Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Cannot Believe What I Just Ate

18 posts in this topic

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.

no portion control for me, no sireee!

Ads by Google:

Hehee. Yum! And people think a gluten-free diet is healthy. :P

i see that cadbury's will list if there is any gluten in their chocolate...so i bought a large dairy milk mint chocolate boar and ATE THE WHOLE FREAKING thing! i think i am craving something that is NOT so gosh-darn healthy for me all the time. it was delicious but now i feel kinda sick.

no portion control for me, no sireee!

You pig, you :lol:

Lol :lol:

I might have been known, once or twice, to do the same thing with a large Snickers bar. ;)

and of course, it wasn't a chocolate BOAR but A chocolate BAR.

as big as a boar but nonetheless, a BAR.

I thought it was a chocolate boar like a peppermint pig. I can just imagine it. :)

Sounds like me and corn chips. I went through at least half a bag of Xochitl Mexican style tortilla chips on my last road trip home.

If I hadn't learned that Frito's are on the safe-list (gluten-free and soy free) I would have lost more than 20 pounds over the summer.

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

COPIOUS QUANTITIES OF CHOCOLATE OMNOMNOM!!!

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

That sounds HEAVENLY. I am a choco-holic, but I'm lactose intolerant and just got diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. Anyone know what kind of chocolate (boar :lol: ) that I could get my hands on? I found a bar in the organic section of Kroger - gluten-free, LF, low sugar. But it tastes like...chocolate chalk.

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...! :( I was eating Khalari (sp?), from Whole Foods. My choc. had to be dairy-free and soy-free. I got the 85% dark. Can't vouch for the flavor, I thought it was good but I was lucky/pretty greatful to have any choc. at all. Folks on the diabetes board make their own chocolates with the dark choc or unsweetened, plus safe sweetener and coconut oil.

I seriously would like a chocolate mint boar right now.

I know--doesn't that sound good!?!

Well, before I became allergic to chocolate...!

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(

Oh Missy'smom, I am so sorry :(

Thanks jerseyangel. :) I have hopes that keeping it out long enough I can get it back again.

The Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares are awfully good! I prefer the 72%. The 86% is a little bitter for me. I have a package and here are ingredients.

72% - Unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla.

86% - Unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, sugar, milk fat, soy lecithin, vanilla, natural flavor.

Before I stopped eating them because of the sugar I ate Enjoy Life's "Boom Choco Boom" bars. They make a milk chocolate and dark chocolate, both free of the major allergens (i.e. gluten, soy, dairy...). Even if you were a milk chocolate fan, I'd suggest the dark; the milk didn't have much flavor.

I saw that someone mentioned Ghiradelli. I try to avoid chocolate altogether but when I really need some I eat that. The darker it is, the fewer ingredients you have to worry about. Be aware that different brands use different formulas: I found one that wasn't safe for me unless I went 85% or above. I think Ghiradelli's the safest option short of chewing raw cocoa beans.

Mmmmmm.....raw cocoa beans.... :lol:

Thanks for these ideas! I can do without a lot of stuff, but I must have chocolate!

Goodness, this post has my head swimming. I want chocolate so bad now but I'm trapped at work! :P

Goodness, this post has my head swimming. I want chocolate so bad now but I'm trapped at work! :P

And obviously working hard - or doing hard time :lol:

Mmmmmm.....raw cocoa beans.... :lol:

Thanks for these ideas! I can do without a lot of stuff, but I must have chocolate!

There's a vending machine on my floor in the dorm and the only thing I can safely eat is the Fritos (and I'm even trying to avoid those now). When its stock dwindles, some girls start leaving notes on the glass for the suppliers with requests for their favorites usually resulting in at least two full dispensers of that item. I have been incredibly tempted to leave notes for bizarre gluten-free food.

One of these days it's going to happen... Cookies & Cream? Carmello? No, give us 80+% Ghiradelli or Boom Choco Boom or Xochitl tortilla chips. Maybe individually packaged slices of Udi's? Rice noodles? I despise vending machines now. Hmm... Apparently I'm hungry.