4 replies to this topic

#1 twe0708

twe0708

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

I love Buttery Nipples but still haven't figured out if Bailey's Irish Cream is Gluten Free. So far I haven't had any problems but still concerned. Anyone ever try Carolans? They say it's Gluten Free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

First let me say as far as I know, I'm not a super sensitive Celiac. And I really don't know if any liquors have gluten or not. I'm saying no they do not (for me) unless I see evidence otherwise. I can drink whiskey and vodka, and am of the opinion that they are gluten free. This post is more about the quality of some products.

I've tried every Irish Cream liquor they have at our stores. Also most of the coffee liquors. I often make drinks with milk, Irish Cream liquor, Coffee liquor, and Vodka, on ice. I call it a mudslide. Never had a problem.

My list of better Irish Cream liquors after Baily's (and much cheaper):

#1) St. Brendans

#2) Carolans

#3) Ryans

#4) Emmitts (a little thin)

There is a brand I think is called O'Marras or something similar, and is made with wine and has a low alcohol content. They sell it where beer & wine is sold. It's awlful.

My list of the better Coffee liquors after Kaluha (and much cheaper):

#1) Copa De Oro

#2) Starbucks

Kamora & Sabroso are very poor.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#3 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

First let me say as far as I know, I'm not a super sensitive Celiac. And I really don't know if any liquors have gluten or not. I'm saying no they do not (for me) unless I see evidence otherwise. I can drink whiskey and vodka, and am of the opinion that they are gluten free. This post is more about the quality of some products.

I've tried every Irish Cream liquor they have at our stores. Also most of the coffee liquors. I often make drinks with milk, Irish Cream liquor, Coffee liquor, and Vodka, on ice. I call it a mudslide. Never had a problem.

My list of better Irish Cream liquors after Baily's (and much cheaper):

#1) St. Brendans

#2) Carolans

#3) Ryans

#4) Emmitts (a little thin)

There is a brand I think is called O'Marras or something similar, and is made with wine and has a low alcohol content. They sell it where beer & wine is sold. It's awlful.

My list of the better Coffee liquors after Kaluha (and much cheaper):

#1) Copa De Oro

#2) Starbucks

Kamora & Sabroso are very poor.

best regards, lm

Thanks. I tried Carolans and it is no where as good as Bailey's! So do you drink Bailey's? I have been but thought I would try Carolans since they say it's gluten free. I don't think I have noticed any side effects from Bailey's. :)

#4 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Yes Baily's is the best, but is much more expensive. No I haven't had a problem with it or any others.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#5 twe0708

twe0708

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

Yes Baily's is the best, but is much more expensive. No I haven't had a problem with it or any others.

best regards, lm

Yay! I figure with all the other stuff I have to deal with regarding this auto immune disorder it's (Bailey's) worth the price!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: