Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Success Story

6 posts in this topic

When I was first dx with Celiac I was wearing a size 3X (tightly) and weighed over 265 pounds... The weight loss has been slow and steady ever since going gluten-free, but I had kinda hit a plateau and hadn't lost any more weight in a while after losing 65 pounds. Well after about a month of not weighing myself and noticing that my size 16's are getting loose I decided to weigh myself... YIPPEE SKIPPEE JOY OH JOY!!!!! I have lost an additional 10 pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 75 pounds in just a little over 2 years!!!! And I'm finally under that dreaded 200 pound mark!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Doing a happy dance all over the place!!!!

Ads by Google:

Congratulations nini!!

It is nice to see something positive come from having celiac!!! I know this is a much more healthy way of living and eating but I do still miss pizza <_<

Keep up the good work and enjoy shopping for new clothes.

Sue

Wow Nini that's fantastic!! You are truly amazing and deserve so many congratulations :) Losing weight is never easy, and anyone who loses a significant amount (more than 20 pounds, in my book) deserves every bit of bliss they get from being thinner! :)

I'm so happy for you :) :) :)

- Michelle :wub:

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!! I think this is even more significant to me because as a child and teenager I was always very thin, and it was so upsetting to me when I started putting on weight and couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating a lot of food and what I did eat was going straight through me. All those Dr.s that said that I just needed to "cut fat" "cut calories" "eat more whole wheat" "eat more fiber" needed to just be shot!!! LOL! With going gluten-free I am also eating more whole unprocessed organic foods, and staying away from a lot of processed stuff. Plus I drink a ton of water every day. It's about all I drink except for my morning coffee and the occassional gluten-free all natural soda from whole foods.

Way to go! One thing I noticed when I lost weight is I would go through plateus where I didn't lose any weight but my body shape would change during that time. Slow and steady is the best way especially when you are really overweight. Keep at it, I've been there. Still have some love handles that have a death grip on my waist but that's better than a big huge gut that was killing me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Over the past month or so, I have been have a fuzzy feeling in my left ear canal. The best I can describe is it feels like there is a bug in my ear, but when ear is checked, no bug but the fuzzy stays.  Any ideas?  Or is this one of those strange neurological symptoms from gluten?  Please don't tell me you need to get ti checked out, because all the doctors will say is "There's nothing wrong, everything's normal." BLAH!
    • Breakfast on the go is always trickiest for me - I go with a whole fruit - banana, apple - or a yogurt, or a small bag of nuts.  Occasionally, I have a couple of hardboiled eggs at my local pret a manger.  Much prefer breakfast at home, where I can make myself an egg and cheese sandwich with avocado on gluten free toast.  Or cereal ;-)
    • thanks for your input, the reason I do the blood test is because I found out my duagther has it recently and she carry dq2 gene,so must be from my husband or me...im in the process waiting for my genetic test back,,by the way,I do have lots of celiac symptom,so it could be gluten sensitiive you said,thanks again.  
    • No I'm in the UK, from what I've been told that's a good thing for gluten labeling and standards compliance. What you and everyone else on here says makes me sense than what the doctors are saying (a confused message at best is what they're giving me, each one with a slightly different version of it). My referral letter is in the post so on theory appointment may not be that far away. I have a load of my favourite Quorn stuff (non-gluten-free version) in the freezer so perhaps using that up may be a good way to proceed for now. I'm out at the moment and torn whether to try chips from a café, in the strict gluten-free future would probably be a no-no but in current situation probably not so bad...
    • I also only really eat one meal a day and always after I get home. I never really feel hungrey. I call it 'Pavlov's dog in reverse'.  I think it comes from so many years of food making me sick. I have gotten to the point where I now at least can eat a sandwhich and some fruit during the day but it wasn't a quick process. When folks get like that it is very important to make sure that one meal has a good amount of both calories and nutrtion.  If your diet is how you describe you are starving yourself.  You need to get yourself used to eating again.  What helped me was carrying a baggie with some nuts and dry fruit with maybe even a handful of gluten free pretzels and always some chocolate baking chips. I just ate couple pieces when I thought of it throughout the day. A little bit of cheese and a couple safe crackers, a piece of fruit or a small tin or individual serving snack pack are also good. You need to get some nutrition during the day so you can feel up to cooking a simple full meal  for dinner. I hope your feeling better soon.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Russ Phelps