17 replies to this topic

#1 adab8ca

adab8ca

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.
no portion control for me, no sireee!
TTG >200 (normal <10)
IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)
IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)
Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy
Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010
Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hehee. Yum! And people think a gluten-free diet is healthy. :P

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.
no portion control for me, no sireee!

You pig, you :lol:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Monklady123

Monklady123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

Lol :lol:

I might have been known, once or twice, to do the same thing with a large Snickers bar. ;)

#5 adab8ca

adab8ca

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:42 AM

and of course, it wasn't a chocolate BOAR but A chocolate BAR.
as big as a boar but nonetheless, a BAR.
TTG >200 (normal <10)
IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)
IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)
Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy
Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010
Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

#6 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I thought it was a chocolate boar like a peppermint pig. I can just imagine it. :)
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

#7 bridgetm

bridgetm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Sounds like me and corn chips. I went through at least half a bag of Xochitl Mexican style tortilla chips on my last road trip home.

If I hadn't learned that Frito's are on the safe-list (gluten-free and soy free) I would have lost more than 20 pounds over the summer.

#8 K8ling

K8ling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

COPIOUS QUANTITIES OF CHOCOLATE OMNOMNOM!!!
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

#9 Ox on the Roof

Ox on the Roof

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

#10 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...! :( I was eating Khalari (sp?), from Whole Foods. My choc. had to be dairy-free and soy-free. I got the 85% dark. Can't vouch for the flavor, I thought it was good but I was lucky/pretty greatful to have any choc. at all. Folks on the diabetes board make their own chocolates with the dark choc or unsweetened, plus safe sweetener and coconut oil.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#11 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

I know--doesn't that sound good!?!

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...!

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#12 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(

Thanks jerseyangel. :) I have hopes that keeping it out long enough I can get it back again.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#13 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

The Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares are awfully good! I prefer the 72%. The 86% is a little bitter for me. I have a package and here are ingredients.

72% - Unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla.

86% - Unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, sugar, milk fat, soy lecithin, vanilla, natural flavor.

#14 bridgetm

bridgetm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

Before I stopped eating them because of the sugar I ate Enjoy Life's "Boom Choco Boom" bars. They make a milk chocolate and dark chocolate, both free of the major allergens (i.e. gluten, soy, dairy...). Even if you were a milk chocolate fan, I'd suggest the dark; the milk didn't have much flavor.

I saw that someone mentioned Ghiradelli. I try to avoid chocolate altogether but when I really need some I eat that. The darker it is, the fewer ingredients you have to worry about. Be aware that different brands use different formulas: I found one that wasn't safe for me unless I went 85% or above. I think Ghiradelli's the safest option short of chewing raw cocoa beans.

#15 Ox on the Roof

Ox on the Roof

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Mmmmmm.....raw cocoa beans.... :lol:

Thanks for these ideas! I can do without a lot of stuff, but I must have chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: