Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

One Article For Hubby

4 posts in this topic

Ok I need your help. If you had ONE article to show your husband what would you recommend?

Something like- so your wife has just been diagnosed with celiac ( and possibly your child later)

Maybe something with a little funny, not to much medical terminology, but maybe stressing the importance of all of this!!! Maybe talking about a gluten free kitchen, no he does not have to eat gluten free but he doesn't seem to understand contamination.

My hubby doesn't seem to think this is that big a deal.

I need sort of a jump start to help with all the changes coming his way!!

What would you suggest?

Thank you

Ads by Google:

Ok I need your help. If you had ONE article to show your husband what would you recommend?

Something like- so your wife has just been diagnosed with celiac ( and possibly your child later)

Maybe something with a little funny, not to much medical terminology, but maybe stressing the importance of all of this!!! Maybe talking about a gluten free kitchen, no he does not have to eat gluten free but he doesn't seem to understand contamination.

My hubby doesn't seem to think this is that big a deal.

I need sort of a jump start to help with all the changes coming his way!!

What would you suggest?

Thank you

the celiac disease foundation has created printable brochures. they are brief and informative. go to this link, http://www.celiac.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=12, and look on the right side under the heading "additional information". hope this helps. good luck!

How about 'gluten-free for dummies'? we all had alot of questions so i just left it *around*

edited to say: oops. that is not an article. it's a book (sorry)(it was very helpful, though!) good luck!

I'm in the same situation so I don't have any advice. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Although I will say that my husband is finally starting to understand the CC issue since he glutened me last night and saw the misery I was in...not that I am suggesting that you gluten yourself :P Educating my hubby was just a benefit from the pain :)