This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Cannot Believe What I Just Ate

adab8ca

adab8ca Enthusiast

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.

no portion control for me, no sireee!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Hehee. Yum! And people think a gluten-free diet is healthy. :P

mushroom Proficient

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.

no portion control for me, no sireee!

You pig, you :lol:

Monklady123 Collaborator

Lol :lol:

I might have been known, once or twice, to do the same thing with a large Snickers bar. ;)

adab8ca Enthusiast

and of course, it wasn't a chocolate BOAR but A chocolate BAR.

as big as a boar but nonetheless, a BAR.

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

I thought it was a chocolate boar like a peppermint pig. I can just imagine it. :)

bridgetm Enthusiast

Sounds like me and corn chips. I went through at least half a bag of Xochitl Mexican style tortilla chips on my last road trip home.

If I hadn't learned that Frito's are on the safe-list (gluten-free and soy free) I would have lost more than 20 pounds over the summer.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

K8ling Enthusiast

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

COPIOUS QUANTITIES OF CHOCOLATE OMNOMNOM!!!

Ox on the Roof Apprentice

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

missy'smom Collaborator

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...! :( I was eating Khalari (sp?), from Whole Foods. My choc. had to be dairy-free and soy-free. I got the 85% dark. Can't vouch for the flavor, I thought it was good but I was lucky/pretty greatful to have any choc. at all. Folks on the diabetes board make their own chocolates with the dark choc or unsweetened, plus safe sweetener and coconut oil.

jerseyangel Proficient

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

I know--doesn't that sound good!?!

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...!

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(

missy'smom Collaborator

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(

Thanks jerseyangel. :) I have hopes that keeping it out long enough I can get it back again.

Skylark Collaborator

The Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares are awfully good! I prefer the 72%. The 86% is a little bitter for me. I have a package and here are ingredients.

72% - Unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla.

86% - Unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, sugar, milk fat, soy lecithin, vanilla, natural flavor.

bridgetm Enthusiast

Before I stopped eating them because of the sugar I ate Enjoy Life's "Boom Choco Boom" bars. They make a milk chocolate and dark chocolate, both free of the major allergens (i.e. gluten, soy, dairy...). Even if you were a milk chocolate fan, I'd suggest the dark; the milk didn't have much flavor.

I saw that someone mentioned Ghiradelli. I try to avoid chocolate altogether but when I really need some I eat that. The darker it is, the fewer ingredients you have to worry about. Be aware that different brands use different formulas: I found one that wasn't safe for me unless I went 85% or above. I think Ghiradelli's the safest option short of chewing raw cocoa beans.

Ox on the Roof Apprentice

Mmmmmm.....raw cocoa beans.... :lol:

Thanks for these ideas! I can do without a lot of stuff, but I must have chocolate!

Looking for answers Contributor

Goodness, this post has my head swimming. I want chocolate so bad now but I'm trapped at work! :P

mushroom Proficient

Goodness, this post has my head swimming. I want chocolate so bad now but I'm trapped at work! :P

And obviously working hard - or doing hard time :lol:

bridgetm Enthusiast

Mmmmmm.....raw cocoa beans.... :lol:

Thanks for these ideas! I can do without a lot of stuff, but I must have chocolate!

There's a vending machine on my floor in the dorm and the only thing I can safely eat is the Fritos (and I'm even trying to avoid those now). When its stock dwindles, some girls start leaving notes on the glass for the suppliers with requests for their favorites usually resulting in at least two full dispensers of that item. I have been incredibly tempted to leave notes for bizarre gluten-free food.

One of these days it's going to happen... Cookies & Cream? Carmello? No, give us 80+% Ghiradelli or Boom Choco Boom or Xochitl tortilla chips. Maybe individually packaged slices of Udi's? Rice noodles? I despise vending machines now. Hmm... Apparently I'm hungry.

Archived