is NOT sweet at all. For those of you who like unsweetened things, or need low sugar in your diets it should be a good choice. My kids did not like them and neither did I. My husband finished them off, but even he didn't care for them all that much. We didn't get them again.

We get the bars from Gluten Solutions. They are an average of 15 grams of protein a bar. We like the mint bars the best, also the Double chocolate are good. The peanut butter chocolate chip are good too. Open Original Shared Link type in the word bars in the search and a lot come up. They are almost all out of stock right now because they are so good! Also try ANDI bars, they are similar.

We use these because they are soy free and I am allergic to soy protein, which many other bars contain. The whole family can eat these.

Now in my previous post I recommended the mint bars from Gluten Solutions. I have to (at least temporarily) take that recommendation back. They changed the formula recently and not only are they way too minty now (the mint oil soaks through EVERYTHING), but they decreased the protein content from 15 grams to 7 grams! I don't care for them much anymore, and they don't digest well for me now either. :( I sent my opinions of the new formula to Bryan Van Noy (the owner of Gluten Solutions) and asked that they change it back or just change it period (and add the protein back in!).

God bless,

Mariann

Brian Allee Newbie
Hey - I'm allergic to dairy and need a protein bar - any suggestions?  (Remember - no whey! :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jay Robb makes an egg white based protein bar. I have tried the powders

and they taste great!

Bette Explorer
Purefit is the best protein gluten-free bar. 18 grams of protein and it is a clean, fresh, high quality bar. www.purefit.com

If you look around in the store they have a free sample offer right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sarah or anybody else who has tried purefit, how do they taste? I have not been able to find them in the store but can order them online. www.purefit.com

For anybody else interested here is what their website says:

Our bars are an integral part of The Purefit Fat-Burning System. It provides many of the nutrients and calories you need to round out your PureFit diet. And it does not contain harmful ingredients found in virtually every nutrition bar on the market.

* 100% All-Natural Ingredients

* 18 Grams of Soy Protein

* Non-GMO Soy

* Unprecedented Great Taste

This low glycemic, nondairy bar is based on over 20 years of research and was not practical to manufacture until now. It offers:

* NO Hydrogenated Oils

* NO Animal Products - Vegan

* NO Cholesterol or Trans Fatty Acids

* NO Wheat or Gluten

* NO Artificial Sweetners

* NO Hidden Carbohydrates

* NO Sugar Alcohol

Some of these can taste, well pretty tasteless or worse downright nasty. Any thoughts before I plunk down more money on shipping for a gluten free product.

Emme999 Enthusiast
Jay Robb makes an egg white based protein bar. I have tried the powders

and they taste great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh! Thanks for the suggestion but I'm allergic to eggs too :rolleyes:

Eating has become quite an obstacle course for me! (Allergies: Dairy, eggs, sesame, beef - and then there's gluten! Sheesh!)

But thanks for your kind offering! :)

• 5 months later...
Jinscoe Newbie

Hammer Nutrition makes an energy bar that is Gluten & Dairy free... might want to read labels regarding any other allergies you might have...

This company makes energy products for endurance athletes so they ingredients they use are of the higest quality, and the healthiest. Both of their bars are higher in carbs that protien but the ratio is right where it should be for sustained energy... 4 to 1.

I've had the Chocolate Chip one and it's pretty tasty!

• 4 weeks later...
Nancy W Newbie

Designs for Health Paleo Bars are all gluten free and soy free and some are also dairy free

• 1 month later...
ScottL Newbie
Designs for Health Paleo Bars are all gluten free and soy free and some are also dairy free

I've gone through several cases of- the dairy free ones---they're good. The- chocolate..whatever has peanuts though in case someone has allergies.

Amazing what google will find i.e. this thread.

• 1 year later...
krissyz Newbie

Simply bars are THE best! They are out of Canada, and the woman that you deal with (Kathy) is very very kind.

We loved the chocolate peanut butter and the one with coconut. My son loved all of them (except for the coffee flavor- he did not try)...

They are gluten-free CF low sugar and low fat.... google it- I am so happy to have this product available that I spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to post this...

Juliebove Rising Star
Simply bars are THE best! They are out of Canada, and the woman that you deal with (Kathy) is very very kind.

We loved the chocolate peanut butter and the one with coconut. My son loved all of them (except for the coffee flavor- he did not try)...

They are gluten-free CF low sugar and low fat.... google it- I am so happy to have this product available that I spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to post this...

These are NOT gluten free. They contain wheat flour in them. They are also not casein free as you stated in your other post. I checked their website.

Heather22 Rookie
These are NOT gluten free. They contain wheat flour in them. They are also not casein free as you stated in your other post. I checked their website.

The website for Simply Bars is the following:

Juliebove Rising Star

Sorry. This is the website I saw:

Different product apparently. But similar name.

mandasmom Rookie

I clicked on the "where to buy" link and there it states gluten and dairy free. The ingredient list doesnt include any gluten based product..i wonder about cc...

Juliebove Rising Star
I clicked on the "where to buy" link and there it states gluten and dairy free. The ingredient list doesnt include any gluten based product..i wonder about cc...

I was mistaken. Went to a website for a product with a similar name.

Archived