- - - - -

Success Story

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

When I was first dx with Celiac I was wearing a size 3X (tightly) and weighed over 265 pounds... The weight loss has been slow and steady ever since going gluten-free, but I had kinda hit a plateau and hadn't lost any more weight in a while after losing 65 pounds. Well after about a month of not weighing myself and noticing that my size 16's are getting loose I decided to weigh myself... YIPPEE SKIPPEE JOY OH JOY!!!!! I have lost an additional 10 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 75 pounds in just a little over 2 years!!!! And I'm finally under that dreaded 200 pound mark!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Doing a happy dance all over the place!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 SueC

SueC

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

Congratulations nini!!

It is nice to see something positive come from having celiac!!! I know this is a much more healthy way of living and eating but I do still miss pizza <_<
Keep up the good work and enjoy shopping for new clothes.
Sue
Sue

Diagnosed April 2005 via bloodwork and endoscopy

4 year old daughter diagnosed March 2006 via bloodwork and endoscopy
She was completely asymptomatic

4 year old also diagnosed with Graves disease Sept 2006

#3 Matilda

Matilda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

#4 bean

bean

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:12 PM

Wow Nini that's fantastic!! You are truly amazing and deserve so many congratulations :) Losing weight is never easy, and anyone who loses a significant amount (more than 20 pounds, in my book) deserves every bit of bliss they get from being thinner! :)

I'm so happy for you :) :) :)

- Michelle :wub:

#5 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:59 AM

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!! I think this is even more significant to me because as a child and teenager I was always very thin, and it was so upsetting to me when I started putting on weight and couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating a lot of food and what I did eat was going straight through me. All those Dr.s that said that I just needed to "cut fat" "cut calories" "eat more whole wheat" "eat more fiber" needed to just be shot!!! LOL! With going gluten-free I am also eating more whole unprocessed organic foods, and staying away from a lot of processed stuff. Plus I drink a ton of water every day. It's about all I drink except for my morning coffee and the occassional gluten-free all natural soda from whole foods.

#6 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:19 AM

Way to go! One thing I noticed when I lost weight is I would go through plateus where I didn't lose any weight but my body shape would change during that time. Slow and steady is the best way especially when you are really overweight. Keep at it, I've been there. Still have some love handles that have a death grip on my waist but that's better than a big huge gut that was killing me.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: