This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Problems With Makeup For Eyes

SuziQT0322

SuziQT0322 Newbie

I have had problems with my eyes for years. But my question to you is.. while wearing eye makeup ie...mascara and eyeliner, my eyes water, itch and then peel. would any of you consider this to be a "product" or reaction to gluten in my makeup? If so, any suggestions on a new makeup line to use? Remember that I am on a very limited budget and am also recently dx'd. My antibodies test was neg. but doctor said there was too much of a change in my appearance and general health not to be Celiac with just the elimination of Gluten from my diet. I have been gluten-free since Dec 1, 2010. This was after 11 years of pain and suffering and beind dx'd with everything under the sun. Including being told by a dermatologist that I took too many baths, and was also allergic to my spring fed well water that contains no addatives. So now I will be making an appt to speak with my primary care physician to remove all of the non-relavant dx's from my records. I am a disabled veteran so this should be a wonderful journey of red tape to accomplish. lol I welcome any and all comments on this and any other helpful advise. I also would like to add that the entire household has gone gluten-free to aid me with my health. Everyone seems to enjoy the changes in most everything edible with the exception of the store bought gluten-free bread...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ashlin's Mama Newbie

I have no idea about whether it's a reaction - but because my daughter continues to hurt after eliminating gluten foods, we've cut out all gluten that comes in contact with her skin, including make-up (both hers and mine). Bonne Belle (spelling?) is gluten free and no cross-contamination according to the company when I called in December 2010. I can't find blush but they have a fairly decent selection of eye shadow kits (although they all seem to be pretty glittery) and I like the lip gloss and mascara. The only thing not safe is the lip smackers lip balm, all other lip smackers are safe. I know it's targeted towards teens (it appears that way anyway), but it's the cheapest I've found without getting into the gluten free mineral makeup that I'd have to order. Maybe that helps a little? Good luck.

Kristina23 Newbie

afterglow!!! Thats what im using. My eyes and face would itch and i was already using a natural makeup. I did research and found afterglow there products are made in a gluten free factory and the owner has celiac disease. Heres the website check it out. Open Original Shared Link

Archived